Toujours Belle XI

TouJours Belle

Juhyun shifted her weight, her legs cramped being in the same position for nearly an hour. She winced at the wetness seeping through her pajamas but kept her hands rubbing soothing circles on Tiffany's back. Through hiccups and wailed sentences, Juhyun knew it was about Taeyeon.

Juhyun's own fatigue after a hectic day at work was forgotten as she let Tiffany buried her face deeper into her shoulder.

"Sooyoung, it's me," she whispered into the phone after Tiffany fell into a slumber, exhausted from the crying. Juhyun pulled the blanket over her and brushed the tears from her best friend's rosy cheeks. "I need your help."

//////////

Tiffany roused from her sleep with a loud groan. Her head weighed a ton and Tiffany flung her arm to shield her eyes from the sunlight seeping through the windows.

"You're awake?" Tiffany groaned in response and swatted Juhyun's hands away when she poked her cheek.

"Go away," Tiffany croaked when Juhyun relentlessly continued her assault.

"You ungrateful woman," Juhyun said with a smile, pulling Tiffany up by her arm. Tiffany covered her face with her palm. 

"It's already noon. Come on, I made you pancakes."

"Pancakes?" Tiffany peeked through her fingers. Juhyun chuckled.

"Yes pancakes, Miss Hwang. Now hurry along before I decide to have it for myself."

Tiffany blinked and scurry off the couch, nearly tumbling over her own feet as she slammed the toilet door behind her.

Syoung, she is awake. I'll try to talk to her later.

OK. I've applied two days of leave for her.

Thanks, unnie ;)

No worries Hyun. Let her know before you call Taeyeon. She might not like it.

I'll see what I can do.

I trust you Hyun. Thanks.

Have a good day at work, Youngie.

YES I can relax without tyrant Hwang around :p

You owe me a meal for giving you this small break then.

DREAM ON!!!!

Juhyun locked her phone when Tiffany emerged from the washroom- freshly showered but haggard and her eyes were puffy. Juhyun pretended not to notice as she ate her own toast.

"Seo Juhyun made me pancakes? Is the world ending?"

"Take it or leave it, Hwang Miyoung." Juhyun stuck her tongue out.

Tiffany dragged the chair noisily and plopped down across Juhyun, pulling the plate of pancakes towards her with a broad grin. Deliciously warm and stacked high; Juhyun had also considerately placed a bottle of maple syrup, a cup of orange juice with an extra side of scrambled egg and bacon on the table.

"If you want ice cream," Juhyun pointed to the fridge, "I bought two new pints last night. Strawberry and chocolate."

"Later," Tiffany bit into a mouthful of maple syrup soaked pancakes. Juhyun grinned to hear Tiffany hum a little in contentment. She finished her breakfast in silence, catching up on the news on her tablet.

"Any interesting stuff?" Tiffany mumbled with the bacon hanging from her syrup coated lips. Juhyun shook her head in disbelief and threw the box of Kleenex at her.

"No, but my best friend who is a magazine editor and has horrible table manners will make the news." Tiffany scowled at her. Juhyun waited until Tiffany has finished her meal, laughing when Tiffany leaned back and patted her stomach with a loud burp.

"That was good."

"Your kind of comfort food," Juhyun teased, "I'll stick to my sweet potatoes."

"Too healthy, Hyun." Tiffany shuddered.

"So..." Juhyun propped her chin on her hands, "Do you wanna tell me what happens now?"

Tiffany's shoulders slumped. Juhyun waited and with a sigh, Tiffany broke the silence.

//////////

"Go take a shower, you reek."
Tiffany slapped Juhyun's arm and leaned on her again, barely paying attention to the movie.

"What should I do now?"

"Hmm?" Juhyun looked at Tiffany. She knew that Tiffany wasn't talking about the movie- her lower lip was trembling again. She looped her arm around the brunette's shoulders.

"I'm not sure, to be honest," she said, "but for now, it's best you give her time to cool down. Nothing gets through when someone is angry."

"I want to help her. It's my fault."

"It's partially your fault," Juhyun corrected.
"I know I'm your best friend but that doesn't mean I have to take your side. It's your fault for being insensitive about her situation and feelings."

"I don't blame her for being angry."

"I wouldn't," Juhyun sighed, "Her childhood sounds really sad."

Tiffany sighed and silently punched the cushion in her hold.

"Well," Juhyun removed her arm from Tiffany's shoulders, "I might know of a way to help her but..."

"You can?" Tiffany's eyes brightened.

"I might have a way, Tiff," Juhyun scrolled through her contacts. "Remember Hyoyeon? The one who broke Mr Jung's nose with a water balloon?"

"How could I?" Tiffany laughed at the flashback, "We all knew his nose was fake."

"Guess what? That troublemaker is a superintendent now."

"No way." Tiffany gasped in astonishment.

"Yes way," Juhyun grinned proudly. "And guess who has her number?"

"No way!" Tiffany exclaimed. "Hyunnie, help me, please?"

"I will," Juhyun beamed and Tiffany knew that her best friend's aid will do not come easy.

"Now tell me," Juhyun smirked and Tiffany- befriending Juhyun since the age of 10 could read her like an open book. She groaned.

"Do you like Taeyeon?"

"I have the rights to refuse that question." Tiffany felt her face burn. Juhyun shrugged.

"Fine," she hated the grin on her best friend's face.

"Fine, I like her."