Chapter 1

300 Years

Yuri crouch lower as his gaze landed over a figure sitting beneath the tall tree. Even from far, he can see him taking a sniff of the white powder; eyes un-focus and in daze. He probably had more than he should have and it’s turning him into a complete mess; a sight Yuri grimace over. But, he needed him to keep his strength and body fresh. Yuri waited until the guy leans back on the tree as he’s already in his own mind.

 

“I hate this.” He murmurs as he comes out of the darkness and making his way towards the overly drugged person. He stop in front of him. The drug addict somehow notice that there is someone near him. He open his eyes and smile like an idiot; his eyes are red probably overdose with .

 

“Dude..” The stranger slurs as his shaky hand pointing at Yuri. He then pointing at the white powder on a wooden plank.

 

“Y-You want some? Take it.” He grins.

 

“The best.” He continued as he’s totally enjoying his time being on high and everything. Yuri take off his jacket and throw it behind him. The jacket flew and nicely hang on the branch on the tree behind him. The drug addict eyes widen.

 

“Dude, that was awesome.” He slurry praise didn’t bother Yuri at all. Plus, they are in a deep part of the forest so whatever this dude had seen. He won’t get the chance to tell at all.

 

“Want to know what else is awesome, dude?” Yuri sarcastically said. The drug addict heavy lids are not helping him right now but he without much thought shaking his head. Yuri smirks.

 

“When I can sense that blood running around your vein.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Yuri move so fast and in a blink of an eye, he’s already digging his fangs into the drug addict neck; puncturing through his main artery and out his blood. The guy struggles but Yuri is so strong that his attempt is doing nothing but encouraging him even more. His eyes almost popping out of his eyes socket as he can feel the rush of his blood being drained out. Everything was happening too fast and when the final blood leaving his body, he’s already left the world. Yuri groan as he can feel the fresh blood boasting his power. He close his eyes feeling fresh and overwhelm. He hadn’t had any fresh blood for 2 weeks and this just made it better. Yuri push the lifeless body away as he stands up and wipe the blood from his lips. Human’s blood is a good power resource. There are vampires that try to live in the human world dieting from human’s blood instead taking animals as replacement but not him. He needs all the help he can while waiting for the day to come. No other humans are important than Jessica. None. His ears perk to the sound of his smartphone ringing a few feet away from him. Yuri look down at his victim before leaping backwards towards his jacket as he take out his smartphone and jump back to the dead guy.

 

“Hey Sica. What’s up?” Yuri answered as he take out a garbage plastic from his jeans pocket and without much effort lifting the dead body and throw it in the garbage bag.

 

“Yul, you promise me that you’re going to help me out today.”

 

“I know. I’m on my way.” Yuri tied the end of the bag and leap off the ground with so much force upwards to the top part of the big tree. He hangs the bag on one of the big branch. No one is going to find the body and it’ll be decompose naturally. After a few months, no trace at all.

 

“You’ve said that 5 minutes ago. DongWok is coming in 30 minutes.”

 

Yuri’s blood boil at the mention of DongWok’s name. DongWok had the nerve to ask Jessica out for a dinner totally ignoring his presence. But he played it cool and pretends that he’s not interested. If it was only the two of them, he will kick his groin so hard that he wouldn’t even try by the mention of Jessica’s name. When he came to them the other day so that he can asked Jessica out, Yuri saw what’s going on in his mind. The nerve of this head by dreaming of his Jessica.

 

“He’s a . Why did you agree going out with him?” Yuri heard Jessica hissing and probably pouting on the other line.

 

“Yul.. Come on. He’s a nice guy. You know I like him. Please hurry up and help me picking what I should wear tonight?”

 

Yuri huffs as Jessica did not just use his puppy cute voice to make him agree.

 

“Yeah yeah. I’m already in front of your house.”

 

“Really? Come up okay! Oh and say hi to mom. She missed you!”

 

The call ended. Yuri sigh. Another dreadful and torture night. How on earth that Jessica had this thought that gays are okay having another girl changing in front of them? He’s going to have a hard on and he have no one to help him out.

 

“ you DongWok.”

 

Yuri jump forward as far as he can before running away with so much speed that if you’re human, you can’t even see his trace.

 

…..

 

“Hi Hyori.” Yuri greeted Jessica’s mother as he promised her earlier. Hyori take a peek from the kitchen and a smile appear on her face as soon as she saw Yuri. Yuri walk into the kitchen.

 

“I knew my baby girl didn’t lie when she said you’re coming. Wait. Try these.” Hyori scoop a spoonful of her just finish apple pie. Yuri happily eat it.

 

“God, Hyori this is great.”

 

“I know right? I’m getting good at making awesome foods.” Hyori happily bragging her cooking talents. Yuri just happily nodding before eating another spoonful. This is how the normal days at her house. She treated Yuri like a son especially after knowing the tan guy growing up alone; his parents died in a car crush. Plus Yuri is a sweet boy towards her and her daughter. He helps them when they needed help and she’s thankful of having him around. She ruffles the tan guy’s hair.

 

“You need a haircut Yul.”

 

“You do it for free?” Yuri tease the older woman. Hyori pinch his cheek.

 

“You’re wealthy enough to get a haircut Kwon Yuri. Now, go. Jess is so pissed off knowing that you hadn’t come yet.”

