Chapter 4

Presence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once they arrived in the van, Hakyeon removed his black hat and tousled with his hair, wiping the sweat that gathered on his forehead. He could feel his vision swarming as he rub his temples, trying to massage his growing headache. He closed his eyes, hoping to feel better once he arrived at the practice room.

On the other hand, the members were all gathered in the practice room, dancing vigorously, with the loud music playing in the background. Mistakes were made consistently due to the lack of formation with the absence of the leader. 

“Where is Hakyeon hyung! 3 hours has passed and he’s still not here! Because of him we keep on messing up the dance!” Taekwoon groaned in frustration as he paused the music and sat on the floor, sweating dripping from his wet hair.

“Did you try calling him? Why isn’t he here yet! HE of all people should know that we have dance practice today!” Hyuk grumbled, pissed off at the tardy behaviour of their leader.”

“I did but he’s not picking up.” Wonsik said as he picked up his water bottle and drank from it in big gulps.

“Let’s wait for a while more. Maybe something cropped up.” Hongbin said as he looked longingly at the door.

“Does he think that he’s the leader he can do whatever he wants! Other than being a ‘leader’ he can’t seem to do anything well. But guys, do you think he knows that we don’t like him and purposely leaving him out on purpose whenever we go out together without asking him?” Hyuk asked the rest of the members.

“Well, I guess he doesn’t. Seeing him still being clingy and everything. If he knows and still treats us like friends, he’s either a hypocrite or just has a thick skin.” Taekwoon grumbled.

“Whatever he does, I just hope that he knows and leaves us alone. I’m tired of having to pretend every time. Sooner or later, we will run out of excuses to keep him away.” Hyuk mutters.

Unknowingly, on the other side of the door, Hakyeon heard the conversation exchanged by the members. Hakyeon’s eyes soon become glazed with tears. As he blinked, they dripped from his eyelids and slip down his cheeks. He bit his lips tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from his mouth. 

“How could I not know…I’ve always known but…what can I say? I’m afraid.. afraid that I’ll really be alone…” Hakyeon thought as he heard the conversation, every single word piercing into his heart. Although he has already known that they hated him, but hearing it was another thing. It was like a confirmation and a fact thats he always trying to avoid.

With shaky hands, Hakyeon wiped his cheeks as he heard the footsteps of his manager behind him and he took a deep breath.

“Hakyeon-ah, why are you standing here and not going in?” His manager asked.

“Hyung..can you not tell the members what happened just now?” Hakyeon said, his voice laced with sadness.

“Why? I should let them know so that they will be able to keep a lookout for you.” His manager said.

“Just…don’t..please. I will handle it myself..okay?” Hakyeon said as he turned to look at his manager, with a smile, a sad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter