; WORRIES

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FEARS ARE NOTHING MORE
THAN A STATE OF MIND.

 

To say Minhyuk had a headache wasn’t even the half of it. Hyungwon’s elder brother sure knew how to talk, he thought. Even the other two princes seemed to be biting their tongues through dinner as not to say something offensive. He was only glad when their meal came to an end and Minhyuk quickly excused himself, stating he wanted to rest early for the night.

In actual fact, his mind was still racing. He was far from sleep, but he wasn’t sure how much he could take. Hyungwon had only sent him a sympathetic smile as he left. He felt strangely guilty for leaving, but he truly did need some time to himself. He needed to think.

When he was in the comforts of his allocated bedchambers, he glanced around, observing the area. Clutching the air, as though he were holding the hilt of a blade, he slowly moved his hand in a motion he could only assume was some form of fighting technique. Minhyuk only felt stupid. Letting out a sigh, he sat down and gently touched his side.

Crawling under his skin, he could feel burning veins of anger. His mind flashed with the memory of needing to be rescued. In the heat of the moment, it hadn’t bothered him, yet now he was embarrassed. He was ashamed that he hadn’t managed to do anything. Even when given the opportunity to attack with a weapon. He was useless.

“Some king I’m going to make,” he muttered to himself. His voice quietly echoed in the room. Casting his eyes over to the door, he bit down on his lip. On the other side, he knew Hyunwoo or another soldier would be standing on guard. Rising himself to his feet, he walked towards it, pulling it open.

To his gratification, Hyunwoo was still there; he hadn’t yet left for the evening. The tall male looked down at the prince, a questioning expression masking his face.

“Is everything alright?” he asked.

“Um yes,” Minhyuk nodded his head, feeling his heart flutter in his chest. “I was just…You know Wonho, don’t you?” Hyunwoo’s jaw twitched and softly he cleared his throat.

“Yes,” he replied slowly.

“Do you know if it would possible for me to meet with him?” Minhyuk enquired. “I…uh…I have something I wish to question him about.” The soldier furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Minhyuk tried to maintain a stance that indicated authority; he didn’t want to be interrogated.  

“I am unable to leave you unattended,” Hyunwoo began, “I can see what I can do –”

“I’ll be fine,” Minhyuk interjected, “Please. It is important.”

“But my orders…”

“I will take full responsibility,” Minhyuk continued. Hyunwoo didn’t move from his post before finally giving in and bowed his head. Hesitantly he wandered away from the open door, his eyes darting back to look at the young prince.

Closing the door, Minhyuk rested his back against it. He let out a soft breath and stared at the window. The sky was dark. Carefully approaching the open window, he peered down, spying the torches lit in the garden. Observing the area, he then drew the drapes over the window, concealing the outside world.

He fiddled with his fingers, sliding his feet across the floor. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, in thought. Minhyuk didn’t even realise that he was pacing until he had walked back and forth several times. He didn’t know what he was worried about. Perhaps it was to do with the fact that he was now alone. He clasped his hands in front of himself, shaking his head. He had to get rid of the feeling of fear or unease he felt. He wasn’t allowed to be afraid of anything.

There was a soft tap at the door followed by Hyunwoo’s voice on the other side. Minhyuk felt his heart rising in his throat, his palms feeling warm instinctively. He darted towards the door, pulling it open before the soldier even had a chance. To his surprise, he found that Hyunwoo was alone.

“I apologise for coming alone,” he started, “Wonho is finishing up with his duties. He will be with you once he is finished.”

“Where?” Minhyuk found himself saying.

“Um…” Hyunwoo glanced away from him. “The garden?”

“Is that a question?”

“No?” Hyunwoo uttered, “No.”

“Very well, I’ll meet him down there,” Minhyuk stated. He left the door open as he disappeared further into the room to grab his cloak.

“Milord,” the servant opened. “Is it really a wise idea to be going out at this hour? I thought you needed to rest.” Minhyuk hummed softly to himself, fastening the front of his cloak up.

“I can’t really explain my motives,” Minhyuk informed, “Not at this stage. You need not concern yourself. I have no intention on any ill wishes on Nardowen. I would just like to keep my business to myself.” Hyunwoo nodded his head slowly, still visibly uncomfortable.

“What do you want me to do?” Hyunwoo asked as Minhyuk exited the room. The prince paused. He didn’t want Hyunwoo to get into trouble for helping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter