The Truth

Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You?

“You two sound like an old married couple! No matter what Kibum you have my support Kibum!” Oppa almost fell off the couch he was laughing so hard.

One night my parents where out for a business trip a few towns over they would be gone until I got back from school the next day.

Then suddenly I heard someone knock violently on my door. When I answered, the door instead of seeing who it was I felt them fall on me. I looked and saw it was Bom. In worst shape than Kibum had been. Blood was everywhere and she had a cut on her left cheek and both eyes where about to turn black. I freaked out at the sight of her. She was quickly loosing consciousness so I carried her to the couch and ran over to Kibum’s house and knocked on the door.

Mr. Kim answered the door and looked extremely worried, of course he would have been it was nearing eight thirty at night and they must have just finished eating dinner.

“Is Hyung Joon Oppa or Kibum here? It’s really important.” I sent a silent prayer to whatever was out there that one of them would be home. Mr. Kim nodded and yelled for Oppa to come down stairs that I needed to speak with him.

Hyung Joon came down stairs in a hurry and a smile on his face. I gave him a quick hug hoping he would help me.

“What do you need?” He asked as Mr. Kim walked back into the living room to watch T.V.

“I need your help. It’s important there is no time.” My voice was frantic and he nodded and followed me as I ran back down the street to my house.

We walked in and Bom was just the way I had left her unconscious on the couch. Hyung Joon didn’t see her and just looked at me.

“I need you to carry her upstairs to my bedroom; we can’t call the hospital ok?” Hyung Joon Oppa nodded and gently picked Bom up and I noticed it was almost impossible to recognize her because of the blood and the swelling. As he carried her up to my bedroom, I went and found peroxide, a pitcher, a rag (because I had no clean ones in my room) and I boiled some hot water and poured it into the pitcher.

Hyung Joon’s Point of View

I carried the battered girl upstairs like Rachel had asked of me but every time I looked at the girl I couldn’t help but think she looked familiar. When I laid her down on the bed and saw the way, her hair spilled across the pillow and the way the moon shone against her skin I thought I would throw up. Memories filled my mind of a face I loved in secret up until six months when she left me. Memories a brooding face with laughing eyes. Soft pink lips that returned my kisses, Arms that held onto me when we made love. It just couldn’t be her I prayed that if there was a God he would be merciful and let this was some other poor victim of cruelty and not her, not the one I still loved more than myself.

Please God if you’re real let it be anyone but Bom. It was in that moment I realized that there can be no such thing as an all powerful, all loving God. Because if he was all loving he would never let something like this happen to someone as kind and wonderful as Bom.

End Hyung Joon’s Point of View and Back to Rachel’s Point of View.

My bedroom door was closed so I yelled for Hyung Joon to open it and when he did, I could see the worry written on his face. I brushed it off as his confused at the situation with a bruised and beaten girl on my bed. I quickly went to work cleaning Bom’s cuts and washing away the dried blood.

Hyung Joon was standing close by and watched as I cleaned her up. Every so often, he would take in a deep breath and I would look at him he would wave it off like it was nothing.

“Oppa can you go to my parent’s room and get one of my dad’s t-shirts and a pair of my from my drawer? I think we need to get her out of these clothes.” Hyung Joon returned quickly with an abnormally large shirt and grabbed a pair of my from my drawers.

Hyung Joon just continued to stand there as I began to take Bom’s jacket of and un button her pants.

“Oppa can you please step outside while I change her clothes?” He just looked away, scoffed, and said something that sounded a lot like nothing I haven’t seen before. When I got her shirt off Hyung Joon gasped and placed his hand over his mouth.

“I gave her that necklace.” He said drawing my attention to what was hanging around her neck. It was a heart shaped charm with a small diamond on a simple chain.

“Oppa you know her?” I asked amazed at how small the world really was. Then I remembered how Bom treated Kibum and wondered if it where possible she knew he was Hyung Joon’s younger brother. He nodded his head as he sat down on my bed and put my dad’s shirt on her. He took her bottoms off and I put my underwear on her than Hyung Joon picked her up and placed her in my bed.

Hyung Joon’s Point Of view

What should I tell her? That me and Bom where friends? Or the truth and say she used to be my girlfriend until she broke up with me. Then I might as well admit I am still in love with Bom. Is my little sister to young to know the truth? The whole truth some that I have known for years? Or should I just let destiny go, as it should? But more importantly do I tell my sister that at one point Bom was pregnant with my child?