Ch.15

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.15


~Last time~

  “I don’t know Jihoon. Maybe it would be best if we end this...whatever it is. If you really think I’m not going to be faithful to you than just leave.” I say, turning to look at him once before he gets up and leaves the trailer.

 ‘Stupid...’ I think, but it was me that was stupid, not Jihoon.


~Now~

 I woke up late the next morning, my leg bothering me.

  “Why the hell is it so itchy?” I ask myself, sitting up on the bed.

  “That would mean that it is healing.” JR says, making me jump.

  “Why the hell are you so close to the bed?” I ask, slowly scooting in a little.

  “Jihoon came back to where we were last night and punched Wade in the face before walking away. His eyes were red so I figured he had cried at one point. I came to check if you were okay after taking Wade to see Catherine, but you were already asleep. I stayed back here all night to make sure you slept okay.” he answers, making me gawk at him.

  “You didn’t have to stay the whole night. I slept just fine.” I mumbled, moving to get out of the bed.

  “I have to re-bandage that. There is gonna be another sparring match today and I want to make sure that avoids further injury.” JR says, moving to grab the first-aid kit.

  “These people like fighting too much.” I say, cooperating so that I can beat the out of someone.

  “So do you. Although you prefer the dead ones.” he says, shaking his head as he applied the alcohol.

  “I hate you.” I grimace, squeezing his arm again.

  “You’ve said this a couple of times Kitty and I still don’t believe you.” he says, wrapping my leg before standing up.

 I shrug my shoulders and stand as well, holding onto his arm so that I can steady myself.

  “Have to let the anger out somehow.” I grumble, moving to grab my clothes and head into the bathroom.

  “Try to hurry up. It looks like some of your friends are coming to interrogate you.” JR says quickly, probably in a rush to leave the trailer.

  “Just let them in on your way out.” I sigh, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

 I hear the door close before it swings back open and Miri’s voice breaks through the bathroom door.

  “CHOI CHAE RIN GET YOUR OUT HERE NOW!” Miri yells, causing me to nearly fall over.

  “Jesus Christ…I’m gonna go deaf...” I mumble, opening the bathroom door before being bombarded with questions.

 ‘Why does Jihoon look salty?’

 ‘How come I heard him tell your brother you two weren’t together anymore?’

 ‘What the happened last night?’

  “Guys...please I'm getting a headache. Go sit on my bed and I'll answer your questions.” I grumble, pushing them to my bed.

 We move towards the bed and the three sit down as fast as possible and stare at me like hawks.

  “Okay...the first one...he always generally salty. Two, because we aren’t together anymore. Three, he couldn’t trust me so I told him if he didn’t then he could leave my trailer and that would be the end of our relationship..and he left.” I say, watching all their faces change from shock to slight anger and then back to shock.

  “GIRLS! The sparring is about to happen.” JR says, looking in through the front door.

 Miri, HyunAe and Hyun Jung basically ran from the trailer ready to kick for the day and I just sat there staring at JR.

  “How much did you hear?” I asked, getting up and walking out the trailer door.

  “After your full name?..Not much, but I heard everyone talking in the cafeteria tent while I was there. I’m sorry about what happened.” JR says, walking next to me as we headed to the training area.

  “It’s not your fault. We both have trust issues...I just have a lot of trust in him and I guess it wasn’t mutual. No worries...I’ll be okay after I kick someone’s today.” I say, giving him a small smile before going silent.

 When we reached the training area everyone glanced at me and my brother came up to me and hugged me.

  “Are you okay?” he whispered, trying not to be heard.

  “I’m fine Gigi. I just have to kick someone’s .” I say, hugging him back before letting go.

 “Let’s get started then.” he smiles, heading towards the center.

  “Before we begin, I'll let you know in advance that some of my group will be holding actual weapons, not for the sparing, but because there are walkers nearby and I want to make sure everyone is safe.” Andrew says, looking at Wade, Jessica and Brandon.

  “Oh sure...give the weapons to the ones who really want to kill us.” Miri grumbles silently, making everyone look at her.

  “If they are smart, they won’t do anything stupid. To make it even, three females and three males on your side will be allowed to carry weapons as well.” Andrew says, showing the weapons we chose yesterday.

 After Miri, HyunAe, Chung Gi, Seungcheol, JR and I grabbed our weapons, the sparing matches began. Everyone quickly chose their sparring partners before wood clashing together was heard.

  “Is this going to be a silent one?” Andrew asks after five minutes.

 No one says anything, too focused on the person they were sparing with. I was sparing Jessica, Hyun Ki was sparing Wade, Chung Gi was against Brandon, Seungcheol was against Luke, JR was against Brian, Miri was against Jean and HyunAe was against Angelica.

 A loud bang was heard before everyone stopped what they were doing.

  “What the was that?” Miri asked, moving a few inches away from Jean.

  “That would be the distraction I was hoping for.” Wade grins, quickly stabbing Hyun Ki in the gut before swinging the sword across his neck to sever his head.

  “HYUN KI?!” Hyun Jung’s scream echoed throughout the whole area.

 Everyone had frozen in shock before Hyun Jung grabbed HyunAe’s knife and jumped on Wade, stabbing him repeatedly in the face.

  “Ki..ki...” I whispered, my brain slowly registering that my best friend, one of my only male best friend’s head lay not three feet away from me.

 I quickly lifted my sword and did cut Jessica’s head off her body before walking over to Hyun Jung to pull her off of Wade.

  “He’s dead Hyunnie...he’s dead.” I say, pulling her to me before we collapse on the ground together.

 While Hyun Jung and I stay together on the ground, with HyunAe joining us, everyone else corners the rest of Andrew’s group.

  “Instead of blaming us for what Wade did, maybe we should all head away from this camp.” Brandon says, causing me to look up and glare at him.

  “WHAT WADE DID? YOU STUPID SON OF A ! I KNOW DAMN WELL IT WAS YOU WHO STARTED THIS! CATHERINE SOLD YOU AND YOUR LITTLE GROUP OUT! YOU ALL DESERVE WHAT JESSICA AND WADE GOT...HELL, YOU DESERVE WORSE AND SO DID THEY!” I scream, all the agony and pain of the last few years finally catching up.

  “Who might that be?” Andrew asks, looking at Catherine who had run towards us as soon as she heard the banging.

  “Wade, Brandon, Angela, Cody and Jessica.” Catherine says, a hard glare clear on her face as she looked at the people she listed.

  “Grab the remaining three and tie them somewhere for the walkers. It should give us enough time to get out of the area.” Andrew says, looking at his son who quickly grabbed a rope and had some people help him get the three to a post.

  “Come on you three, we need to go.” Chung Gi says, slowly lifting me off the ground.

 Dino lifts up Hyun Jung and Wonho lifts up his sister before they walk towards their cars, that were thankfully moved to the back of the camp.

 I glance at Hyun Ki’s body one more time before he’s blocked by JR.

  “I’m sorry Kitty.” he mouths, his eyes sad at the loss of my best friend.

 I nod once before I pass out in my brother’s arms.


……..MY BABY HYUN KI!!!! I HATED WRITING HIS DEATH...BUT I HAD MADE UP MY MIND ABOUT ONE OF THEM DYING SINCE THE END OF THE FIRST BOOK….more might die eventually and I don’t even know how many books in total there might be...but thank you all for reading and I'll start the 4th book as soon as possible! See you next time! <3