ch.13

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.13


~Last time~

A few minutes later everyone was sitting at the table resting their stomachs when Miri and HyunAe suddenly grinned at each other.

 

We're ready!” they scream together, causing a few of the boys at the table to jump.


~Now~

 

God I would feel a lot better if they stopped grinning like that.” Hyun Ki says, following behind the girls as they all headed to the training grounds.

 

It had taken almost a good hour for everyone to get ready and meet up.

 

I guess it’s a good thing we aren’t sparing against each other than, now isn’t it?” Hyun Jung asked, teasing her older brother.

 

What’s wrong?” I ask, turning to look at the siblings.

 

They make a face at each other before Hyun Ki shakes his head.

 

So we really aren’t going to be partnering up during the sparing session?” HyunAe asks, turning to walk backwards so she could see.

 

Not with each other. We will only be pairing up with the Americans.” I say, watching where HyunAe was walking, knowing damn well she was bound to fall.

 

I hope I get to kick Wade’s .” Miri says, a -eating grin on her face.

 

Make sure you make both of his eyes black.” Hyun Jung says, giving her a thumbs up.

 

Of course. I wouldn’t miss out on the chance to even it out. Besides, I think the black eye is an improvement.” Miri laughs, circling her face as if to call Wade ugly.

 

That’s so ed up.” Elyza laughs, making Miri grin in accomplishment.

 

That’s what she was aiming for.” I smile, shaking my head at my best friend.

 

Do you know who we’ll be paired with?” Alex asks, coming to the front where we were all talking.

 

I do believe they are going to let you choose. You are their guests after all and it would be rude if they chose for you.” Andrew says, following behind Chung Gi and JR.

 

That’s great. I call dibs on black and blue.” Miri says, grinning from ear to ear.

 

Black and blue?” Carl asks, raising an eyebrow.

 

Wade.” I smile, watching Carl try to hide a laugh.

 

There is also a surprise for you when we get there. A gift of sorts from us to you, kind of as a parting gift.” Andrew says, smiling lightly as we enter the training area.

 

Parting gift?” Chung Gi asks, looking at the older man.

 

I figured that with Jihoon being healed and you all being together again, you would wish to part ways to continue on your journey.” Andrew replied, a small, sad smile on his face.

 

I do believe we may be able to stay for a few more days, if it’s not too much of a burden?” JR questions, looking between Andrew, Chung Gi and I.

 

Burden, no. However, I do wish to keep you all safe.” Andrew says, turning to look forward as we neared a tent on the far corner of the training field.

 

And what of your safety and the others who do not agree with the black and blue man?” Miri asks, looking up at Andrew with concern.

 

Do not worry about me. I feel this place will be less harsh after you all are gone. They are just tense is all.” Andrew said, although his face showed another thing entirely.

 

Everyone kept their mouth closed as we entered the tent.

 

Here it is. You may all choose two weapons each. We figured you may need them for the road ahead. The world doesn’t seem to get any better, no matter where you go.” Andrew said, a smile now on his face.

 

There is no way we can accept these. What about your people?” I ask, taking a small step back.

 

My people are fine. We have another tent specifically for our group and their personal preference towards weapons. We’ve scavenged all of these ones and have little to no need for them. No one cares to use them and so they would go to waste otherwise.” Andrew says, shrugging his shoulders.

 

Only if you are sure. We should let the ones who do not have a weapon choose first.” Chung Gi says, moving away from the racks.

 

Jihoon, JR, Miri and I move back as well so that the others can choose their weapons.

 

Your group is very smart.” Carl says, watching as the others choose.

 

What do you mean?” JR asks, following Carl’s gaze.

 

They choose melee weapons first before thinking of grabbing a gun.” Carl replies, pointing at how most are focused on the melee racks.

 

I think Chaeri has a lot to do with that. For a while, she wouldn’t allow any of us to use a gun, much less hold one in fear of it accidentally firing. We all used to have weapons, but over time we either lost them during a fight with the dead or they just wore out and couldn’t be used anymore.” Miri says, watching Hyun Jung choose her weapons.

 

I do believe it is your turn now.” Carl says, watching as everyone slowly moved away to let us choose.

 

Miri was the first to choose. Her main weapon was a morning star and her primary was a simple black 9mm pistol.

 

Damn. That girl is savage. Morning stars are quite heavy.” Andrew laughs, watching Miri spin it around like it was a feather.

 

Your turn.” Jihoon says, nudging me forward.

 

I look around the melee racks before finally coming to a stop at a light pink katana.

 

Did you guys just happen to know I love katanas?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at Andrew.

 

You are quite good with them.” Andrew says, shrugging his shoulders.

 

I smiled before picking it up and strapping it to my back. I turned and quickly spotted my favorite type of gun and grabbed it.

 

AK-47? Someone’s a badass.” Carl says, earning his slight glares from Jihoon and JR.

 

My dad was a gun dealer and taught me everything about guns, especially this bad boy right here.” I say, holding the gun at my side.

 

The small knife you carried around, along with a few extra’s are in this. Take good care of it.” Andrew says, passing me a small pouch.

 

I opened it and pulled out my pink knife before pulling out a knife holster that I could strap to my leg.

 

This is badass.” I mumbled, moving to strap it on my leg before pulling out the three knives stored in it.

 

While I was playing with the knives JR and Jihoon had chosen their weapons.

 

Now I do believe you have a sparring match to get to. Have fun and choose your partners wisely.” Andrew said, pretty much ‘bowing out’.

 

Are you all satisfied with your weapons?” I ask, looking at the rather large group we have accumulated.

 

After an onslaught of ‘hell yeahs’, we moved to the training grounds where Andrew’s group was waiting for us.

 

Let’s get this started shall we?” Wade asks, cracking his knuckles.

 

Yes please, let’s begin.” Miri said, copying him before moving to stand in front of him.


………...Holy hell I honestly don’t know what to say….it’s been over a year since I updated and although the year has been hell, I have finally updated and I can honestly say it feels good to update this story T~T I have been focusing on another story for the last few weeks as I settle into my new, but still temporary home, as I just recently moved to a different state. Please forgive me for updating this so late and I hope you all like the chapter <3