; UNCOVERING

Crowned Prince [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TO WHOM YOU TELL YOUR SECRETS,
TO HIM YOU RESIGN YOUR LIBERTY
 

Hyunwoo dragged Wonho away from the two princes, informing them that he would be back momentarily. He didn’t say anything as he pulled Wonho down the hallway until they were near the knight’s quarters.

“What were you thinking?” Hyunwoo interrogated.

“I did not mean for it to happen. I did not know he was there,” Wonho defended himself, sighing heavily. “Now one of them thinks I am a servant and the other…I do not know what Prince Changkyun must be thinking.”

“You dug yourself a deep hole this time. You’re meant to be protecting Changkyun. How are you going to keep your identity hidden from Prince Minhyuk?” Hyunwoo asked, folding his arms over his chest.

“I will keep my face hidden from Prince Minhyuk when I am acting as a knight and bodyguard to Prince Changkyun,” he explained.

“And what of Prince Changkyun? What are you going to tell him?”

“I do not know at this point in time.”

“You can’t lie to your future king, he could have you thrown in prison, the stocks or worse,” Hyunwoo concluded.

“What if I tell him and he reports back to his father,” Wonho hissed.

“Then I suppose you’re going to have to use your family’s connections to get yourself out of that mess. I warned you when you started this, you were playing a dangerous game and that if you got caught –”

“I know, I am not allowing you to take any of the responsibility for my actions.” Hyunwoo nodded his head once and gestured to one of the large oak doors.

“You should get changed, they’ll be expecting you back as Hoseok.” The shorter male stepped towards the door, pushing it opening before pausing. He glanced over his shoulder.

“You do not think this is going to end well, do you?” he asked. Hyunwoo folded his arms over his chest and exhaled heavily while shaking his head.

“No. No matter how hard you try secrets are bound to come out, whether you want it to or not.”

“He will not find out. I will make sure of it,” Wonho said firmly. He disappeared into the room that belonged to him. He closed the door behind himself and made way on changing from the common clothing and into his uniform. The final item of clothing he had to pull on was his cloak, which he calmly pinned over his shoulders.

He caught his reflection in the mirror and peered through the dark hair that fell across his forehead messily, and into his eyes. He pushed his hair back from his face then lowered his hand and grasped a cloth and bound it around his head, covering up the lower part of his face. The top of it rested against his nose and cheekbones. Finally, he pulled up his hood so it was placed above his eyes, leaving those as the only visible part of his face.

Wonho stepped out of his chambers, glancing up at Hyunwoo from the corner of his dark eyes. He gave a small nod to indicate that he was ready. Together they started walking down the hallway to join the two princes. They walked in complete silence, and not once did they gaze at one another.

When they got outside, they discovered that both princes were sitting on the bench beneath the willow tree. The two seemed to be immersed in a quiet conversation between each other, which neither the protectors could pick up until they came closer.

“I should speak to him properly,” Minhyuk said.

“You shouldn’t stress about things too much,” Changkyun responded, “It can’t be good for your health.” Minhyuk glanced up at him, his eyes falling upon the two approaching figures. His eyes met the concealed male first and he swiftly rose to his feet in alarm. He breathed in deeply, his hand touching his side.

“Milord,” Hyunwoo spoke up, moving from Wonho’s side, “You must be more careful.”

“Forgive me, you simply startled me,” Minhyuk directed to the unrecognisable man. All he got in response was a bow of the head. “If I am completely honest, I knew it was going to be dangerous coming here…I just did not think I would be targeted for anything.”

“What do you mean by that?” Changkyun frowned, briefly stealing a look at Wonho, and then returned his brown eyes onto the Validien Prince.

“I was simply referring to the reasoning for my extended stay. My uncle’s discussions with your father,” Minhyuk replied, removing his hand from his side. He studied Changkyun’s face, reading his confused expression. “The Rebels?”  

“Rebels?” Changkyun repeated, puzzled.

“The radicles that have been attacking smaller cities and attempting to strike against the royal family? That was who I assumed my…assailants were.” Changkyun turned his head to face Hyunwoo first.

“I wasn’t aware sire,” the low-rank guard informed. The Nardowen Prince’s eyes flickered to meet Wonho’s.

“He speaks the truth,” he confirmed, his voice muffled by the fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter