; DISASTER

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PUNCTUALITY IS THE
POLITENESS OF KINGS

 

Minhyuk circled a spoon around a delicate cup, allowing the tea within it to settle. At the round table, Changkyun sat with him, a male servant pouring him his drink. The two were murmuring something quietly so that he couldn’t hear.

“So where is Chae Hyungwon?” Minhyuk interrupted their conversation.

“He is travelling from his accommodation, he’s staying just outside the castle walls,” the servant stated, standing up straight.

“He’s staying amongst commoners?” Minhyuk directed to the other prince with him, an eyebrow raised.

“Well…uh…I wouldn’t say that. He’ll be here shortly I assume.” Changkyun quickly lifted his cup, bringing it to his lips and drank some of it a little too quickly. He drew the fine cup back as it burned his tongue. “Ah!”

“My lord, are you alright?” the servant asked.

“I’m fine, thank you Kihyun,” Changkyun responded uncomfortably. I placed his drink down on the saucer and cleared his throat awkwardly. Unlike his look of discomfort, Minhyuk seemed to appear quite relaxed while still managing to look regal.

“Is this your first time drinking tea? You’re supposed to sip it.” Minhyuk frowned. He gently placed the teaspoon down by the saucer and his lower lip. “But regardless, what do you think. I brought an array over with me. I’m not going to lie; my uncle does have a tendency to…what’s the right word?

“Spoil you?” Changkyun guessed. Minhyuk shook his head, bringing his cup up.

“No, he likes to make sure that I am comfortable.”

“Oh…I see,” Changkyun uttered quietly. From behind Minhyuk, Kihyun made a strange sound from the back of his throat. The two princes glanced towards him as he tried to compose himself quickly.

“Is something funny?” Minhyuk quizzed.

“Not at all, my lord. Forgive me, just a tickle in my throat,” he apologised. Changkyun hid the smile that crept onto his lips as he stared down at the table. It was quite obviously a lie on Kihyun’s part.

“Gentlemen, I apologise for being late,” came a sudden voice. Kihyun moved from his position to draw out a chair for the third prince before pouring him his own drink. The sweet aroma lingered in the air and Hyungwon took his seat, bowing his head in thanks.

“So glad you could join us,” Minhyuk began. “I was beginning to think you were not going to show.”

“Believe me, the thought did cross my mind.” Hyungwon readjusted his seat and then proceeded to rest his elbows on the edge of the table. Minhyuk clenched his jaw and stared at the male’s arms that leaned on the table, but although he didn’t say anything, it was clear it irritated him.

“Aren’t you a delight? I am sure your brothers are just as charming. Well, I would love to meet them,” Minhyuk spoke, sarcasm lacing his tone. Hyungwon didn’t appear to be offended and simply chuckled.

“Oh I’d love to meet them too,” he stated.

“You haven’t actually met them?” Changkyun exclaimed.
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter