Chapter Four

The meaning of Happiness

AN: Wow, some of you are really good. So you know in the beginning I mentioned there would be at least ten chapters, but as I reviewed the three chapters there is a possibility there might be more than ten chapters: maybe. Also, this might sound silly I have picked a theme song for the main couple: Jonghyun and Minhyun. The song will be later revealed in the story. Crazy, right? Any who: Thank you so much for subscribing, and thank you for commenting. I love reading them. Well enough about me blabbering, lets continue the story.

Chapter Four

“Promise me one thing.”

“What is that promise?”

“You won’t fall for me.”

Ever watch a movie and have it replay the same scene, or have some lame song play on repeat? This had been replaying in Minhyun’s head for the past day. Did Jonghyun honestly think Minhyun would fall for him? Minhyun would have laughed, but something held him back.

Minhyun sighed loudly. He climbed off his queen sized bed. His hair was scattered all over his head like a bird’s nest. Already waiting and hanging on some hook near his closet was his school uniform (dry cleaned). Minhyun did have maids and butlers, but he did not like being treated like a prince. He removed his silk pajamas and replaced them with the school uniform. He did a quick wash up in his bathroom, and combed his own hair until the evidence of a bird’s nest was gone. He left his room, was greeted by maids and butlers left and right, and his mother. His mother was wearing a light pink Versace v-zip mini dress, and her hair had been pulled into a bun. She was sitting in one of the dining chairs next to the dining table in their dining room. The dining room was grand size, with a glass rectangle table meant for twenty people set in the center. There were around seven black velvet chairs tracing one side of the table. Hanging above the table and attached to the ceiling was a chandelier. All this had been placed to match the white walls and mirrors of the dining room. 

“Minhyun-ah,” She greeted her son.

He slightly smiled, acknowledging her presence. He sat across from her at the table. Maids came into the dining room, placing a western style meal on the table. He took hold of some toasted bread, was about to place it in his mouth when he noticed something…

“Where is dad?” He asked.

“Oh your father,” His mother smiled. “He said he wouldn’t be returning home for another two days.”

Minhyun rolled his eyes. Of course he wouldn’t be home anytime soon. “I’m going to school.” He dropped the toast on his plate.

“But, sweetie, you haven’t even finished your breakfast,” His mother pointed at the full plate.

“I can eat at school.”

A maid had brought Minhyun’s backpack, and helped him placed it over his shoulders.

“Why do you do this all the time?” His mother frowned, losing her smile.

“Don’t stress about it,” Was all Minhyun said. He passed the butler who had been waiting to drive him to school on the way out of the house. Again…Minhyun wasn’t the type to enjoy the ‘prince like’ type of life.

-:::::-

Seongwoo was the first of the kingkas to arrive to the school. He was humming some random song and tapping his thigh to the rhythm.

“Ong-hyung.”

Seongwoo paused on his steps. He scavenged the few students on campus for the source of the one who called his name. He spotted him. “Daniel."

Daniel smiled happy to be noticed. “Morning, hyung.”

“Oh mornings,” Seongwoo said as if upset it was morning. “Schools are evil for making us go to school on mornings.”

Daniel laughed. “You say that all the time.”

“You have to agree,” Seongwoo came to Daniel’s side and the two continued the rest of the journey toward the school.

“I like mornings though,” Daniel admitted.

“You are weird,” Seongwoo said, jokingly.

And Daniel did not deny being weird, at least not when he was around Seongwoo.

“Wait,” Seongwoo suddenly stopped, moving his arm from blocking Daniel from moving any further. Something had caught his eye.

“What is it, hyung?” Daniel asked confused. Everything seemed to be normal. It was the regular routine of everyday life. People coming to school, looking half beat, or happy and excited like Daniel. Seongwoo placed a finger to his own lips. Daniel became even more curious. Seongwoo smirked, he pointed to someone at the front. Daniel followed the direction of Seongwoo’s finger.

What caught Seongwoo’s attention was no other than the 2nd year's class 3-D homeroom teacher: Kyunghoon. He parked his bike with the other bikes, had removed his helmet, and gone inside. This was the norms, but what perhaps caught Seongwoo’s attention were the flowers on Kyunghoon’s hand.

“Follow me,” Seongwoo grabbed Daniel’s fingers and took him to some other direction of the school. He led Daniel to some bushes (to use as a hideout). Daniel lifted his eyebrow, but followed whatever Seongwoo was up too. Seongwoo peeked over the bushes inside of the school’s windows.

