Ch.11

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.11


~Last time~

 

“They want to kill us.” Jihoon says quickly, catching me completely off guard.

 

“What?” I ask, looking at him with wide eyes.


~Now~

 

“What do you mean they want to kill us?” I ask, still in shock.

 

“Maybe not all of them, but I heard one of the girls trying to talk Catherine into it.” Jihoon says, finally slowing down near the end.

 

“Catherine wouldn't do that...not after the trouble she went through to free Suye, Elyza, and Alicia.” I say, moving to the back of the trailer to sit on my bed.

 

“I know and she refused to do it anyways. I just don't know who in this cam would want us all dead. Most of them seem pretty okay with us being here.” Jihoon said, sitting next to me on the bed.

 

“I have a few ideas and one of them is the who brought us here.” I say, putting my head in my hands.

 

“You mean Wade I'm guessing, but there are a bunch of people here. How are we supposed to know which ones are not trying to kill us?” he asked, putting a hand on my knee.

 

“We won't. Not until they actually try something. In the meantime, we wait it out and see how long it takes them to break.” I say, looking up from my hands.

 

“Do you really think they'll be that stupid?” Jihoon asks, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers.

 

“If Wade is the one leading them, then yes.” I say, looking at him with a glint in my eye.

 

“We should get back before anyone comes looking for us.” Jihoon says, standing up and letting go of my hand.

 

“I haven't seen you in an entire week and you want to go so quickly?” I ask, standing up as well.

 

“I don't trust these people Chae Rin. For all we know they are already attacking our people.” he says, looking between me and the door.

 

“You don't trust anyone Jihoon and I doubt it. This camp echoes so bad I heard Wade scream when Brandon punched him in the face.” I grumble, moving to sit back on my bed.

 

“You know that's not true.” he says, the defense in his tone pissing me off.

 

“No, I really don't Jihoon, but fine. Let's go back to the others.” I say, moving past him and out the trailer door.

 

I walked back to the tent, leaving Jihoon to find his way on his own.

 

“Is everything okay?” Andrew asked, looking towards me as I got closer.

 

“Fine. Chung Gi, JR, I need to talk to both of you and you as well Andrew.” I say looking at the three boys.

 

“Okay, well then sit down and we can talk.” Andrew says, clearly not getting the point.

 

“She means alone.” Chung Gi says, standing up from his seat.

 

JR followed as well before Andrew decided he would follow.

 

“Is there a place we can talk?” I asked, looking at Andrew.

 

“We can head to my office.” he says, quickly leading us out of the dining tent.

 

I look up as Jihoon passes us on the way out.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked, grabbing a hold of my arm and looking at Andrew.

 

“Bringing up a problem to fellow leaders.” I say, moving my hand out of his grip before following the three guys.

 

“Is everything okay?” Chung Gi asks, slowing down to stand beside me.

 

“You'll find out soon enough.” I huff, glaring at the surrounding area.

 

“Is this a good enough place?” Andrew asks, closing the door as soon as we are all in the office.

 

“Perfect. Jihoon heard something in the medical ward that I think should be brought to attention.” I say, rubbing my forehead before sitting down.

 

“What is that exactly?” JR asks, glancing at me with concern on his face.

 

“He overheard one of the other females asking Catherine to join in on a coup. A coup to kill all of the foreigners present in the camp.” I say, looking between each of the guys and watching their reactions.

 

“None of them are dumb enough to try something like that.” Andrew says, sitting up straight in his seat.

 

“Are you sure about that? Brandon and Wade seem to love attacking your position as leader.” I say, glancing at him with a straight face.

 

“If those two are the leaders of the coup, then can't we stop it before they even try anything?” Chung Gi asks, looking at me.

 

“No, we can't. If they even find out we know about it then they'll act violently and people will die.” JR says, running a hand through his hair.

 

“His right. No one can know about the coup, it's even more dangerous that Jihoon knows about it. Keep him close to you Chaeri.” Andrew says, looking between the three of us.

 

“Why? He knows how to protect himself.” I say, raising the eyebrows of everyone in the room.

 

“We are well aware of that, but having more people near him will keep anyone from trying anything.” Chung Gi says, confusion clear on his face.

 

“It's nothing Chung Gi and I doubt they'd be stupid to try anything in broad daylight.” I say, giving my brother a pointed look.

 

He relents, but I can tell he knows that not everything is okay.

 

“Either way, just to be sure you will all need to have at least one other person with you at all times.” Andrew says, leaning back in his chair.

 

“Okay. Let's head back to dinner.” JR says, standing up from his seat.

 

“You guys go ahead. I think I'll turn in early tonight.” I say, standing up from my seat.

 

“I'll walk you back then.” JR says, moving next to me.

 

I nod and turn to leave the office with JR close behind.

 

“Is everything okay between you and Jihoon?” JR asks, slowing down as soon as we are far enough away from the other two.

 

“I don't want to talk about it. I know I'm only being paranoid.” I mumble, continuing to walk.

 

“About what?” he asks, keeping in time with my pace.

 

“Everything. He doesn't trust anyone in this camp and didn't want to spend any time alone with me.” I say, completely coming to a stop.

 

“After what he heard, I'm sure he has his reasons. He's just worried for everyone's safety.” JR says, stopping as well.

 

“I know, but it doesn't hurt any less.” I say, continuing towards the trailer.

 

“Just get some sleep. I'll be back later.” he says, patting my shoulder as we reach the door.

 

“Okay.” I nod, unlocking the door and entering before handing him the key.

 

“Goodnight Kitty.” he says, turning to walk away.

 

“Night night.” I mumbled, closing the door and heading to flop on the bed.

 

The world quickly went black as I got comfortable on the bed.


….........Awe T~T Chaehoon is fighting...they'll make up soon though so it'll be okay XD I hope you all like it and sorry for the slow updates. I have been posting one-shots and most recently a chapter story on another writing account of mine as ideas for a show I like keep popping up. Anyways...BAIBAI for now <3