; AGREEMENT

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR
TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE

 

“Your servant briefly informed me of Prince Minhyuk’s encounter,” Hyungwon said leaning in the back of his chair.

“He did?” Changkyun responded. Once Minhyuk’s manservant, Jooheon, had returned the room, after a lengthened period of time attempting to find the kitchen, he arranged to meet up with the Validien prince later in the gardens for some fresh air.

He had left the prince to drink his soup, which had started to become cold after its extended journey. Changkyun got the impression that Jooheon didn’t particularly know what he was doing.

“Quite comfortable speaking…casually?” Hyungwon observed.

“I would like to offer my apologies in case he offended you in any manner,” Changkyun bit his lip. “I grew up with Kihyun you see, I didn’t particularly like someone I considered close to me speaking to me as though I was above him. We knew each other…” he trailed off. “Well…for quite a long time.”

“It’s quite alright. I found it to be somewhat refreshing. You are lucky to have grown up with a companion,” Hyungwon stated.

“You didn’t?”

“On the contrary, as I have stated, I have numerous siblings but I have spent little time with them. I am under the impression that my eldest brother is staying here as well.”

“I am afraid, I am not aware,” Changkyun murmured. “My father doesn’t tend to include me in on the official business unless he wants to teach me a lesson.”

“Peculiar,” Hyungwon commented, “Even though I’m my father’s tenth son, I was required to attend some official parties that were nearby. I admit, most of which was because of my mother’s encouragement.” 

“What about your brother’s? Didn’t you meet any of them there?”

“I met Sejin at one; we were ten years of age. He is the ninth son. His mother is my father’s fourth wife. He has two brothers who share the same mother but they weren’t present.”

“I don’t mean to…sound potentially rude…but you keep speaking of your father having married more than once,” Changkyun slowly spoke.

“My father is married to four women. Polygamy is a common element amongst nobles in my country,” Hyunugwon clarified. “I understand it’s to maintain the family name and lineage; however I see the whole ordeal pointless. Sejin thought the same thing when we spoke last.”

“That brother that’s here. Do you and he speak often?” Changkyun asked.

“Daesuk? I don’t really know him that well. I remember I didn’t like him though. He visited once and we went out on the boats; he put a dead fish down my shirt.” Hyungwon exhaled a heavy breath, “However, despite our differences, I probably have to see him. I’m sure he’s matured…I’d hope. It’d be unfortunate for Ocerrar otherwise since I believe he is my father’s primary candidate for the throne.”

“Your father chooses his successor? It doesn’t go to the firstborn?”

“No, he chooses.”

“So you could potentially become king then?” Changkyun queried.

“Theoretically. I don’t have any proper training for it and I have little to no contact with my father. I don’t exactly see how my chances are exactly high,” Hyungwon shrugged his shoulders, “Not that I mind. It hasn’t really interested me.”

“If you must meet with your brother, I should take my leave and see you later tonight,” Changkyun stood up, preparing to leave the Hyungwon was staying in.

“You will,” Hyungwon nodded his head in confirmation.

 

 

Stepping out of the palace was not only refreshing but held a sense of comfort. Behind the walls, it oddly enough felt more dangerous. In the tranquil garden, he was relaxing. There was a soft breeze in the air. From some trees, the leaves were beginning to bleed red as autumn grew closer.

Minhyuk’s gaze was brought to the attention of a man, dressed in fine silks and robes of scarlet and purple. The man’s shoulder length hair, which was pulled back into a low ponytail, swept over one shoulder.

“Uncle?” Minhyuk called, looking at the dark haired man. His uncle’s coal like eyes found his own and he briskly strolled towards him.

“What are you doing outside, my young lord?” his uncle questioned.

“I was just –” he was cut off before he could finish his sentence.

“Don’t you realise how dangerous it is?”

“I am aware…” Minhyuk trailed off, pushing his shoulders back. He kept his eyes upwards, reluctantly meeting the stern gaze of the man.

“Where is your guard?” his uncle demanded.

“I bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter