Chapter 2

300 Years

She never really believe that Yuri is actually a gay. He’s so nice to her and she won’t ignore the fact that he’s so caring towards her needs. He’s a friend that she wish was more than that. But then, he never entertained any girls before. He’s athletic and smart. There’s no girl would not fall for him but he seems not interested at all. Jessica close her eyes for a second before back open as her gaze landed over a certain boy that always making her curious.

 

“Why do you have to be gay Yul?” Jessica reach his well sculptured jaw. She gently caressing his cheek. He’s the perfect specimen of a guy to be honest. With that handsome face and his well proportion body, he can lure any girl into his bed. But she had seen none of it. With that attitude, how can one not say he’s not a gay?

 

“Maybe if you let me touch your body, I might not be a gay anymore.” Jessica eyes widen as she unconsciously slapping Yuri hard on his cheek. Her cheek feels hot and he’s stupid grin is not helping.

 

“You’re such a ert!” Jessica slap him hard again as he keeps on grinning. It annoys her when she was caught red handed like that. She quickly push herself up but Yuri has another plan in mind. He held onto her wrist and without much force pulling her back. Jessica yelps as she landed on top of him; her face inches away from his. He smile as he secure his arms around her waist.

 

“I’m not kidding. Maybe if you do can give me a chance, I might reconsider from being gay.”

 

Her face flush red even harder.

 

“W-Why are you talking rubbish?”

 

“Sica, maybe I’m not. Maybe I really want you.” His smile vanish as his tone turn serious. Jessica feels her body heating up. It’s not helping especially when she can feels his body down her. They are way too close. She place both her palms on his chest creating distance between them. This is not safe at all.

 

“Yul, stop it. It’s not funny anymore.”

 

Yuri leans forward closing back the gap. His gaze is so intense that she feels it burning to the back of her head.

 

“Why should I?” Yuri whispering as he leans even closer. Jessica can even feel his breath on her face. His way too near. But it feels like she had this special connection with him. The way how he holds on her. His presence that is keeping her safe. She always feel happy when he’s around. And the weirdest thing is he’s coming into her life effortlessly.

 

“I..hate you.” She didn’t know why she said that but she felt like it. Yuri didn’t react for a while before his lips tugging into a smile. She recognize that smile. He always smile like that when he’s sad. Why is this bothering him so much? He’s always a tease.

 

“Did you fall for it?”

 

He’s sad turns into a wide grin. That playful smile is back. Jessica puckered her bottom lips as she hit him hard on his chest. He groan but keep on laughing. She push herself off him and throw a pillow hitting his face.

 

“Did you fall for it?!” Yuri as she stomp out of her room and slam the door shut behind her. She can still hear him laughing from behind the door as she leans her back against it. She clutch the hem of her collar.

 

“Stop beating so…fast.”

 

…..

 

Taeyeon sigh as he rubs his forehead. This is actually a bad news. 300 years and yet he is still bothered by it. Why can’t everyone just live by the law created by the ancestors for thousands of years before? It will save the pain and heart break.

 

“My lord, should we sent people to investigate?”

 

Taeyeon sigh once again as he stands up and rub the back of her neck. He walks towards the big window as his gaze landed far to the vast scenery.

 

“My lord?”

 

“What is the use of investigating if we already know?”

 

“But my lord, we’re talking about Yuri. He’s…”

 

“My brother. I know. I’m not that dense Kyu.”

 

Kyuhyun nodding in respect. Taeyeon groans as he turns around facing his man.

 

“What do you reckon Kyu? I go fetch him myself? Will he comeback with me if I do so?”

 

“My lord, no matter what happen the night of terror will start. They will hunt her down. He lived back then because of your father. The elders won’t be to please my lord.”

 

The door to the big hall open and comes in the woman that Taeyeon always smiling for. Kyuhyun slightly bow towards the woman.

 

“Kyu, lets have this discussion later on. Until then, please do watch his back for me.”