 

Yuri pouts as Hyori giggles. This child like to tease everyone. She always pray and hope that Yuri would ended up with her daughter but Jessica insisted that Yuri is actually a gay. But Hyori had seen the way Yuri is looking at Jessica from time to times and she can promise she’s seen love in that eyes. The way Yuri eyes sparkle when Jessica is around. But she’s not going to meddle in. Maybe Yuri had his reasons for not confessing.

 

“Stop pouting and get your up there before Jess coming down and kick your now.”

 

“Aye Aye!” Yuri happily responding as he kiss Hyori on the cheek and left the kitchen. Hyori smile as Yuri turn around the corner. She sigh just thinking that Jessica didn’t even notice the tan guy’s feelings for her.

 

“I have a dense daughter.”

 

…..

 

“Sica?” Yuri peek from behind the door.

 

“Come in!” Jessica screams from behind the bathroom door. Yuri leisurely walk in with his hands behind his head. He sit down on the edge of her bed and looks around. There are a lot of clothes scattering.

 

“She’s serious.” Yuri whispers. Oh, he almost forgot. Yuri looks down on his .

 

“Behave today too okay? Do not get hard when she comes out of the toilet. I know you miss her. I missed her too. It’s been 300 years remember? But,” Yuri points at with his eyebrows raise.

 

“Please behave. Do not get hard and stay calm. Deal bro?”

 

Yuri taps and at the same time nodding his head.

 

“Good.” Yuri looks up and that moment, Jessica comes out of the toilet with a towel wrapping around her beautiful body. But of course, she had her underwear on. Bra too. Yuri hold back his breath as Jessica just nonchalantly let her towel down and stand in front of him. Yuri happily ogling over her body but remain calm.

 

“What?”

 

“Did I gain weight?”

 

“No…” Yuri prolong his word as Jessica shrug it off and pick two dresses and put it in front of her body.

 

“Black or red?”

 

“Uh, does it matter?”

 

“Yul, DongWok is coming in less than 20 minutes. Pick one.”

 

“I prefer red.”

 

“Red it is.” Jessica slips into the red dress with her bum facing his face. Yuri fanning his face and gulps hard as she bends. Yuri look down on his and shaking his head warning not to react on that. Jessica finally done and she turns around.

 

“How do I look?” Yuri eyes widen and his jaw drop literally on the floor. DongWok. He’s going to screw the date. He’s determine because no one should see her in that dress and thinking dirty about her. No one other than him.

 

“Great.”

 

“Finally!” Jessica clasps her hands and dragging Yuri out of her room. Yuri roll his eyes as Jessica push him out of the room and close the door behind.

 

“Woman.”

 

…..

 

DongWok eyes travel to the visible valley between her cloth s. He’s enjoying his sight right now and Jessica seems not noticing it. The night had just begin. Maybe with the right words, they might ended up together on bed. He likes the idea. Jessica is hot and all the guys in school have been dreaming of getting her as their girlfriend if it wasn’t because of Yuri. He was lucky that Yuri said nothing when he asked her out the other day.

 

“I was surprise when I saw Yuri in your house.”

 

“Ah, he’s close to my family.”

 

He hums not happy to know that. But unknown to him and Jessica, Yuri is actually standing on a rooftop a few meters away from them listening to everything they’re discussing. He just crush one of the roof tiles with his bare hand when DongWok had this dirty thoughts in his mind again. He toss the rush tiles.

 

“Enough with this crap.” Yuri eyes glower in dark black as he invading DongWok minds and gain control of it.

 

“Touch her .” He whispered under his breath. In the restaurant, DongWok didn’t know how but his hand moving on its own and inappropriately touching Jessica’s . The girl gasp and stand staright before slapping him hard on his face. It was so painful and embarrassing for DongWok as everyone eyes are on him now.

 

“Jess, I-I…It’s not me!”

 

Jessica didn’t expecting that answer. Why can’t he own what he did? Then who did it? it was his hands! Jessica grab her glass and pour her drinks on top of his head. DongWok shut his eyes tight as the water drenching him hard. She then put down the glass hard earning everyone’ attention again.

 

“I’m leaving.” She grab her coat and stomping her way out of the restaurant. She’s grumpy but also a little sad. She thought DongWok was nice but maybe Yuri is right. He’s a head. She didn’t know where to go and it’s going to cost her if she’s taking a cab at night; the fees are actually hike up. Now she has no choice but to walk home.

 

“Stupid DongWok.”

 

“Want to ride?” A familiar car stop next to her and the devastating event earlier doesn’t seems to be that bad. She smile at the driver.

 

“Did you stalking on me Yul?”

 

“Hey, we gays help each other.” Yuri teasingly said earning a hearty laugh from Jessica. Yuri get out of his car and take her coat from her. He gesturing her to wear it as helps her to it.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“I haven’t had dinner yet.” Yuri said as he helps her get into the car. He leans forward; hands resting on the car window.

 

“You want me to accompany you?”

 

“Well, you’re already dress up. I’m pretty decent myself.” Jessica smile knowing what Yuri is trying to do. He always know what to say and do when she’s down. She nod once and Yuri flash his warm smile. He gently pat her head. Yuri walk around and get into the driver seat.

 

“I’m craving for western. Mac and cheese?”

 

“Yul?”

 

“Yeah?” Yuri drive his car into the roadway again. She hold his arm and leans her head on it.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Yuri smile once again and let his head leaning on hers. No answer is needed. Only gesture and she already know she can always depends on him. No matter what and no matter where.