Author's Note

TouJours Belle

Greetings! 

This is Theron and first off, thank you for being such good readers! I appreciate all the comments, anticipations and well wishes. I have received them and kept your words close to my heart. 

Toujours Belle is my first ever completed on-going fan fiction. It is not perfect and I have regrets along the way but nonetheless, it was a great experience. Through Toujours Belle, I hope to convey some simple messages. 

Everyone has a story to tell- see that lady there with a scowl on her face? How rude, you may be thinking. Maybe she had a bad day- a fight with her husband, conflicts with her colleagues, problems with her family. Human instincts steer us to judge a person at first impression. Tiffany eyed Taeyeon feeling a sense of superiority and Taeyeon quickly labeled Tiffany as a pompous office lady. Everybody has a reason that made them who they are today- the good, the bad, the happy, the sad. It is not wrong to judge- we are humans but always put on that best smile when you see that grumpy looking old man walking down the road. Your smile could make someone's day a little brighter.

Life isn't always a rainbow- like Taeyeon's, it started out rough and painful. Many of us choose to be like Taeyeon. With our walls built high, we choose to mask ourselves with a cold facade, staying safe in our comfort zone and shut ourselves away from the world. Occasionally, someone like Tiffany comes along. We hurt, we get hurt but who knows, maybe, somewhere out there we might find something for us if we take the first step to tear our walls down?

We are always blessed- deliberately or coincidentally. Often, we ignore how fortunate we are and choose to be spiteful over the negativity of life. Care and concern come in many forms that we can't see physically. Taeyeon had a family like Jiwoong, Yoona and Halmoni who secretly care for her without telling her. Tiffany had an amazing best friend, Juhyun, who understood her at the back of her palm. We often forget our ability to care for others, likewise, the blessings we received from others. Look around you and be content with what you have. We can only be truly happy when we learn to be satisfied with the little we have. 

Love comes to you when you least expect it- we all dream of a cliche, breath-taking love that sweeps you off your feet. Tiffany found Taeyeon when she least expected it, and Tiffany loved Taeyeon even before she realized it. We actively seek love, seek a relationship; and revolves our life around find 'the one'. Be you and learn to live by yourself, for yourself, with yourself. Love comes in different languages- a hug, a kiss, a handwritten letter, a song or even an angry glare. Appreciate those around you and one day, you'll find a love worth keeping. 

P.S: I will be doing a short FAQ so if you have any questions, do comment and I'll try my best to answer them below!