 

“Of course my lord. With pleasure.” Kyuhyun turn towards the woman.

 

“Milady.”

 

“See you Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun excuse himself and close the door to the big hall leaving the two people inside. Taeyeon smile grew wider as he wraps his arms around his wife’s waist.

 

“I didn’t see you this morning. How’s your gardening class?”

 

“Tae, you’re never interested with anything I do.”

 

Taeyeon pouts and she can only smile to his helpless puppy look.

 

“Fany, you’re supposed to be the supporting wife.”

 

“I am. Which reminds me, why is Kyuhyun here? I thought he’s out in the human world?”

 

Taeyeon gulp as he knows he can never hide this anymore from Tiffany. His wife is so good at reading him that keeping a secret was never a good idea in the past.

 

“TaeTae?” Tiffany raised both her eyebrows and it was enough to crumble Taeyeon inside’s.

 

“We’re talking about Yuri. It’s almost time Fany. I can’t lose my brother.”

 

Tiffany clearly understood what he meant. Yuri and Taeyeon is so different from each other. While Taeyeon is soft spoken and very mature, Yuri is childish and outspoken. Taeyeon is a full blood vampire while Yuri is a half blood; he was born with a human mother. She died giving birth to him. Tiffany also know the fact that Yuri always feels a little bit left out in the family because of his half blood status. That is why he’s not that close with Taeyeon even when the oldest is trying his hard getting close with him.

 

“Maybe you should go and talk with him.”

 

Taeyeon sigh for the tenth time. He doesn’t even know if Yuri wanted to see him after 300 years, after Sooyeon’s death and the end of the night terror that ruin his younger brother’s life.

 

“He hates me Fany. I bet you he’ll kill me the moment he see me.”

 

“Tae, you never know that. After all, maybe this time around we can persuade him.”

 

“He will never listen. I’m worried of his safety during the 1 week hunting. 300 years ago, they spare him his life because of father. Now that I take charge, the elders are not going to be happy with his involvement.”

 

He’s sad and his eyes doesn’t tell lies. She can see through his tough demeanor that her husband is scared over the thought of losing Yuri. Yuri and he might not see things the same but he loves his younger brother. Tiffany flash a smile as she hold his right hand and gently tugging him with her towards his big chair. They held their gaze together as Tiffany gently push him down on his chair. She kiss his lips and pull away when he realize what she just did.

 

“Fany..” Taeyeon whining as Tiffany just smile and turn around as she gets behind his chair. She place her hands on both of the dip between his neck and gently messaging it.

 

“You’re too tense nowadays. I missed my funny husband.”

 

Taeyeon leans back as he close his eyes totally immerse with her touch. 450 years of marriage did not deter his love for her; in fact he fall deeper for the brunette.

 

“I just wish Yuri would put our family honor first before himself. Why did he had to fall for that human?”

 

Tiffany hands travel gently on his shoulder skin hoping to ease the tense muscle that had been worked up all day long.

 

“Can I talk you into it?”

 

“About what?” Taeyeon asked back slightly surprise with Tiffany’s request. His wife is not one to meddle with his work. But when she asking about it, it means something.

 

“Pretends that I’m Sooyeon and it was my name on the prophecy. What would you do Tae? Be the leader that our kind needs or my husband that I know will protect me.”

 

Taeyeon eyes fluttering open as he tilting his chin up and his gaze landed on his beautiful wife’s face.

 

“Our circumstances are different Tiffany.”

 

“You mean our marriage was arranged and you were obliged to it afraid of disappointing your father while Yuri is brave enough to claim Sooyeon despite the differences?”

 

“I did it because I want to and I really love you. This feelings…” Taeyeon pull Tiffany by her neck and claim her lips. He smile when she’s kissing back. Her soft lips and her smell is so intoxicating that if it wasn’t because of the serious discussion, he would have picking her up and bang her on the desk. He might do it. But right now, there’s more important things to discuss. He slightly pulls away still forehead glued together.

 

“…is true and it will always be the truth. Do not doubt it.”

 

Tiffany smile as she leans down and kiss his lips before pulling away and turn his chair around facing her. She place her hands on top of his arm rest, trapping him in between.

 

“I never did husband. Think of what I’ve just said. I’ll see you at home.” She pecks his cheek and ruffling his hair as she walking away from him and out of his room. Taeyeon slumps deeper into his chair as he ran his fingers along his dark short hair.

 

“I’m such a bad brother.”

 

….

 

Jessica eyes travel towards the center pool where Yuri is seen swimming; leading the trial time. He’s fast but she’s not surprise especially with his wide shoulder and longer arms. He’s lean and muscular and she had never seen him going into a gym. Yuri insist that he trained his body at home in his private gym but everytime she’s there, sometimes there’s dust on the training equipment. It doesn’t make any sense but she didn’t bothered by it.

 

“It is a shame that he’s actually gay. He’s so hot that I would have melted into a puddle everytime he’s looking at me.”

 

Her friend, Hyomin said surprising Jessica a little by her sudden appearance. Jessica didn’t answer as her eyes travel back to the book in her hands. Hyomin leans forward and saw the title of the book. She shakes her head.

 

“I don’t understand your obsession about this mythical creature.”

 

Jessica look at her friend as she set the book down on her lap.

 

“They are the cold ones. People from 200 BC named them the most vicious predator. Everything about them is luring us, humans in. Some books even named the clan and which family belongs to it. They live forever Hyo. So, it is a compulsory for us to learn about them. At least we have a slight idea of who they are.”

 

Hyomin wave her palm in front of Jessica’s face.

 

“Are you even listening to yourself Jess? That whatever you read hasn’t been proven scientifically. Don’t ruin your reputation as the school cool girls Jess. You have ruined enough. Plus..” Jessica saw Hyomin’s eyes darting back towards Yuri who like always had won the trial time and not getting the most attentions from his fans especially when he climbing out of the water and his body is all for everyone to see. The water actually helps his body sparkling too.

 

“…if anyone should be research on, it should be Yuri. The dream boy is probably the blood creature. He’s attracting everyone with no effort at all.” Hyomin friend as Jessica gaze landed on Yuri. The tan guy smile at her and she can’t help but smiling back. Ever since the other day incident, Jessica has a change of heart for the tan boy because now, everytime he smiles at her; her heart keeps on beating fast. She had no idea why. Hyomin saw their interaction. She nudge her friend on the side.

 

“I think dream boy is making you blush nowadays.”

 

“No!” Jessica gasped earning looks from people around them. She slaps Hyomin hard on the shoulder as she hides behind her book. Hyomin giggles over her friend’s childish demeanors. But little did the two knows that Yuri actually had his shirt and shorts already and is walking towads them. But it was Hyomin’s who notice it. She wiggling her eyebrows.

 

“He’s here.” Jessica raise an eyebrow but as soon as she looks to the front, Yuri is already in front of her. He grins like a kid he is.

 

“I’m done here. Let’s go?”

 

“Don’t you need shower first Yul?” Jessica can’t help but taking a step back when Yuri ignoring her remarks and just drying his hair using his towel and his bag sling on his right shoulder. Jessica sigh take his towel from him.

 

“Bend down a little Namsan.” Yuri grins even more when Jessica use his nickname that she created for him. She said he’s tall like a Namsan Tower. He do as her says ignoring the stares from everyone. Jessica help him drying his hair while he happily let her be. Hyomin clearing his throat and leans sideway towards Jessica.

 

“In case you forgot, we’re in the indoor swimming hall and everyone is staring at you.”

 

Jessica felt her cheeks burning hot as now she can actually feel all eyes on her and Yuri. Yuri is just being Yuri; totally happy and doesn’t care.

 

…..

 

“Yul?”

 

“Hrmm?” Yuri hum as he stops the car in front of her house. Jessica is playing with her hands as she keeps her eyes on her lap. Yuri look to his side and frowns when Jessica seems to be restless.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He worriedly ask. Jessica eyes widen when he place his palm on her forehead and face just next to her. Jessica quickly push his hand away. Yuri raise an eyebrow over her sudden movements.

 

“You only acting weird when you have a fever. That’s why I checked.”

 

She blush hard. Slowly she looks at him.

 

“Yul, what am I to you?”

 

Surprise is actually not really reflecting he’s feelings right now. It was more like slightly taken back. Jessica never throw this kind of question before. For once he’s taken back by it.

 

“Uh, a friend?”

 

“A friend?”

 

“Yeah. A friend.”

 

He can’t read her expression and he didn’t want to probe into her mind afraid that he’ll get caught by it. So when she’s not giving any reaction to this, he wish he can use his ability on her instead. Jessica hold onto the hem of her shirts tighten.

 

“Sica?”

 

“Nothing. Thanks.” She didn’t let him say anything and get out of the car. She was already half way running towards her house when Yuri get out of his car.

 

“Sica!”

 

She didn’t turn the door knob to her house and waited.

 

“In case you didn’t notice. You’re my everything. Good night.”

 

Yuri smile and get back into his car. He drive away leaving Jessica with a small smile plastered on her face.

 

‘In case you didn’t notice it, you’re my everything too Yuri.’

 

…..

 

Yuri park his car in the drive way. He can’t help but smiling remembering the incident earlier. But then he shook his head.

 

“No, Yul. Remember what happened 300 years ago. Don’t let your guard down.”

 

He sigh and get out of his car. As soon as his foot set on the ground, a familiar presence greeting his senses. He hiss and jump to his room window on the second floor. It was dark but he can make out the figure sitting down on one of his couches. He groans.

 

“Brother.”

 

“Lord Kim.” The moon from the night flashing through the open window showing Taeyeon genuine smile towards Yuri. Yuri keep his guard up as his staring back at him.

 

“You look fine Yul.”

 

“Get out.”

 

“Kwon Yul.”

 

“Get out or I will throw you out.”

 

Yuri turn his back against Taeyeon disgusted by his brother presence in his home.

 

“Yul, you and I both know that I did everything I can to protect you. Father did everything he could to save you. There’s nothing you can do.”

 

Yuri jumping towards Taeyeon tackling him down on the floor. Taeyeon kick him hard on the stomach sending him towards the wall. The force of his kick was so big that Yuri crash through the wall onto the back lawn. Taeyeon stands up and jump down the 2nd floor. Yuri hiss and punch Taeyeon hard on his jaw but Taeyeon remain rooted on the ground.

 

“Living in the human’s world is making you weak.”

 

“Shut up!” Yuri sending another blow but this time he successfully sending Taeyeon crashing against the big tree. Thankfully, he’s living in isolation. If not his neighbor would probably have heard it. Yuri breathe heavily as Taeyeon climb out of the tree trunk. He dusting away shards on his blazer.

 

“Yuri, you are alive back then because they respect father. I’m not as respectable as father. They will kill you too. I won’t let it happen. I’ll drag you home if I must.”

 

Yuri stand straight as his piercing glare is on Taeyeon.

 

“I rather die fighting than succumbing to this nonsense. If you still care about me, you’ll leave my house.”

 

“Nothing I do will change your heart huh?”

 

“Taeyeon, I love her the same like you love Tiffany. Will you let her die and save yourself?”

 

Taeyeon remain mute not knowing how to answer that. Tiffany asked him the same question but he couldn’t even answered. Yuri’s anger replace by calm when Taeyeon didn’t say anything.

 

“Just like I thought. I don’t want to drag you into this Taeyeon. I’ll fight this war by myself. I will succeed. Send my regard to Tiffany. Tell her I missed her.”

 

Yuri disappear into the night leaving Taeyeon by himself. Taeyeon didn’t know where to go by now. He’s stuck between fulfilling his responsibility to his kind or towards his family.

 

“Father..I’ve failed.”