; INTERROGATION

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changkyun and Hyungwon walked side by side down the large grey stones that lead deep into the palace dungeon. In the distance water dripped down from the rocks. There were several guards on duty, all of which bowed their heads as the two princes passed. 

 

Finally, the two stopped in front of a tall guard who wore a captain's uniform. Changkyun straightened his back and cleared his throat so that it seemed to echo through the dungeons. 

 

"I seek an audience with the prisoner who recently attacked Prince Minhyuk," he started, "Please," he added for good measure. He glanced up at Hyungwon who pursed his lips and nodded his head in an okay fashion. 

 

The captain glanced between the two before instructing them to follow behind him. Wordlessly they trekked behind him, proceeding further and further into the dungeon. The captain came to a halt in front of a cell, bowing his head. 

 

"We can take it from here, thank you," Changkyun stated. 

 

"I can't leave you alone with a criminal," the soldier argued. Changkyun went silent, his lips parted as he racked his brain for a response. 

 

"This won't take long," Hyungwon spoke up. "But some privacy would be appreciated. Give us ten minutes and we'll be out of here." Looking conflicted, the captain glanced between the two princes before bowing his head respectfully. They listened to his retreating footsteps. 

 

In the cell, a man sat hunched on the floor. His clothing was misshapen and his hair thick with sweat and dirt. 

 

"Who are you?" the criminal said. 

 

"I am -" he was suddenly cut off by Hyungwon jabbing one of his skinny elbows into his ribs. He stared up at him in shock, to which the foreign prince shrugged his shoulders. "I am… who I am, " he concluded skeptically. 

 

"Really, cause I would've assumed you're a nobleman. I hate highborn pigs." The man got up from the ground, turning his head to spit. He leaned against the bars that separated himself from the princes. 

 

"Well you're in luck, he's not," Hyungwon sighed. "Serves under royalty if you can believe." 

 

"And you are?" 

 

"A highborn pig," he smiled. "Now that introductions are out of the way, we have some rather pressing questions for you."

 

"As if I'd tell a spoilt rotten child." 

 

"Ah, gosh darn it. That truly is a shame since I probably could've gotten you out of here if you told us who hired you." 

 

"Really, as if. I tell you that then I'm a dead man."

 

"To be fair you're a dead man anyway," Changkyun interjected. "You did attempt to commit regicide. He was actually being generous." 

 

"And I'm supposed to believe he's telling the truth? Hah! I'm not stupid." 

 

"I beg to differ," Hyungwon shrugged. "You attempted to commit murder in a heavily guarded place without being aware of just who it was you were attacking." The look he received was cold and deadly. 

 

The man pushed himself up from the bars, crossing his arms over his chest. He tsked, clucking his tongue on the roof of his mouth. His shoulders shook as laughter erupted from his chest. 

 

"You're a funny one, you rich bastard. But I'm not saying anything to you." 

 

Hyungwon pivoted, turning his back on the man and looked down at Changkyun. He took hold of his upper arm and leaned down. 

 

"I laid the groundwork, take advantage of it, " he whispered. 

 

"Where are you going," Changkyun hissed. 

 

"Don't worry, I won't be far," he let go of him and started to walk away. Changkyun absentmindedly straightened out his clothing, awkwardly clearing his throat. His palms felt sweaty as he looked up at the stranger. 

 

"So I see you got left to do the dirty work. That's how it always is with people like him. Can't get their own hands dirty, no, they have to pay someone else for that, " he scoffed. In the darkness of the dungeons Changkyun could see him till his eyes. 

 

Now he understood why Hyungwon said that he wasn't of nobility. In the car he wouldn't give someone of a higher rank an answer, he may let his guard down around someone he thought came from a poor background. He wasn't entirely wrong though. 

 

"Why do you serve them?" 

 

"Probably the same reason you took on that job," Changkyun responded quietly. 

 

"Money," the man nodded his head as though it was something the two shared in common. "They may be arrogant prudes, but their treasuries are filled to the rooftops." 

 

"How much were you going to get?" Changkyun asked. "I'd assume you were well compensated for since he is a prince." The man barked out a harsh laugh. 

 

His expression was filled with anger. His shoulders were tense and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter