Chapter 7

300 Years

“I’m sorry.”

 

Her eyes. There’s sign of regrets and guilt. But why? She can’t see her face. But why does it feels like she had known her even from before? 

 

“Why are you here?” 

 

Then her chest felt it. The excruciating pain in the middle of her heart. Her breath shorten. Inhaling has never been this painful. Jessica falls on her knees as she brought her right palm on her chest and look down; there’s red patches on her palm. Jessica eyes travel back at the silhouette of the person in the shadow. 

 

“Why me?” Her voice trembles as her eyes grew heavy. tightens as the pain intensifies. 

 

“I didn’t have a choice.” Jessica finally saw the silhouette’s eyes turns purple. Her body won’t listen to her anymore as it fail to function and lay on the floor. Breathing seems hard too. 

 

“If only you knew Jessica.”

 

If only she knew then things wouldn’t have ended the way it is. She slowly exhale as darkness soon engulfs her whole. 

 

Is this the pain she felt 300 years ago?

 

“Sica!” Jessica eyes abruptly open as beads of sweats totally drench her pyjama and the only thing she remembers was the red eyes staring with guilt towards her. 

 

“Hey, Sica?” She looks up and saw Yuri looking more worried than she ever had seen; looking down at her while cradling her in his arms. His gaze soften as she’s starting to respond towards him. 

 

“Yul? What happened?” She can’t help but asked. Yuri try to remain calm but this is not possible. Something is wrong. 

 

“You disappeared from your room and ended up here. I searched everywhere.” He was worried sick when he saw her disappear from her bed. It’s inhumanly impossible. Unless someone else transported her here. 

 

“What?” Jessica eyes wonders around and true to what Yuri just said, she’s in the middle of nowhere. Her gaze landed upon Yuri once again. She can see her own confusion in his eyes. 

 

“I was with you the whole night before you suddenly disappear.” Yuri helped her up although he felt his explanation did nothing to really notify her of the situation they are in. Jessica suddenly felt sore on her chest just right in the middle. She groans while Yuri beginning to panic. 

 

“It hurts Yul.”

 

Hurt? He can see her fingers gripping onto her shirt where her heart is beating. He didn’t waste anymore time as he her top and gently tuck it away. He hissed as a large purple bruise imprinted on her chest. Jessica saw it too.

 

“That wasn’t there before. Yul..” Their gaze met.

 

“What’s going on?” Yuri gritted his teeth now knowing how to explain any of this weird incidents. It didn’t happen before 300 years ago. Jessica is only a human. She can’t be doing any of these things. If it was the work of an angel, he can already catch his magic trail but he’s not here. So who did it?

 

“I.. I don’t know.” Jessica cover herself once more although the pain subsided. Yuri seems as confused as her. Something is wrong and Jessica knows it. Yuri can’t help but blaming himself for not being able to stop this from happening. 

 

“We should get you back home. I can’t risk it right now.” It was his way if consoling himself of the unknown that he is facing right now. He ought to search for an answer. Maybe Taeyeon can help. Jessica didn’t dare to defy him after this confusing event. For now. He scopes her up bridal style before jumping towards the large tree and left the scene with speed. It only takes him 5 minutes to finally climbing up her bedroom window and placed her down on her bed. He touch where the bruise is appearing.

 

“Is it still hurting?” 

 

“No. Not anymore.” Yuri didn’t believe her so she tuck away her tops just to please him. Yuri gently run his fingers down her chest. 

 

“The purplish bruise fades. What the hell is going on?” He frowns as he was stuck trying to get an understanding of this weird situation. But to Jessica, his lingering touches are doing things to her and it is not good. Not for her mental state. She held his hand and kissed him hard surprising the worried guy. Yuri moans into the kiss when she rested her palms on his chest; pushing him on the bed as she climbed on top of him. While still taking his mouth on hers. The way her lips moulded against him is making him weak. Damn he’s a cold blooded beings. 

 

“..Sica..” The heat from her lips is warming up his cold side. It’s hard to restrain himself. He rest his hands on her waist as their kiss intensified. His head is telling him to stop but he’s been lusting over her for hundred of years. He’s unconsciously open his mouth when she grinding her bottom on his body. He can imagine how they look like from above; very needy and very seductive. But the warmth soon left his side as she climbed down the bed and distancing herself from him. Her innocent smile greeting his sight. 

 

“W-what?” He didn’t mean to stutter. He was obviously charmed and left hanging by the most beautiful person right now. 

 

“Your fingers on my chest is not helping Yul. That was payback.”

 

Yuri can’t help but slump down on the pillow and grinning like an idiot. 

 

“I was genuinely concern Sica. You on the other hand is actually .” Yuri gestured downwards. Jessica face flushed red. Yuri can even hear her heart beating faster. He smirks as he props on his elbow; eyes on the brunette.

 

“You’re blushing?” Jessica groans as she walk towards him and sat down next to him. His eyes didn’t left her at all. 

 

“Will you ever stop teasing me?” 

 

Yuri raised both brows feeling slightly amuse by her answer.

 

“If I do remember, you did the teasing. I was just worried.” Jessica sighing in displease. Yuri’s teasing smile disappear. He pushed his upper body up and held her hand before resting on his lap. 

 

“It feels like that we can never be together. I mean you could destroy me.” Yuri amuse grin is back as his girlfriend is fiddling with his hand. 

 

“You read way too many vampire books Sica.”

 

“You’re too strong.”

 

“Whom can actually have self control. I can control my body. What stopping me is you. I care about you. I don’t want you to make decision based on what should be done.” 

 

Yuri soft voice and the way he explain this fluttered her heart in a good way. It’s hard to find a guy who actually think the way her man does. But to think of it, Yuri is ancient. She laughs at her own thought. 

 

“You’re right. Why am I forcing myself anyway?”

 

Her smile brought happiness in him. He leans forward and kissed her forehead. Jessica let his lips linger for a moment before hugging his waist and resting her face against his cloth chest. 

 

“Yul?” Yuri wraps his arm around her and leans back in the headboard. He hummed his answer. 

 

“I’m scared. You have no idea how I ended up in the middle of nowhere. We don’t know what’s going to happen after this. I don’t want to lose you.”

 

He thought she was scared because of her life but to his surprise, she was scared for him. He kissed the top of her head.

 

“You won’t be losing me. If anything, they will not succeed this time around.”

 

Yuri tightened his hold on her as he’s far gone deep in his thought; running every possible circumstances. But he will be visiting Taeyeon. His brother might know something.

 

“No Yul. We won’t lose each other.” Her sleepy voice brought him back to his senses. He’s proud of her. He took this well since day one. He let his fingers gently run up and down on her back. Tomorrow he will find out what’s going on. Tonight, he just want to be with her. 

 

“Good night Sica.”

 

..... 

 

Irene calmly walking into the Kim’s sacred chambers where all the meet up outside of the realm were done in the past. She was supposed to be reporting to Tiffany 3 days ago but she purposely drag the meet up. How can her when it is obvious that she’s torn between love and clan. Irene bite the inside on her lips as she lightly push the door open and let herself in. Without doubt, Tiffany is already in with her back facing Irene. 

 

“I wonder when will you come.”

 

“I was running into a trouble. Pardon my mistakes.” She tried. God she tried to calm down. Tiffany turns around and smile at her as she sits down; trying to look humanly possible. Irene remains standing acknowledging Tiffany ranks in the immortal world.

 

“I haven’t seen any angel near Yuri.” She started the conversation while Tiffany drinks from her glass of wine. She swirls the liquid in before slowly consume it. She closes her eyes for a moment to try and savour the taste. Her gaze lands on Irene.

 

“I totally forgot how wine tasted to be honest. Just like how I forgot how first love felt like. It’s you know.” Tiffany gaze didn’t altered as Irene remaining calm despite the hint of truth in the other woman voice. 

 

“But I kind of find it interesting now rather annoyed.” 

 

“What are you implying Tiffany?” If Irene was nervous, she is obviously not showing it. Tiffany smiles is always intimidating. Between Taeyeon and her, Irene finds Tiffany more mysterious than her counter part. That and also the fact that Tiffany presence alone can control Taeyeon is frightening. 

 

“You haven’t been in love yet. I’m just giving out a random advice. A free service.”

 

“I will ask when I need one.” She didn’t mean to sound rude but she’s desperate to end this awkward conversation. Tiffany gaze is still unwavering as silence surrounding them. A smile forms on Tiffany’s face as she puts away her glass of wine. 

 

“Please continue on assisting Yuri. When the time comes  I’m sure that you’re going to do the right thing.” Irene has no idea what was Tiffany’s reason to be engaged in this kind of conversation. But she’s not going to probe. It is safe to leave it as it is. 

 

“Of course.”

 

.....

 

Jessica can’t seems to shake the last night dream off her head. It is starting to hit her nerves on a bad way. There are endless questions that wasn’t answered. Most importantly who is the girl? Jessica eyes started wandering as her eyes scanning every faces in her class. 

 

“No. It’s impossible. I know everyone in this class.” She sigh as her head is struggling to try and find a reason why she had that weird dream. Most importantly, how did she vanish from Yuri’s sight? 

 

“Hey.” Jessica turns to her right and found Seungwan already sitting next to her with that innocent smile on her face. 

 

“How are you?” Jessica ears perk up instantly.

 

“I’m fine. Why?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows as Seungwan gaze soften. He force a smile.

 

“Nothing.” They were both fall into a complete silence. Seungwan cleared his throat.

 

“Jessica..”

 

“What do you really want Seungwan?” Jessica cut in before he could said anything. He bite his bottom lips as her stare become increasingly burdening.

 

“You came here in the middle of the year. I’ve checked Seungwan and it seems you fly over two continents just to get into this school. We’re not even famous. It made me wonder why are you here?”

 

Seungwan felt her gaze becoming intense. He immediately stands up afraid the longer he stays, the more she would know. But she held his wrist bracing herself if he’s going to hurt her. He looks down with his purple eyes. She felt chills down her spine but she has to be strong. Better than she probably was 300 years ago.

 

“If you’re here because of a reason that we’re both familiar with, please stop. I’m not the only one is going to get hurt.” 

 

Seungwan’s purple eyes seems to shine for a moment before he untangles her hold on his wrist. 

 

“You don’t know that. You should stay away from Yuri.”

 

Seungwan walks away leaving her watching as he disappear around the corner. Jessica rest her palm against her chest where her heart beating fast. 

 

‘I don’t know what to do.’

.....

 

They say you can see the world from here. When humans built it, there were protest from heaven saying that if more tall building were built humans might reach heaven anytime soon. Luckily this is the 5th tallest tower in the world. She had live for more than 200 years and right now is probably her top list of perfect scenery. The blue moon is almost here and she has no plan on how to make things easier. It was suppose to be an easy task until Seungwan get involved. 

 

“I’m doom.” She muttered to herself as her oalm resting against her tummy. She can feel it growing inside. She had read everything that can be read and nothing about a cold blood bearing a child of a heaven. She has no idea how to deal with this. A lone tear rolling down her cheek sending danger signal to her senses. She has no emotion prior to this incident. Now, it feels like she’s human again. When Tiffany sips that wine, she can remember how it tasted. She doesn’t know if she’s getting worst or better. Nothing can explain her condition. She was thankful that Taeyeon didn’t come. He would have sense another presence around them. Irene wipe away that tear when she felt someone familiar standing behind her.

 

“Hyun.” Irene almost crumble on her knees when arms wrapping around her waist; bringing their body closer to each other. 

 

“You shouldn’t be here Wan.”

 

“Please. I miss you. So much.” It breaks her heart even more when he rest his face on the dip of her shoulder. As her senses becoming more human, Irene started to remember her human life once again. If only Seungwan knows who he was the day she turned into this cold blooded killer. 

 

“We shouldn’t be together. I saw your past.”

 

“But not our future. I have to obey the prophecy. Stay away from Yuri and Jessica. Then we can run away. Just the two of us.”

 

Seungwan tightened his hold on her. But as soon as he did, he felt it. He froze as Irene moves away and now facing him. 

 

“Hyun...is that..but how..”

 

“If you think I would give in just because of this..” Her hand instantly resting against the live inside of her. 

 

“...then you’re wrong.” 

 

Seungwan didn’t know how to react. He had never heard of this before. He look at his palms and then back up again at her. He take a step forward but Irene hissed dangerously stopping him in his path.

 

“It’s ours?” Irene didn’t have the heart to say no when it is obvious he is the only angel that she loves. 

 

“Yes.” A smile forms on Seungwan’s face as he orbs behind Irene and engulfing her into his arms as he snuggles against her. 

 

“I’m so happy!” He is indeed but Irene isn’t. She elbowed his ribs hard and untangle herself again away from him. 

 

“Do you even realize what’s going on? You’re apart of the prophecy and I am loyal to my family. Do you even think about this?” 

 

His smile vanish as her words sinks in. 

 

“But I’ll die if the prophecy ends.” 

 

The reality hits him hard. With or without the prophecy, it was either him or her life on the table. Irene can feel her heart becoming heavier each words that he uttered. She can’t be the strong Irene anymore. The one that defeated thousands of berserk cold bloods in her glory. She drops on her knees and palms as fresh tears dropping on the floor beneath her. 

 

“I can remember my human past...I was engaged to a guy that fall in love while in war...” More tears coming out as Seungwan rooted on the floor. 

 

“...It was you. So tell me, how can I lose you again?”

 

Seungwan gritted his teeth in anger as he finally realize everything. Heavens play him so hard. They knew about his past and hers. They knew the two of them would meet again. They know Irene will be there on the next prophecy. They let their relationship grew just for this day to come. Now he understand why a fallen angel was pick. 

 

“Tell me Seungwan... who should live?”

 

He’s devastated. He was betrayed by the people he serve. Seungwan walk towards her trying so hard not to crumble down. He kneel down in front of her as he takes her in his arms; running his fingers in her hair. Irene burst out crying even more. The fear of losing him is evident even to the man himself. 

 

“I love you. Always.”

 

TBC

 

Happy New Year everyone!