Chapter 4

300 Years

As the sunrays gently shining through the gap of the window and gently emitting the warm heat onto Jessica’s face, the blonde seems to be awaken by it. She scrunched up her nose and ceased her forehead as her eyes slowly fluttering open. The sunrise did blinding her for a moment but because of it too, she had the privilege to see the face of her newly found lover; he’s cute when he’s sleeping so soundly. It’s obvious how attractive he is when she blush at the reminder of their position; his arms secured around her waist and his face is so near to hers that she can feel his breath on her face. She smile at the thought of spending time with him last night. They talked about everything that she needed to know about him and his world. It is quite different to what she had read but then this world is so full of surprises and she’s not going to question it. 

 

“I guess now I’m dating a gay.” Jessica chuckled to herself as she taps Yuri’s nose emitting a small groan from the tan boy. Yuri probably was tired from last night encounter with Taeyeon that he fell asleep; an act he doesn’t do often according to him last night. Without making so much noises, Jessica lifted up Yuri’s arm around her waist and silently sliding out of his hold. Yuri slightly moved and laid on his back as his arms stretching to both sides. She can’t help but giggled as she finds his position to be funny. Jessica leaned down and placed a small peck on his lips before pulling away and tip toed herself to the bathroom. Her lips tugging into another smile when she saw a toothbrush labelled with her name on it. She remembered that toothbrush. It brought back memory of the day he bought it.

 

Flashback


Jessica hummed as she read the list of groceries that her mom gave it to her. This month is her duty to buy groceries. 

 

“Tomatoes checked. Hurmm, what else?” Jessica spoke to herself as she re-read the list once again. She had to be sure that she bought everything or she has to come back here to buy it which she has no intention of doing so. 

 

“Do you like this?” Jessica glanced towards Yuri and saw the tan guy holding onto a rabbit shape kind of toothbrush in his hand. He’s grinning like a kid.

 

“That looks childish Yul.” 

 

“What? I find it cute. I’m buying it for you.” Jessica raised an eyebrow over his statement. Yuri gave her a look of an innocent boy.

 

“I don’t want it.”

 

“Nope. I’m buying it for you so that when you come to my house, you’ll be using this instead.” Yuri insisted as he placed the toothbrush and is smirking at her. She sighed and dramatically rubbed her forehead. 

 

“You’re such a kid Yul.”

 

“I am. I’m not going to say not.”

 

Jessica slapped his back hard before walking away. Yuri groaned but still keeping his steps behind her as he pushed the trolley. 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jessica watched her reflection on the mirror. Her mom might flipped if she knew that her daughter just spent the night with a guy in his home. Thankfully they didn’t go further than kissing. Her cheek blushed imagining him on top of her. 

 

“Oh god. Stop it Jessica.” Jessica shook her head as she is reminding herself. It is embarrassing to be honest. She had never imagine Yuri the way she do now and it is freaking her out. This is happening way to fast. And to make thing worst is that it didn’t take him 100 rejections from her. She just ended up on his lap kissing him hard – wanting him so much. She even want him to take her. It was Yuri who wanted to take things slow. Jessica turned the water tap and splashed her face a couple of times as she let her palms resting on the edge of the sink. She is breathing hard. 

 

“You’re doom Jessica Jung. You are so dead.”

 

....

 

“Morning Jessica.” Tiffany greeted the blonde girl as soon as she felt her presence in the kitchen. Jessica almost startled knowing that Tiffany is still here. She thought the two had left. Feeling a bit hesitant, Jessica almost stumbled down the staircase. 

 

“H-Hi.”

 

Tiffany flashed her a perfect eyesmile as she set up the table top with dishes that Jessica recognized as edible to human; not for vampires. 

 

“Yuri eat humans food occasionally. So Taeyeon made it compulsory for our cooks to prepare it everytime he comes home. Both of us also eat humans food out of respect to our human guests from time to time although it tasted bland to be honest. So I kind of learnt how to prepare it in my free time which I have the luxury of.” Tiffany explained as she sensed Jessica curiosity flashed on her face. Tiffany finally done setting up the final dish as she looked up.

 

“Please. Take a seat. Coffee or juice?” Tiffany friendly gestured didn’t made it awkward for Jessica to accept her invitation. She took a seat.

 

“Coffee would be nice.” She almost whispering her choices but Tiffany has a sharp hearing so it wasn’t a problem. Jessica put some food in her plate as she pick the rice cake with her chopstick. This is her first time tasting foods prepared by a vampire. She was a little sceptical. Tiffany eyed her with interest. Jessica slowly chewing the food and as soon as her taste buds came in contact with the food, her eyes widen. She looked up at Tiffany.

 

“This tasted so good.” Tiffany chuckled as she sat down on the stool opposite of Jessica. The dreamy look on Jessica face gave a huge satisfaction for her.

 

“I told you. I have the luxury of time to learn it.”Jessica watch as Tiffany drink an orange juice. 

 

“I’m always curious of how humans food tasted. This...” Tiffany hold her glass up.

 

“..tasted like mud to me.”

 

That made Jessica laughing a little. Tiffany grinned at her own jokes. 

 

“You don’t remember how food tasted?” Jessica asked as she ate more food.

 

“One thing about being a human that I missed; I won’t remember how being a human feels like. I have the memory of my past life but not the emotions. I remembered what food I ate the morning before my accident but I can’t recall how it tasted. I remembered saying goodbye to my dad but it feels numb without emotions. Its...different having a memory but not the emotions.”

 

There’s a subtle hint of regret in her tone that didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica. She always complained how her life was so un fair but what Tiffany felt sounded even far worst. You remembered your human memory but not the emotions that came with it. That sounded .

 

“I...Yuri told me you were bitten too. Really?”

 

Tiffany forlorn expression changed into a happy expression.

 

“I was.”

 

“By who? It sounded stupid asking you this since the only vampire I know right now are you, Taeyeon and Yuri.”

 

“Yuri’s father. I was run over by a car. It wasn’t a pretty accident. No one saw the accident and the guy that ran me over fled the scene. I remembered I was on verge to die when Taewoo came and bite me.”

 

“Does it hurt?” Jessica curiosity is taking over her interest right now. 

 

“Being bitten? It wasn’t as hurtful I thought it might be but the transformation was painful. My whole body ache. It feels like my veins were stretched. The pain intensified each seconds pass.” Tiffany stopped talking as she saw the pale look on Jessica’s face. She smile.

 

“Sometimes things happened for a reason Jessica. My life as a human seems to be a distant memory by now.” Jessica looked down on her coffee as her mind decipher all this new information. Unlike Yuri, Tiffany was forced to be one. 

 

“Is it the same with Taeyeon?” Yuri is a half blood; born with a human mother while Taeyeon is a pure blood. How did he exist?

 

“Taeyeon? He’s a pure blood because he existed before humans existence.  He’s a part of the Felix covenant. There were 5 of them; Alexia, Taewoo, Taeyeon, Isaac and Trinity. Each took a different path; east, west, north and south.” Tiffany put away her glass as she rest her eyes on Jessica. 

 

“Taeyeon was the youngest and Taewoo always treated him like a son. So when Taewoo left, Taeyeon followed along. But unlike the rest of the Felix’s, Taewoo believe in peace and harmony. He believe that heaven and earth can live together.”

 

Jessica raised both her eyebrows as she felt like there’s more to the story. She was about to ask when a male voice interrupting her thoughts. 

 

“A war broke between the Felix’s. Trinity, Alexia and Isaac combine strength against Taewoo and I but we had the heaven’s support. The immortals came down and we won the war. Instead of admitting defeat, they killed themselves.” Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s forehead before eyes settled on the variety of foods in front of him. 

 

“At least you have memories eating all this food.” Tiffany small laughter ease the tension that raised inside of Jessica at the mere presence of Taeyeon. She felt her body shivered from looking into Taeyeon’s eyes. It feels different from Taeyeon that she met last night. Taeyeon sense Jessica’s discomfort and flash her a smile.

 

“While Yuri is a shape shifter and a mind controller, I can control people emotions. I used my power on you last night so that you won’t be intimidated by me.” 

 

“Oh.” Of all the words she can picked, she said oh. Jessica almost face palming herself. An idiotic reaction. Taeyeon wrapped his arm around Tiffany’s shoulder bringing his wife closer. Tiffany understood his gesture. Her eyes darted towards Jessica. 

 

“I enjoyed our conversation Jessica but we have to go back.”

 

“Should I wake Yuri up?” Jessica already standing when Tiffany placed her hand on top of the blonde’s. 

 

“Let him sleep. Tell him we said hi and that we’re sorry for last night. He’ll understand.” 

 

Taaeyeon didn’t said anything but from his look, Jessica can tell that he was sorry too. She put a sincere smile towards the couple. 

 

“Please do come visiting again.” 

 

“Of course we will.” Jessica followed the duo to the front door before they sped away leaving no trace of them. She almost gasped loudly but when a pair of arms draped across her mid riff and chin on her shoulder, the surprise look on her face disappear before being replaced by a shy smile. Yuri kissed her on the cheek.

 

“I like how you smell every morning.”  Yuri let his lips linger down towards her nape loving the way her skin against his lips. Jessica placed her palm on his arms before sinking into the warmth of his chest. 

 

“I thought you were still sleeping.”

 

“I’m not. I just don’t want to see Taeyeon.” He murmured against her skin. Jessica entangled herself from him abd fully turn around facing her newly found lover. She wrapped her hands around his neck bringing them closer again. 

 

“If it wasn’t for Taeyeon, something bad would have happen to me last night.” They both staring into each other eyes as she reminding him of what transpired last night. Yuri sighed. 

 

“What do you want me to do Sica? Be thankful?”

 

“Be grateful Yul. He is after all the reason that I’m here with you.” Yuri felt like he was being slapped with the truth and he hates it. She senses his discomfort but no matter what, he should be grateful that he found her. Imagine if it wasn’t Taeyeon. 

 

“I will when he stop being a and start acting like a brother to me.” Yuri is stern over his words and knowing him for so long, Jessica didn’t want to probe further. This issue can wait. She has more urgent matter to attend to. 

 

“You haven’t give me my morning kiss yet Kwon Yuri.” She playfully trace her finger down his chest before pressing her palms fully against it. Yuri raised an eyebrow as she leans forward but lips never touching. 

 

“Morning kiss?” Jessica playful nod but soon yelped in surprised as Yuri without much hassle lifted her up bridal style. She quickly wrapping her arms around his neck praying he won’t drop her. Yuri cheeky grin is back as he stole a few kisses from the still shock Jessica. Jessica playfully shoved his face away but since she now knows about him, Yuri don’t have to pretend to be human anymore as her strength was no match to his. Jessica whimpered like a kid as her force didn’t even slightly moving his face away from her. 

 

“This is unfair to me you know. You can’t used your super strength against me Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Deal with it.” Yuri as he brought her upstairs again and let her back resting against his fluffy mattress. Jessica yelped as she felt her back hitting the bed. It is not painful but slightly shocking her. It took Yuri only 3 seconds to be on bed from downstairs hall. He hovered on top of her as they settled nicely on bed. They were staring at each other as shy smile forming on Jessica’s face. Yuri tucked a strand of hair behind. 

 

“What would we tell my mom Yul? She’s going to ask.”

 

Yuri steal a kiss from her. 

 

“That we’re together?” Jessica let her fingers playing with the hair near his nape. His dark hair seems to be even softer in her hands. 

 

“She’s going to be happy knowing that you’re not gay. I swear she has been hinting it since middle school.”

 

“Well if I’m a girl, I would still be in love with you.”

 

There’s this foreign feeling in her heart when he uttered that words while looking at her with that brown eyes of him. It feels like she won a lottery. 

 

“I have a feeling that I would too.”

 

To the moon and back. 

 

.....

 

“If whatever I read was right, you should be glowing by now.”

 

Joohyun turned slightly around as the sight of a short boy with his blonde hair and that wide smiling approaching her. His eyes seems to be smiling too. JooHyun just giggled as she bask herself again under the morning sun. The waterfall in front of them perfected the view. She loves the morning heat. It’s good for her health after all the stress from her job. The blond guy sat down next to her as he propped his hands behind and leans back with their legs dangling from the cliff. He let his eyes settled on the beautiful girl next to him.

 

“Stop staring SeungWan.”

 

“I can’t help it. I missed you terribly.”

 

Joohyun fluttered her eyes open as she turn sideways to look at the boy.

 

“It was just only for 2 days. We’ve been away from each other for more than that.”

 

“To you is. To me isn’t. 2 days in heaven is 2 months on earth Hyun. You know I hate it when we both have to go back.”

 

JooHyun can’t help but cupping the pouting boy. SeungWan is cute even when he didn’t mean it. At least to her. 

 

“I never say that I like it. It just that we happen to exist for that reason.”

 

SeungWan is not happy but the truth over JooHyun’s words are something he never argued upon. She was right every single damn thing. He’s a fallen angel. An immortal with responsibility to shoulder; without his kind, death can never completed his job. He’s here to clean the mess after a human death. Keeping the realm balance between good and evil. While JooHyun is a vampire. The unforgiveable breed of creature that forever remains in hell after doom’s day. But she was not a normal one. She’s the House Kim’s personal protector. They trusted their life on her ability to protect them from any harm; not that they can’t fight themselves but JooHyun is their last defence before showcasing their true talent. If you can’t beat JooHyun then you’re not a worth enemy. SeungWan understand that. 

 

“You know sometimes I wish I was normal. A human. I saw cupid last night shooting arrows and stuffs. He loved his job. While here I am, cleaning up Deaths deed while hoping I can run into you while on duty.”

 

JooHyun smile faltered upon her lover confession. She knew all about it. Been there, done that. Serving under the Kim’s are a privilege that no other common vampire has; she had proven herself countless of time and Taeyeon believe she is the one. She believed herself. But everything crumble when she met him. He change the way she see herself. He loved her like no one ever did. But this relationship can never be out in the open. They don’t belong in the same realm; he’s an immortal while she might as well be the devil. He senses that she was triggered by his complains. He quickly shook his thought away and force a smile on his face. He placed his hands on top of hers as he leans forward and resting his forehead against hers. JooHyun closed her eyes as she let his warmth calming her down. 

 

“Remember when we bumped into each other while I sent a soul away?”

 

“You were panicking and rumbling things trying to sound as humanly as possible. I can’t believe you try to trick me by saying you’re practicing your school magic show.”

 

Seungwan chuckled as his eyes watching in glee and solemn over JooHyun beauty. He can see through her vampire facade. There were battle scars; she told him that she was a doctor when the world war erupted. She gave up her life to save a girl and remembered how her body was broken into pieces when the hand grenade set off next to her. It became her flaws but SeungWan never treated it as one. He was proud of every scars on her. He loves every inch about Bae JooHyun. 

 

“Hyun, I love you. All of you.” 

 

JooHyun eyes fluttered open as his gentle smile greeted her. 

 

“You said that too on our first fail date. My SeungWan is getting cheesy by the day.”

 

“Maybe.” He pulled her into a kiss as they let their emotions do the talking. She let her body fall on the floor where the grass makes it more comfortable to be. He hovered on top of her careful not to put his weight against her. They deepen their kiss when she let her arms wrapped around his neck pulling him closer. Words might have to wait because their feelings are taking over for once; well most of the time. 

 

‘Fallen angel, we need you in heaven now.’

 

‘Irene, I wish to see you.’

 

Both stopped as their eyes staring into each other. How perfectly in time can they be? SeungWan sighed as he knew that look from her and hers from his. But JooHyun didn’t pulled her arms away. 

 

“Let them wait.”

 

“Hyun, I can’t. Heaven’s never summoned me in like this before. It might be important.” 

 

“Which I’m not? Tell me Wan.”

 

“Your master is calling too right? I know that look in your eyes.”

 

“Yet, I’m willing to risk it for you.” When SeungWan didn’t answer back, she exhale as she gently pushed him away and without much effort stood up. SeungWan scramble on his feet and try to hold her hand but she moved away. There’s pain in her eyes and he was the reason for it. 

 

“Tell me when you’re back. Like always.”

 

JooHyun let her body falls back down the cliff as SeungWan didn’t move from where he stood. JooHyun disappear from his sight. He clenched his fist. 

 

“You’re my life Hyun. I rather go to hell with you from staying in heaven.”

 

SeungWan closed his eyes as his body completely disappear; to heaven. 

 

.....

 

Tiffany never miss a thing about Taeyeon. His voice deepen when he’s angry. He’s full of smile when he is with her. In distress, he would just sat in his office all day long thinking. She finds her obsessive over her husband every reaction. Now, he’s nothing but calm. He has a plan and she’s going to know by now when he summoned Irene back. Tiffany crossed her legs as she let her eyes resting over Taeyeon’s.

 

“You never call Irene unless there’s something important.”

 

“I do have something. You’ll know when she arrive.”

 

Taeyeon reassured her with his familiar smile. As a pure blood, Taeyeon has no flaws over his appearance. He looks perfect. While she wasn’t, he assured her that her imperfections that make his heart fluttered all the time. Her imperfections that he fall in love with. Tiffany eyes darted towards the door when a figure finally arrived; one that she familiar with. The door swings open and comes in JooHyun. She slightly bow towards the two Kims. 

 

“Sit down Irene.”

 

Irene is the vampire she is now and JooHyun was the human she was. Only SeungWan knows that. She sat down next to Tiffany as the woman gave her a warm welcome; typical of Tiffany and she always love her for that.

 

“Is there something you need from me Taeyeon?”

 

“I do.” Taeyeon leans back on his chair as he eyes set on JooHyun. She can sense him letting out his power trying to set the mood around her. 

 

“Taeyeon, you know your power doesn’t work with Irene right?” Tiffany half talking half teasing her beloved husband as Taeyeon sighed and pull away. JooHyun just smile. 

 

“I don’t appreciate it when you try to beat around with words Taeyeon. I thought I gain your trust way before?”

 

“I’m sorry Irene. I was thoughtless. I find it amusing that I haven’t succeeded on changing your mood.”

 

“Your amusement is not a surprise anymore.” Straight to the point and it made Tiffany giggling and Taeyeon the almighty flustered slightly. He cleared his throat. 

 

“Irene, you have work well under me for years and I am grateful of your service. But today, I need your help with something else. I need you around humans.”

 

That itself gained JooHyun interest. 

 

“Are you relieving me from protecting this covenant?”

 

“Yes and no. Yes putting you there means you’ll be on duty protecting will be unnecessary. No is because you’ll be protecting one person. My brother, Yuri.”

 

Irene obviously didn’t showed her reaction as her face remains calm. Taeyeon saw the slight nodding from Tiffany urging him to say whats on his mind.

 

“I can’t be apart of the prophecy but I can’t see Yuri getting hurt once again. I failed as a brother the last time. I can’t fail again. You’re the only one I trust that can get the job done. Assist Yuri as the final week arrive. Will you do it Irene?”

 

What was the option given to her? Nothing. She had served him hundred of years. This was the first time he asked for her help. Genuinely asking for her help. Irene let out a breather. This is not going to be easy. 

 

“You know we have no idea who is the immortal send down this time to fulfil the prophecy. I can’t fight an unknown.”

 

Tiffany rested her right palm on JooHyun’s shoulder getting the girl attention. 

 

“We will know when the week comes. He will show himself. This is too much to ask for but you’re our only hope Irene.” JooHyun eyes darted from Tiffany to Taeyeon before back to Tiffany again. They look hopeful and she feels awful enough. Maybe she can ask SeungWan’s help later. He won’t let her down. 

 

“I’ll do it.”

 

.....

 

SeungWan's eyes staring straight at the two young couples as they made their way out of the house. They reminded him if JooHyun and himself; very in love. How fate seems to be playing against them. He wished there was another way for them. 

 

"300 years. The countdown begins."

 

.....

I think I'm back? Lol. I don't know for sure. This is my first time writing about Red Velvet to be honest and hopefully I didn't disappoint. Enjoy and see you?