“Hyung, we shouldn’t be snooping into other people’s business,” Daniel scolded. 

“Oh come on, this will be funny,” Seongwoo whispered.

Daniel sighed and got into the same position as Seongwoo. Turns out the window they were peeking in belonged to the school’s nurse Kahi.

“Oh, Jonghyun hyung is there,” Daniel whispered.

“Hm, I wonder if he has a crush on the school nurse,” Seongwoo mumbled.

Daniel gave Seongwoo a horrid stare. “Hyung…I think the one who has a crush on the nurse is your homeroom teacher.”

Seongwoo turned to stare at Daniel. “Mr. Kyunghoon could use a challenge.”

Daniel bumped his head on the wall. 

-:::::-

Kahi had been writing on a tablet on her desk. Sitting on the health bed, across from her desk was Jonghyun. He was nibbling on his lower lip waiting to be given the okay to leave the office; so far the school nurse didn’t say anything. It seemed like the okay would not come anytime soon.

“Jiyoung- noona!!” Kyunghoon came bargaining into the nurse’s office, startling Kahi, and causing Jonghyun to jump from the bed. “Gah, Jonghyun you are here!” Kyunghoon quickly hid the flowers behind his back so his student wouldn’t see them, though Jonghyun did.

“I was just leaving,” Jonghyun reassured, quickly running passed the teacher.

“Why do I always see him here?” Kyunghoon asked once Jonghyun had left.

Kahi sighed. She took hold of her coffee cup. “It is my duty to take care of him.”

“Why?”

“That is only something between me, his mother, and the school chairman,” Kahi answered. “And what brings you here, Mr. Kyunghoon?” Kahi had crossed her legs. Kyunghoon couldn’t help, but stare at her beautiful slim legs that were slightly making their view from her white coat. She was simply so breathe taking.

Kyunghoon blushed deeply. He brought the flowers in sight. “I found these today…um…made me think of you.”

“Thank you for the kind thought,” Kahi said, taking the flowers from Kyunghoon. “I’ll make sure to take well care of them.”

-:::::-

Seongwoo buried his face between his knees. His shoulders were shaking, and he had to wipe away some tears from his eyes from laughing. Maybe mornings weren’t so bad.

“Hyung,” Daniel said, amused.

“She is way out of his league,” Seongwoo said between breaths. “Oh could you see how he was checking her out.”

“I think they would be cute,” Daniel mumbled. He moved away from the wall and sat next to Seongwoo on the floor.

Seongwoo briefly stopped laughing. He looked at Daniel, and began bursting into laughter again.

Daniel shook his head. “Sometimes I wonder how you sleep, hyung.”

Seongwoo stopped laughing. He dropped his arm around Daniel, pulled him close so the sides of their body were touching. Daniel’s face became a complete tomato at the closeness.

“You really want to know?” Seongwoo asked, whispering in Daniel’s ear.

“I-I was just-“

“I sleep with my boxers,” Seongwoo continued his voice moving to a low y tone. “Nothing else…no shirt, no pants-“

Daniel quickly pushed Seongwoo away and stood up. “There goes the bell,” Daniel lied and quickly ran.

“The bell didn’t even ring,” Seongwoo whispered.

-::::::-

Jonghyun had his back pressed to some wall somewhere far from the crowd. It gave him time to stay away from his bullies, from everyone, and Minhyun. It was only yesterday he had agreed to go on a date with Minhyun. It was a quick decision from yesterday’s incident. He couldn’t, didn’t want to deal with whatever else Minhyun had planned for him if he were to delay not dating him. Jonghyun picked on the string of his sweater. It had bothered him, a bit. What had led Minhyun to want to date him out of all the fish in the sea? He had seen countless of girls and boys squeal in delight merely at the sight of the handsome tall male. Majority of them came from well off families, and they were pretty too.

“He must think I am stupid,” Jonghyun whispered.

-::::::-

“Give me your number,” Minhyun had his smart Samsung galaxy out of his pocket. He waved the phone in front of Jonghyun expecting him to take the phone, and punch in his cell number. Jonghyun didn’t. He had been staring at the phone, with his pencil in between his fingers, and eraser near his mouth. It was lunch hour. Most of their classmates had gone to eat, but Jonghyun had stayed behind, and well, Minhyun had done the same. For Jonghyun it was simply to finish the notes from the last lecture, and for Minhyun to stay with him. Ren had offered to stay (more like he demanded to stay), however Jonghyun made him leave to get something to eat.

“Well,” Minhyun pushed the phone closer to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun brought his pencil down. He wasn’t sure what to tell Minhyun.

“If we’re going to date I need your phone number,” Minhyun explained.

Jonghyun shook his head.

“Yah,” Minhyun snapped.

“I-I don’t have a phone,” Jonghyun whispered.

Minhyun dropped his phone onto the desk. “You don’t have a phone?” He asked in disbelief.

Jonghyun nodded, slowly.

Minhyun chuckled. “You have money to buy cartoon books, but don’t have the money to buy a phone.”

Ouch. Jonghyun moved his hands between his legs, and his head was lowered in shame. Minhyun made it seem as if not having a phone was something to be ashamed of. In this day it sort of seemed that way. Now days, around 99 percent of the students carried a cell phone, including his best friend Ren.

“You wouldn’t…you wouldn’t understand,” Jonghyun mumbled.

“That you don’t know how to handle your money,” Minhyun questioned.

Tears stung Jonghyun’s eyes.

Minhyun sighed and placed his phone in his pocket. “Let’s go out after school.”

“W-why?” Jonghyun asked.

“Don’t ask,” Minhyun answered.

-::::::-

After School

Minhyun had brought Jonghyun to a phone shop not far from the school.

“I-I-“ Jonghyun didn’t know what to say at the thousands of phones set in display for him to see.

“Pick which ever phone you like,” Minhyun said.

Jonghyun wasn’t sure if he should say ‘no’ or just go with the flow. He probably could use a phone. There was only a tiny problem: money. Jonghyun didn’t say the problem out loud as he skimmed all the phones. Many of the phones to his disbelief were out of his price range, and some required contracts with a monthly fee he was certain he wouldn’t be able to afford. After going through most of the phones there was one. It was a flip phone. It didn’t have much, but it could do its job: right?

He pointed to the phone. The clerk pulled out a key, and placed the key into a lock that kept the phones protected.

“Wait,” Minhyun said. “Are you serious?” He asked, not liking the choice. It was a cheap phone and old fashion too.

“I would only need it for calls,” Jonghyun mumbled.

“No,” Minhyun scolded. He took hold of Jonghyun’s arm and led him to the most expensive ones, which were the new IPhones and Samsungs. Jonghyun would have had a heart attack from the prices out in exhibition. There was no way he could pay for one of those.

“Give him this one,” Minhyun told the clerk. He pointed to the new IPhone. “And put him under my name.”

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped. What just happened?

It was like a blur. The clerk had been setting the phone, giving it its’ own number and checking if it worked. Next Minhyun had given the clerk his golden card, and then the phone was in Jonghyun’s hands.

“Think of this,” Minhyun tapped the phone. “As a gift…”

“I can’t- I can’t-“

“Come,” Minhyun took Jonghyun’s other hand. He pulled Jonghyun out of the store before he could finish his sentence. Jonghyun’s held tightly onto the phone preventing it from falling. He didn’t want to be responsible for it breaking. Minhyun had taken Jonghyun to a store next to the mobile shop. This store had phone cases for all kinds of phone. Many of these phone cases carried unique features, and some were simply cute.

“You’ll need something to protect your phone,” Minhyun explained. “Pick whatever case, and don’t worry about the price.”

“Minhyun, I can’t accept this,” Jonghyun said, giving the phone back to Minhyun. Minhyun, however, refused to take the phone and pushed it back into Jonghyun’s hands.

“You don’t have to keep it forever, only until I decide if you are worth my time,” Minhyun said.

“Worth your time,” Jonghyun whispered, dropping his hand. Of course, there wasn’t anything special between them.

“Pick a case,” Minhyun took Jonghyun to the IPhone cases.

At first Jonghyun stared at the cases uninterested. His plan was to pick a random phone case, and hope for the day to end, but then there it was: It was blue, with a brown shell, and the shape of an Onibugi. He pulled it from its hook. It was the perfect size. It would most likely fit the phone. Oh! He really wanted it.

“It kind of looks like you...Onibugi.”

Jonghyun jumped, the case almost slipped from his hands. He almost forgot Minhyun was here. “What did you say?” Jonghyun asked, surprised. Did Minhyun just call him an Onibugi?

“Nothing…Miss,” Minhyun called one of the lady’s from the shop. “Give me this case and this protection screen.”

-to be continued

 

 

A/N: I um…wanted to add some comedy into the story just to ease some of the tension in it.  I’m going to try to update as much as I can, because school will be starting soon, and who knows when I will have the time to write again. All in all I hope you all are enjoying, and so until next time.