Good Night

TIME

          Today’s dinner feels far more delicious than before. No, it is not because of the place, and also not because of the cuisine’s price. It is because of his mood. Yeah, the 23-years-old man is in his good mood. He cut the steak in his plate calmly while letting out a small chuckle after hearing Jisung’s joke about a drunk man who is trying to go home.

“And guess what happened next?” Wanna One’s oldest member paused his story with a question to give a dramatic effect.

“Can he get home safely, hyung?” – Jihoon.

“He must be turning round and round in the street,” – Guanlin.

“He’s dead.” – Seongwoo.

          Seongwoo’s short answer successfully makes everyone in the table stops whatever they are doing and burst out laughing. Hwang Minhyun, who is about to eat his steak peacefully ends up leaning back to his chair and laugh while still holding his fork with the steak in it’s top. Ha Sungwoon throws his steak back to the plate and hits Jinyoung who is sitting beside him while laughing hard. Daehwi lets out protests about “hyung you’re so mean” and “hyung we are eating dinner now” but can’t help to laugh as well. Jaehwan is laughing –with his high-pitched voice, of course- while holding his stomach and everyone can see that he is slowly sliding down from his chair. And now Jisung is forced to hold back the real answer because his mind is also went blank, thanks to Ong Seongwoo.

            The dinner that night ended longer than usual, but full of laughter thanks to Jisung and Seongwoo. The members who are actually have gone pretty tired decided to go back to the dorm immediately while on the other side, Jinyoung, Daehwi and Jisung go to take some walk and get some fresh air with their manager to Hongdae. Some staffs take the other eight members back to the dorm while telling them the schedule for tomorrow and the following days. The man nods and takes his phone out, taking notes about their schedules and set alarms for himself.

The day has gone pretty late when they arrived in the dorm. Those eight people immediately absorbed in their own business. Jihoon and Guanlin are busy with ‘Korean language lesson’ for Guanlin, Sungwoon and Jaehwan are playing guitars in the living room, meanwhile the other three people had already fall to their slumber right after taking shower. The 23-years-old man lies in his bed, but his eyes are still wide open. His mind wanders to someone who ‘met’ him in the showcase few weeks ago.

Have you fall asleep, Seonho-ya? He thought while opening his phone’s gallery. He looked at one of the boy’s pictures carefully. Suddenly he remembered that there used to be some news saying that the boy had gone to several abroad trips with some seniors. Hesitation creeps in his heart. You didn’t forget me, do you?

He opened his inbox and froze track seeing those unreplied-message. Yeah, the boy had sent him text messages for several times. Unfortunately, his timing is always bad so, the man can’t reply the messages immediately. And after the older has spare time, he usually gets distracted by practices or other dormitory-businesses which finally make him totally forget about those messages.

It’s 12.10. If you are now practicing you shouldn’t have gone asleep, yet. He types some sentences, but deleted them right away. You’re a fool, Hwang Minhyun. You didn’t reply any of his messages, but hoping this kid will reply your text in an instant? He cursed himself before finally comes to a final will. It is now, or the same unwanted things might happen again.

To: Yoo Seonho

Hello, there. Are you asleep yet?

          He looks at his phone for a minute and locks it. He waits for almost five minutes. Did he fell asleep already? He checks his phone, hoping there will be a notification of at least one new message there. Nope. There is no notification at all. He locks it again. Maybe he has gone to sleep. Maybe I will get a reply tomorrow. Let’s just think positively.

The man is about to put his phone back to the bag beside his bed when his phone screen suddenly turns on. Surprised and feeling nervous at the same time, he rushed to check it. And there is it, a notification of a new text message.

From: Yoo Seonho

Minhyunie hyung…?

No, I haven’t sleep yet, just got home from practicing.

Hyung, why are you still awake?

                His sleepiness has gone all of a sudden. He realizes that his heart beat had increased for some reasons and an unconscious smile now curved in his lips. Should I ask whether he is angry or not for me not replying all of his previous texts? Or should I just talk about anything else?  The man sits up and leaning towards the wall. Seems like it is going to be a long night, he thought before finally typing a reply.

Hwang Minhyun:

Yeah, it’s me. I can’t sleep, yet.

How are you, hm? How is your practice today?

 

Yoo Seonho:

Ah.. I see. Getting a handful thing to think, hyung-nim?

I’m fine kkk. I learned a little about popping today.

It wasn’t as easy as I imagined :(

 

Hwang Minhyun smiles in amusement reading the reply. Who said popping is easy.. well, at least you’ve tried. He continues typing his reply.

 

Hwang Minhyun:

I don’t think so..

I often having things like this kkk. Don’t worry.

Who said popping is easy.. It’s okay.

You just begin to learn it today, right? It will be much easier later.

 

Yoo Seonho:

Need some sleeping pills, hyung?

Hyungie can’t sleep too late!

Your schedules are so tight, hyung..

Kkkk yeeess I know, I know^^

Hwang Minhyun:

No need. I will fall asleep later when I’m too tired.

Oh right, sorry about your previous messages.

I… forget to reply to any of them. Forgive me, byeongari.

 

            10 minutes passed by. Nothing came in anymore. Did he really fall asleep now? The man waits patiently and taking his time to take a look at some articles about Wanna One. 15 minutes, 17 minutes... he got nothing. He isn’t angry, is he? He checked his sent messages. The sign read sent, but he still got no reply.

It’s almost 2 am, but his phone stays silent. The 23-years-old man remembers that tomorrow he will have an interview with a magazine. Maybe I should just go to sleep. Seonho probably fell asleep. He sets his alarm and sending his last message for that day before putting his phone away.

His eyes are heavy, but his mind is still awake. He smiles recalling his short conversations he just had with the younger one. It was short, but quite meaningful. I bet he will get up and be all hysteric tomorrow. He recalls his last message sent to the younger one and nods in amusement.

Well, you’re not dreaming, Seonho-ya. Good night, and have a nice dream.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeoooooong, everyone!

It's been more than a week since ch 4 so, I decided to post this 5th chapter.

Tell me, what do you think? Do you have any suggestion on what should our two characters doing when they have time to finally see each other?

I'm looking forward to your suggestions :)

-cutiepie21-