Jenny Park

Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You?

When I was twelve and Kibum was thirteen we both started to think our parents where right about staying out at night. I guess almost being beaten up by gang members will do that to you.

Me and Kibum being so brilliant and experienced at this time decided we would sneak out one night and walk around town. There was no real destination in mine except we wanted to sneak out of the house. So we did and at first we where excited until we got to Brenner Street.

Brenner Street we later learned was where all the bad kids hung out. When we got there, it didn’t take long for us to be surrounded by would-be-thugs. They looked at me and Kibum and chuckled and we both knew we where in trouble. Kibum had no prior fighting experience but he was determined that he would protect me. He never told me that but I knew by the way he almost pushed me behind him so he was standing directly in front of me.

“Hey there Chink you think you goin’ to be a man and protect her? man your little by the time I’m done wit’ her she gonna’ be beggin’ fo mo!” I remember the guy was clearly Hispanic and I recognized his face a few years later as Jose Lopez he had been convicted of in the 1st degree and he was Kyle’s older brother.

“I-I wont let you hurt her!” Kibum’s voice was shaky but he stood firmly in front of me. I hate to admit it but with Kibum as my savior, I didn’t feel so sure of success.

The thugs started to zero in on us and even Kibum began to loose his nerve when we saw one of them pull out a knife.

Then we saw a pair of head lights behind them. The car stopped and out came a beautiful Korean teenage girl. With her, she brought a lead pipe. And walked over to the gangsters.

“Don’t you boys have anything better to do then try and twelve year old girls?” She asked from behind them. The gangsters looked behind them and one of them screamed.

“JENNY!” The leader screamed. She quickly hit one of the thugs with the pipe.

“Now get the out of my sight.” She said as she held the pipe up again.

The thugs listened to her and she took a quick glance at me and Kibum. She pushed a stray piece of her hair behind her ear and let out a chuckle.

“Let me guess. You wanted to sneak out for the hell of it right?” She stood there waiting for us to answer the question she already knew the answer to. The two of us just nodded and she ordered us to get into her car she was taking us home. The two of us obeyed like two scolded children.

Let me tell you something about Bom Park. First thing you should know is she hates her parents. Her dad took off when she was little and her mom had taken to having a sting of boyfriends most of which had less than honorable intentions. The lack of parental figures led her to living life as a juvenile delinquent something she soon found out she was good at. She gained a reputation as a ruthless fighter something at the time she was proud of. She changed her name to Jenny because she didn’t want to be called my the name those people gave her. It wasn’t like she told this to me on the ride back to my house that night it was something I learned from her years later.

She took us home and before she let us out, she lit a cigarette and took a drag.

“I don’t ever want to see you two on Brenner Street at night again understand me? I wont always be there to save your asses.” We got out of the car and did as we where told. And by some miracle, our parents never found out about us sneaking out.
**********
I've been editing making the first chapter into muliple chapters. So continue to read and comment ok? Thank You Angelwithoutwings