; PRECAUTIONS

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WRONG THINGS HAPPEN WHEN
YOU TRUST THE WRONG PEOPLE

 

When the morning sun streamed in through the windows of the palace, Changkyun and Minhyuk found themselves safely in the dining hall. Minhyuk’s uncle stood nearby, an eye carefully focused on his nephew who barely touched the food that was on his plate. A doctor had tended to his wounds already, placing a cream over some of his cuts and bandaged his side. H could still feel the jar of pain that pulsed against his ribs.

“You need to eat,” Minhyuk’s uncle informed him. “You need to build up some strength.” His uncle’s eyes shifted away from him, not catching the way Minhyuk flinched in response.

The door was pushed open and the king and queen strolled into the room, a few guards flanking the two of them. The uncle stood up abruptly, gritting his teeth together.

“Where the assailants captured?” he asked, concern trickling into his voice.

“One was, and he has been placed into custody,” he king, Changkyun’s father, replied.

“Only one! What do you intend to do with the second?” Minhyuk’s stepped away from the table. “He attempted to murder my nephew! I should hope that you have some form of justice against that.”

“We believe that the culprits were hired,” the queen spoke up, “The imprisoned offender didn’t seem to know who Minhyuk was other, which suggests that he has simply been ordered to kill whoever resided in the room.”

“I want to request that Minhyuk is under watch in order to prevent any other attempts on his life,” his uncle informed.

“Of course, we’ll be taking extra precautions and will assign one of our knights to –”

“No,” Minhyuk interrupted, cutting the king off. “Please take no offense my lord, however I would like to choose my own armament.”

“Prince Minhyuk, I am thinking of nothing but your safety. I can assure you, you have nothing to worry about,” the king stated. Minhyuk pushed his meal away from him and stood up, gently pushing the chair in.

“The soldier who escorted me to the throne room. That is the only individual I will agree to, or I shall return to Validien,” Minhyuk warned.

“Changkyun?” the king directed to his son, “Who does he speak of?”

“Oh…” the prince realised he was being spoken to. “Son Hyunwoo.” The king in took a breath and looked at his wife. The woman nodded her head once, her delicately painted lips moving to whisper something to him.

“Very well, I shall grant your request.”

“I am glad we could come to an agreement,” Minhyuk murmured before turning his head to face his uncle.

“I have to disagree with you,” the older man informed.

“I would rather not leave until our business here is resolved,” he responded.

“If it is what you wish,” his uncle spoke in a low voice.

“Excuse me, I need to clear my head for a moment,” Minhyuk bowed respectfully to the king and headed towards the door, pausing as he stood at it. “I have one more request.”

“And what is that, young prince?” Changkyun’s father quizzed.

“Extend an invitation to Prince Chae Hyungwon to reside here during his time in Nardowen. If my assailant’s employer discovers that he is under little protection outside the palace walls, he may be targeted as well,” he explained.

“I was unaware, but I see your concern. I shall send a messenger to his accommodation promptly.” Minhyuk remained for a moment longer then exited the room quietly, venturing down the hall. He swallowed heavily and exhaled a heavy breath in which he had been containing. He needed air. Despite the fact that he wasn’t safe he doubted anyone would attack him in broad daylight and for that reason, he trekked outside, exiting by the first door that led outside.

It was a large garden he had ended up in, and even from where he was standing he could see guards pacing back and forth the battlements walkways. Safe, he thought. He would be fine with the multiple soldiers stationed around the perimeter.

Gradually he stepped down the pathway, his chocolate eyes shifting across the blue flowers that were in full bloom. The long thin leaves of the plant reached for the stone path. Minhyuk walked down slowly, catching a glimpse of the dark green moss wedged between the stones. His foot came down on one of the leaves and created a gap for his other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter