Chapter 7

Presence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they arrived at the hospital, VIXX’s manager immediately went to make a call to the President to inform him about the incident and to block media coverage.

Taekwoon arrived first as he followed the ambulance. When the rest of the members came, Taekwoon’s face was red with anger. He stormed towards Hakyeon’s direction and grabbed his collar. 

“It’s all because of you that Hyuk’s in this condition! You don’t deserve to be here after you’ve done! You think that by shedding some tears will solve everything?!” Taekwoon snarled as he hurled his fist and landed a punch on his face.

Hakyeon landed on the floor with a loud thud with blood trickling down his cracked lips.

Instead of explaining himself, Hakyeon just sat on the floor without any expression, staring towards the direction of the emergency room. 

None of the members stepped forward and helped him. Instead, they all shared the same look, looks of disappointment towards their leader.

Soon, the doctor came out.

“Han Sanghyuk’s family?” The doctor asked as he looked around.

Hakyeon quickly pushed himself up and dashed towards the doctor.

“We’re here!” Wonsik said quickly.

“He just fainted from shock and suffer a mild concession from the blow. After staying a few days in the hospital for further observation, he will recover. You can visit him now.” The doctor said professionally.

“Thank you doctor.” Taekwoon said as he bowed down to the doctor.

All of them heaved a sigh of relief. The rest of the members went to the ward to visit Hyuk, leaving the leader behind.

“Maybe it’s not the time to go in now…” Hakyeon thought as he turned away and went to the rooftop. 

Once he’s sure he’s alone, he sat down on the floor. The guilt that was gathering inside his heart is like ice. It could be a hundred degrees out there but he will still be frozen on the inside. He couldn’t stand the suffocating feeling that was choking him on the inside. He used his fist to hit his chest, hoping that it will dissolve and relieve him, even a little.

Hakyeon than started crying as if his brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of his every pore. At that moment, the whole world had vanished for him, now there was only pain enough to break him, pain enough to change him beyond recognition.

Finally, he slowly calmed down and looked at his watch. It had been hours since he had been sitting there in the cold. He slowly lifted himself up. Thats when he’s finally aware of the pain of his knee. He painfully made his way down to Hyuk’s ward. He ignored his fever, his injury. All he cared was Hyuk.

When he entered the room, the members were all fast asleep, sprawled all over the couch and the side of this bed. Hakyeon close the door slowly and quietly and made his way to the bed. He could see Hyuk hooked up to the IV drip, the streak of moonlight through the window made his face looked pale. 

Hakyeon reached his shaky hands to touch his face and smiled softly.

“I’m sorry hyuk-ah…to put you through all these….I promise to mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter