Chapter 3

300 Years

It has been 3 days since Yuri came to school. His absent from school is getting other students attention. Everyone is talking about it and some are brave enough to ask Jessica is she knew where he is. Teachers are curious too and she had been bombarded with the where questions more than once in an hour. To make thing worst, he had not been picking up her calls. His phone rings but he’s not picking up. It feels like he’s trying to avoid her. Jessica bite the inside of her cheek out of frustration.

 

“Dream boy is missing for days. Are you sure he didn’t tell you anything?”

 

Hyomin ponders as her gaze casted upon the empty seat next to their table.

 

“I told you. He didn’t tell me anything.”

 

“Not even a text? 3 days are a long time Jess. Is he sick?”

 

It did occurs to Jessica that Yuri might be sick. But he never did before and plus everytime he skipped school in the past, he would always tell her. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She could go to his house but Yuri never really like the idea of her coming by. He said it is dangerous considering he’s living in surrounded by ta subtle thickness of forest.

 

“I think we should go and visit him later.” Hyomin gave a suggestion. Jessica turn her head towards her friend and frowns.

 

“It’s dangerous Hyo. I’ll call him later when I get home.”

 

“Dangerous? Come on. I’ve never been to his house. Don’t keep him to yourself Jess.” Hyomin wiggling her eyebrows teasing the latter. But is true though. Other than Jessica, nobody else from school has been to his house. Jessica just humming her answer as she shoves all her books in her backpack. Hyomin sense her discomfort. It feels like she’s jealous everytime girls talking about Yuri. As her friend, Hyomin can vouch that Jessica is too dense to realise her feelings for him. She pretends to be okay with it rather than trying to confront the issues.

 

“I have to go home. See you tomorrow.” Jessica emotionlessly said. She didn’t wait for Hyomin as her legs walking away leaving her friend with a teasing smile plastered across her face.

 

“The ice queen is finally melting huh?”

 

…..

 

Yuri hiss the moment his body hit the ground. It was a hard fall from the top of the mountain. He might possess the strength of an army but due to his half blood conditions, he’s not immune to pain. He can still the pain. It just compare to humans, his pain will not kill him. Yet.

 

“Damn it!” He push himself up and saw his right arm slightly twisting. He might have dislocated a bone. Yuri sigh as he gives a hard push and twist his hand; pushing back his joint into its original place. He looks up the mountain as he bite the inside of his cheek. Maybe Taeyeon was right. He’s getting weak. He had control his blood thirst after he left the palace. He is still consume human bloods from time to time but only strictly when he needed it. Living around Sooyeon somehow changing him. But it is also weakening him. It’s not ideal but he felt disgusted by himself. If only he’s a human. Things might change.

 

“Penny for your thought?”

 

Yuri breath hitch as the familiar voice dangling in the air surprising him. He frowns as he turns around.

 

“What are you doing here?” He hiss as his eyes wandering around the surrounding trying to catch any sudden movements. The intruder chuckles as she made her way towards him.

 

“I can’t visit my brother in law? You look tired than the last time we met.”

 

“I’m fine Fany. Things just getting a little bit out of control.”

 

Tiffany smile as she walk pass Yuri and pat him on the back as she sit down on the edge of the hill. Her legs are dangling from the top cliff.

 

“I’ve known you for 400 years Yul. You can’t lie to me. A glance and I already know you’re in trouble.”

 

Her words hit him hard on his guts. To have someone completely non blood related that understood him to this level is a miracle itself. Even Taeyeon couldn’t see it. Yuri leap forward and landed next to Tiffany. He props his hands behind and stare pass through the fantastic scenery in front of him.

 

“You shouldn’t be here. Taeyeon is going to flip if he knew you came to see me.”

 

“Let I handle my husband. Don’t change the topic Kwon.”

 

“I’m….” Yuri couldn’t find the perfect words to describe his feelings right now. Everything are jumble up.

 

“Let me guess. You’re angry that Taeyeon didn’t take your side and aide you in battle. You’re frustrated that living in the human world for so long is making you weak; draining your thirst for power and you’re worried about losing Sooyeon again.”

 

“I fought with Taeyeon the other day and I barely did so. I’m pretty sure he’s not fighting to his full strength. I can’t protect Jessica if I’m not strong enough.” Yuri fist tighten as he slam his knuckle hard on the ground creating a dent on the hard rock. Tiffany can feel his anger radiating from his body. The wrath that he’s holding back for so long.

 

“I envy Sooyeon. She has your love even after 300 years had gone. I wish things were different Yul. But I ended up with Taeyeon instead. But I realize that sometimes, I can’t have what I want. Because turns out that Taeyeon loves and care about me more then you ever did. I’m happy with him just like you are with Sooyeon. You know why Sooyeon trust you with her heart back then?”

 

Yuri gaze landed on Tiffany as a smile appear on her face.

 

“Because she believe that you will never hurt her. She believe that you can stay strong for the both of you.”

 

Tiffany turns to her side as her right palm on the side of his face gently caressing that smooth skin she remembered.

 

“I want to see you happy Yul. Don’t fight for yourself. Fight for her. Then you will find the strength to keep going.”

 

…..

 

Jessica ponders if she should be doing this right now. She’s already half way to his house and now she doesn’t know if she should continue. Yuri is not picking up his phone and that is a good reason that he didn’t want anyone to disturb him. Why is she doing the opposite?

 

“Yul is going to get angry at you.” Jessica mumbling to herself as she drive deeper into the area. It’s getting dark but thankfully her mother is not around to scold her. She’s in Busan doing some field work and only be back until tomorrow.

 

“No. No…” Jessica mumbles as her mother’s car suddenly making a sudden halt in the middle of the road. She slam on the wheels as she try starting the car but it didn’t make the usual noise. Only a single tap and that was it. Jessica sigh in frustration as she gets out of the car and open the front boot. She frowns as she leans forward not knowing what to do. She has zero knowledge over car and this is not ideal. In a few minutes, night will come and she’s stuck in the middle of nowhere. Why the hell would Yuri stay so far from civilization?

 

“Hi.” Jessica hit her head hard on the edge of her hoot; surprised by the sudden intrusion. She gasp in pain.

 

“Hey, you’re okay?” The stranger try to help her but in an instant she pushes him away aware of her situation; she’s in a middle of no where and this guy probably a serial killer. The guy hold his hands up as he take a step away from her. She rub the back of her head as she turns around facing him.

 

“Don’t come near me! I know karate!” She screams loud enough hoping anyone could have heard her distress call. The guy chuckles as he slip his hand into the pocket of his jeans.

 

“Unfortunately for you, I’m a master in karate and your stance is wrong.” He . Jessica look down at her stance and frowns. Why the hell is she bending her right knee upwards like this? .

 

“Shut up! I can really kick you hard!” She tries again. He might look younger than her but she can’t take any risk fearing of her safety. She swore she’s going to kill Yuri when she see him later. If she can make it out of this alive. The guy had that childish grin plastered on his face. It reminds her of Yuri’s kind of wicked smile. He walk towards her and it alarms Jessica as she steps to her side ready to kick his groin if he ever touch her. But to her surprise, he didn’t even looking at her as he examine her car.

 

“When was the last time you send your car to be fix?” His voice ringing in her ears as she blush knowing that she just thought he wanted to attack her. She takes a peek at him and saw him really focusing on her car. He blush deeper red at the thought.

 

“Your clutch break seems to be the problem. That’s why there’s smoke. You can call a tow truck in the morning. Where are you heading to?”

 

When he didn’t hear any answer from the blonde, he turns around only to find her spacing out with a deep red face. He can’t help but smiling at her.

 

“Did you just spacing out?”

 

“Uh?” Great Jessica Jung. What a time to stutters. She compose herself and pretends that he didn’t caught her doing so.

 

“I said. Where are you heading to? Yuri’s?”

 

She frowns. No one know where Yuri live. Who is this guy? As though he had read her mind, he laugh a little as he shut the hoot back and place his bum on her the boot of her car.

 

“I’m Taeyeon. Yuri’s brother. You must be Jessica.” Jessica eyes widen.

 

“Yuri has a brother?!” Her reaction amuse him as he nodding. Jessica cup in disbelieve.

 

“But..But..Yuri never told me about you. He said he’s an only son.”

 

“He did? I guess he hates me that much huh?”

 

Taeyeon jump down from the boot and taking off his jacket. Jessica take another step away with eyes widen in fear. Taeyeon chuckles.

 

“Here. It’s getting dark soon. Tonight is a cold night. Ah and you need this too.”

 

Taeyeon pull out a handkerchief from the back of his jeans pocket.

 

“Why?” Jessica confusedly asked. Taeyeon point at her head.

 

“Your head is probably bruising. You knock your head pretty hard.”

 

Jessica hand travel to her head and she hiss when her fingers make contact with the slight swallon area. She brings back her fingers and saw a trace of blood.

 

“Hold the handkerchief on your head until we reach Yuri’s house. We’ll treat your wound there.”

 

It was mind blowing for Jessica that Taeyeon notice the bruise on top of her head when she herself didn’t realize it. Taeyeon shrugging off Jessica curious look as he started walking down the silent street. He suddenly stop and glance towards her.

 

“It’s quite scary walking alone in the night here for a girl. If you want, we can head to Yuri’s house together. If you thought I’m a erted serial , mind you that I’m also married and my wife is more scary than any serial killer.” Taeyeon flash her the ring on his finger. Jessica assess her options and knowing how scary this road can be at night is terrifying. She quickly take the keys from her car and walking in a fast pace towards Taeyeon. The kid looking guy grins as he waited for the blonde to make her way towards him. Tonight has turn out quite surprising for him and probably for her too.

 

…..

 

Yuri watch as Tiffany grilling some meat on the stove. He’s happy that she’s here. It feels like such a long time ago when they enjoyed each other company. She’s a close friend that he spent countless times with that it broke his heart when she married Taeyeon. Because of this reason alone, he escaped the realm and stay in the human’s world. But if it wasn’t because of Tiffany, he would have never met Sooyeon and fall in love.

 

Sooyeon. Jessica.

 

Yuri had his reasons for not falling in love with Jessica. He wanted to protect her but as a friend instead. He wanted her. He wanted her love but he can’t lose her. His heart won’t take another blow. He’ll die too if anything happens to Jessica.

 

“You know, I was hoping for Taeyeon to come here and then the three of us can have a peaceful dinner.”

 

“Fany, you guys don’t eat at all. I’m the only one eating.”

 

“Peaceful dinner with us sharing good times together Yul. He missed his baby brother.”

 

“Well. I’m not.”

 

Tiffany turns around with her hands on her hips sending dagger glares at him is doing nothing but making him laugh.

 

“You suit living as a wife Fany.”

 

“Taeyeon doesn’t let me do all the hard work Yul. Plus we’re not eating. Why cook?”

 

“He’s a whipped.”

 

Tiffany chuckles as she finish cooking and bring the plate of grill meat to Yuri. Yuri eyed the meat and smile like a little kid with his mouth drooling. She shake her head knowing how much Yuri loves human’s food. He never really fond of blood diet to be honest.

 

“You’re such a kid Yul.” Tiffany whispered as she kiss his cheek. Kwon Yuri has never change and remain the same guy she had fall in love with. Yuri smile at her but then his sense caught on a familiar scent. Tiffany notice it too but to the other person. Their heads simultaneously turn towards the big glass window and from far they can see two figures standing rooted on the ground.

 

“Tae?”

 

“Sica.”

 

…..

 

Jessica eyes sometimes wandering towards the guy next to her. Unlike Yuri, he’s quite a calm person. He seems to smile a lot. Yuri smile too but Hyomin always said that he only smiles towards her and not to everybody else. While Taeyeon here seems to be smiling most of the time. He’s quite decent. But a little short from height. Anything else, he seems to be a strong guy like Yuri. But when he said he’s Yuri’s brother, nothing about his face resemblance him at all. But she has to admit, she feels safe with him like when she is with Yuri.

 

“Erm, Taeyeon? Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure.” He really does have a sweet smile.

 

“Yuri hates you? But why?”

 

The smile on his face vanish replaced by a sad expression. There’s so much to that question. The answer is hard to give.

 

“Let just say that I once became the reason of his heart broken.”

 

“Heart break? But.. with who?” Jessica had known him since she was small. He never told her anything about falling in love.

 

“Someone that we are both close with? I guess it was my fault for not realizing it sooner.”

 

“But he’s…gay.” Jessica muttered under her breath earning a look from Taeyeon.

 

“Gay? He’s not Jessica.”

 

Taeyeon laugh at Jessica expression. She look rather taken back and he finds it amusing.

 

“You thought he was? You’re funny.”

 

Both of them fall into a giggling fit. Taeyeon suddenly stop as his eyes looking straight to a big glass window. Jessica eyes gaze on what Taeyeon is looking at. Her eyes widen as she saw a girl kissing Yuri. A lone tear escaping her eyes. She came this far worrying over him and he’s actually happy with another girl. Taeyeon eyes blaze in red as he get into a stance.

 

……

 

“Fany!” Yuri push the girl away as Taeyeon slice through the darkness aiming towards Yuri. He’s coming in a very unusual speed that the coalition against Yuri sending the tan guy through the wall with him as they fall hard onto the ground. Jessica gasped at the unusual speed as she cups her screaming away from making noises.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany scream as she dash towards the duo.

 

“Fany go away!” Yuri warn Tiffany as Taeyeon knuckle dig deep into his face. Yuri groan as he used all his strength and kick Taeyeon hard on his stomach sending him away. Taeyeon hiss as he stomp on the ground. Tiffany seize the opportunity and tackling Taeyeon on the ground. She hovers on top of him as his eyes still glowing in red.

 

“Fany, move.” Taeyeon low growl sending shivers down Tiffany spine. Taeyeon is the great descendent of the Kim family. He possess a great power but at times the power took control of him. This is one of the times. Tiffany glance towards Yuri.

 

“Yul, take Sooyeon with you. I’ll handle Taeyeon.” Yuri push himself up. He might have broke a few ribs. It takes a few minutes to be heal.

 

“I can’t leave you here.”

 

“Go!” Tiffany yell at him knowing that they don’t have much time before the power consume Taeyeon wholly. Yuri saw the look on Tiffany’s face and he knows if anyone can stop Taeyeon. It would be Tiffany. Yuri attention laid onto Jessica and she saw the fear in her eyes. He had a lot to explain. But he needs to get away from here first. Yuri run towards Jessica and saw her flinch when he came near her. Yuri take her into his arms as he jump down the cliff leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany by themselves.

 

…..

 

Taeyeon growl as he saw Yuri left and disappear from his sight. He wanted to get him but Tiffany is holding him down hard.

 

“You’re letting him go.”

 

“TaeTae. You don’t want him.”

 

Taeyeon red blazing eyes are hard to ignore and Tiffany is doing all she can to bring him back. She knows her Taeyeon is still half controlling knowing that she hadn’t yet been thrown away. Taeyeon is fighting the power.

 

“Tae. Don’t let the power consume you. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

She can see him struggling within and it hurts to know that she cause his pain. Tiffany eyes soften as Taeyeon close his eyes and bite his lips in attempt to stay calm. Tiffany caressing his cheek. He need to know that she’s by his side and it always work like that. Taeyeon will never hurt her. He never did.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

Taeyeon eyes fluttering open and in that moment, Tiffany regret her decision to pay Yuri a visit. Taeyeon has doubts over her love for him.

 

“We did nothing. I was here to help. You got it wrong Tae.”

 

“Am I? You kissed him.”

 

“On the cheek. It was nothing. I don’t harbour the same feelings I have for you with him. Don’t put doubts over my love.”

 

Taeyeon search deep into her eyes and he saw nothing but truth. Tiffany is not one to lie. Not to him at least. Taeyeon leans forward as he capturing her lips; pouring his love in that intense kiss. Claiming her love only for him. His for her. Tiffany felt his hands around her bum as he pull her towards him even more. She moan into his mouth when his left palm slip into her jeans cupping her warmth as if he was telling her that she’s his to take. She never did mind of his possessiveness. She only fear of his blindness in love. Taeyeon pull away as he flip them around and carry her in his arms. His gaze on her was so intense that she fears if her body going to collapse when he is finally done with her.

 

“You’re mine. Every inch. Every flesh.”

 

…..

 

Everything is blurry for her. Who is he? Why does he possess such strength? She saw him getting thrown away. A normal person would have died from the impact. He didn’t. He moves fast. What kind of a creature that she be friended with? She shouldn’t be letting him carrying her around like this. He lied to her. He’s a ing liar.

 

“Put me down.” Jessica said under breath but it was loud enough for Yuri to hear. She knows he can hear her. Yuri pretends not to.

 

“Put me down!”

 

Yuri stop to an abrupt halt in the middle of the forest. Jessica struggle in his arms and when he let her down, she slap him hard on his cheek. But to her dismay, he doesn’t seem to be in pain at all. There’s dry tears on her face. One that she shed not because Yuri lied to her but because he kissed another girl. Who is she kidding? They are just friends.

 

“Sica. Let me explain.”

 

“Stay away from me!” Jessica push him away when he try to get near her. Yuri didn’t want to put harm on her so he back away. He knew she has a cut on the top of her head and he wanted to help her out.

 

“Sica, this is more complicated than it seems. Please. Listen to what I’m going to say. Just this once. Please.” He begged her to listen not just for his sake but also for hers. The night of terror will begin in a month. He’s short of time. She ponders if she really want to be here right now.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Yuri sigh. She’s going to be even angrier at him.

 

“A vampire like humans named us. The cold undead is what we are.”

 

“I’ve read everything about the cold undead. You’re nothing like them. You’re not even cold. You bleed like everyone else. It’s not possible.”

 

Yuri wasn’t so sure on how to explain his unique condition to her but he have too or he’ll be losing her again. He search for a sharp stone on the ground. When he found one, he took it. His gaze landed on Jessica as he slit his wrist. Blood oozing out of the cut as Jessica shrieking in panicking. There is a lot of blood. Yuri refuse to let her help as he shows her the open cut slowly get intact once again. Soon it feels like the cut wasn’t even there.

 

“I bleed. My skin is warm. I can get injured. But that is because I’m a half breed. Half human. Half vampire. I was born not bitten. I can survive with only human food but blood give me strength to fight.”

 

Jessica frantically shaking her head. Everything that she reads are haunting her back.

 

“Y-You’re going to kill me.”

 

“If I want to kill you, I would have done it when you were still a baby.”

 

Baby? An idea cane to her mind. This is not real. Of he is what he claims to be, %then how come she remembered him while they were still small? Yuri seems to have guess what’s running in her mind.

 

“Every vampire has their own unique ability. Mine is a shape shifter. I change my body according to yours. But this is my real appearances. What you see when we were kids are what I let you see.”

 

This is all too much for her to take. She just need to get out of here.

 

“Sica, I didn’t mean to lie. I had to. If I tell you who am I then ask your self; would you have let me be around you? You read everything about my kind. You are well informed of what we can do. If you knew who I am, you would never be my friend. You would have never let me come close.”

 

Yuri take a few seconds to assess her reaction before taking a step forward. Jessica seems to be in deep thought. He need to assure her that everything he did was for her. Only her.

 

“How long…you’ve been like this?” She whispered her question but Yuri had heard just loud enough.

 

“450 years.”

 

“Then, Taeyeon? Who is he to you?”

 

“Sica, lets talk someone else.”

 

Jessica put her right hand up signalling Yuri not to come near her. Yuri let out a heavy breath.

 

“Taeyeon is my half brother. He was born human but father turn him into a vampire when he found him heavily wounded in a war. I didn’t told you about him because I don’t see any reason to do so. He’s not apart of the human world. He only come to here if he’s visiting me.”

 

Jessica eyes soften a little. Yuri brave himself to get near her and when she didn’t struggle to get away, he cups her face and staring deep into her eyes.

 

“I’ll explain everything to you. But you have to go with me. This is not the place to talk.”

 

She didn’t know what made her to believe him. His kind is the world most dangerous predator and here she is considering the thought of being alone with him. She’s going to die but deep inside, she didn’t want to lose him.

 

…..

 

“Here.” Yuri lead Jessica in the garage and open up another path. She’s sceptical over his intention as she peek inside. Yuri smile and gesturing the blonde to enter first. Jessica enters the basement and look around. This feels like a home he would stay only a little smaller than his house. Yuri lead her towards the living room as she take a seat on his couch; eyes still wandering around.

 

“I thought of taking you back to my house but it seems like Tiffany and Taeyeon have claiming it for the night.”

 

Tiffany. Who is she to him? She saw the kiss. He said she is his everything but how dare this freaking gay kissing another girl instead of her? Jessica is totally fuming mad right now that she had forgotten all about Yuri is a vampire.

 

“I saw her kissing you.” She unconsciously blurted it out earning an amusing look from Yuri. Yuri flash his warm smile as he sit next to her. To his relief, she didn’t move away. Yuri position himself so that they both looking at each other.

 

“She kissed me on the cheek. But it doesn’t mean anything. Tiffany is Taeyeon’s wife. I’m just a friend.”

 

Yuri push a strand of her hair behind as he leans forward. Jessica close her eyes when she felt his lips on her forehead. She blush.

 

“I mean it when I said that you are my everything. Sica…” Yuri lift her chin looking up at him.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you for 300 years. Everyday, my heart screaming for you. The only reason I keep on going is because I believe that one day I will see you again. When I saw your mom carrying the familiar baby in her arms, my waiting has come to an end. I belong with you.”

 

Yuri breath feels so near that it is shaking everything inside her. His touch sending shivers down her spine. Her stomach flip in a very weird way but felt so familiar. Yuri leans forward as he place a kiss on the side of her lips. His warm lips feel so familiar. Why is her body reacting like this?

 

“But you…Why me?”

 

“Because we’re destiny to be together.”

 

Yuri captured her lips as he sensually kissing her. Jessica has her palms on his chest as she succumb into her desire. She had always be imagining how it would felt kissing Yuri. Yuri smile into the kiss as he lift her up straddling his lap.

 

“Y-Yul..” Jessica moan into the kiss when he hold onto her waist. He gently bite onto her bottom lips. Jessica grasp the hem of his collar shirt bringing her body closer to him. There’s something inside of her that willingly letting him in that she has no control over her lust for him. Yuri deepen the kiss as he slip his tongue into . With Jessica grinding her bum on his lap, it’s going to take more than self reminder not taking her right then.

 

“God, Sica. Don’t do that.”

 

Yuri harshly said as he’s afraid that his junior is waking up. Jessica didn’t know what got into her as she on his tongue; body pressing against each other. Her hands already holding onto his head kissing him hard. Yuri isn’t breathless but if he let this goes on, he might regret it. He can’t hold on much longer. Yuri pulls away holding Jessica slightly off him as she’s breathless of their intense kiss. There’s saliva on her lips probably a mixing of theirs. He saw lust in her eyes.

 

“Sica, don’t. If we go further than this, I might not stop at all.”

 

She frowns. Yuri shake his head.

 

“No. I love you. It just, my mom get pregnant when dad couldn’t control himself. He lost her because of me. I can’t lose you.”

 

Jessica expression change. She understood what Yuri meant. She herself didn’t know why she wanted him so much.

 

“I’m sorry. I..didn’t know..”

 

Yuri hush her with a sweet kiss. He kiss both her eyes and cheek before ending it with a kiss to the forehead.

 

“Sica, will you let me love you?”

 

Yuri sincerely said. Jessica blush deepens into bright red as she’s playing with the collar of his shirt.

 

“I thought you weren’t interested. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

 

Yuri chuckles as Jessica hide her face on his chest.

 

“Blame yourself for assuming that I’m gay.” Jessica whines as Yuri run his fingers along her soft hair.

 

“I hate you.” She mumbles into his chest. Yuri can’t help but laughing at her cute demeanour.

 

“Yul?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I love you too.” Jessica shyly whispered. Yuri grins as she kiss the top of her crown as he snake his hands around her waist bringing their body closer. Spending the night together in this basement sounded promising.

 

“Ditto.”