Maybe we're just not meant to be?

Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You?
It took us almost an hour to move the bed in and put it together. And two full days to decorate it the way we wanted. Pictures that had previously been stacked in neat piles in the corner where no in photo albums on a bookshelf. Pictures that had been taped to the wall now resided in picture frames. My notebooks full of fairy tales, short stories and out lines for the novels I would write one day where placed on a book shelf of their own. We even managed to find a small desk and place it in the corner adjacent to two large black shower curtains we hung from the ceiling which he used to develop his pictures.
 
Kibum immediately decided I was not allowed in said dark room. And I quote ‘NO GIRLS ALLOWED!’ I’m sorry I didn’t realize we where still in the second grade.
 
After we where finished the two of us where relaxing on the bed we had the pillows up against the headboard. It felt like it was just the two of us in the entire world and the only sounds being made was the sound of us breathing through our nose. Kibum had his arm around my waist lightly my side as I laid my head on his chest. It was one of those real calm moments that don’t seem to come to often. It was so calm I fell asleep.
 
Kibum’s Point of view
 
I wasn’t to sure how I felt about being alone with Rachel like this. After recently realizing my feelings for her and my lust I worried I wouldn’t be able to control myself if I was alone for her to long. But I reminded myself she doesn’t return my feelings and we are best friends and if I try and force my feelings on her ten years could be lost. However, I admit I like the fact it’s me she is sharing a moment like this with and not someone else like Kevin.
 
An idea crosses my mind as I reluctantly let her go and went and picked up my favorite digital camera the one she got me for my sixteenth birthday. I turned it on and walked quietly back to the bed. I set it down and climbed back into bed and arranged us in the same position we where in before. I picked up the camera and took a picture of the two of us together. I am so lucky Rachel is a heavy sleeper or else she would have killed me. She would kill me anyway when I developed it and hung it on our wall.
“Our wall” I said quietly to myself liking the way it sounded. ‘Our’ like we where a couple who was moving in together after being together a couple of years. ‘Our’ it has a nice ring to it don’t you think? I sat the camera down and went to sleep.
 
3rd Person Point of view
 
Hours passed before the two of them woke up. Rachel was slightly embarrassed at how close they where. While Kibum was enjoying the small victory of not loosing control over his hormones after all the time alone with her. Then Rachel noticed the camera when she turned it on and scrolled through the pictures the last one she saw was of her sleeping and Kibum posing.
“Kibum what is this?” She asked holding the camera up to his face as if she had found proof that he had commited unspeakable crimes. Kibum took the camera from her and held it with both of his hands like he was ready to take a picture.
 
“This is a camera. You click the button right here and it takes a picture.” Then Kibum suddenly took a picture of Rachel and ran out of the shack.
 
“Y-you get back here!!” Rachel yelled as she chased after Kibum all around the beach. Finally Kibum sat on the sand his arms out for her. She giggled it reminded her of seven years ago when he did the same thing. She sat in his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. He wrapped one of his arms around her waist and kissed her head earning a blush from her and with his other hand he snapped another picture of one of their precious memories.
 
The two of them laughed as she got off him and they laid in the sand beside each other taking more pictures. Neither of them wanted that warm feeling they felt to ever leave.
 
Bom’s point of view
 
My apartment wasn’t far from my coffee shop and a grocery store was just a couple of blocks over everything I needed would be within a few short blocks. I would never have to go by Hyung Joon’s house and I would never have to see him. Rachel promised she would visit me so much I would be sick of her. So that means I would only really have to go by to drop her off. As long as I didn’t have to see him I was ok.
 
If I don’t see him maybe one day I will stop loving him. Maybe one day I can forget Alicia. Tears start running down my eyes as I pick up a picture I had kept hidden from Hyung Joon.  It was the ultrasound from before I miscarried our daughter.
 
“Alicia I’m so so sorry. Mommy wasn’t strong enough to protect you.” I’m crying harder and holding the picture close. Then I heard a knock at the door I wiped my tears and left the picture on the counter. I answered the door and was shocked to see who I saw.
 
“I heard a cat lady lived here So I brought an extra large bag of cat food.” His smile whatever sadness I had felt went away just by his smile. I remember his smile is warm gentle smile and his soft brown eyes. The smile and eyes of a man who would never do anything to hurt me.
 
I look away from his eyes and notice the cut off shirt reveling his strong arms. They held me tight when he hugged me and made love to me. I miss him so much.
 
“You’re at the right place come in I’ll show you where to put it.” I turned around and led him into the kitchen and showed him the table.
 
“You can um just put it on the um table.” I started to play with my hair I was nervous being alone with him. He smile and looked around then his eyes fell on the counter and saw the ultrasound. He picked it p like he was afraid it would dissolve in his hands if he wasn’t careful.
 
“When was this?” He asked his voice was a little to even when I know it effected him.
 
“Right before…”’ I couldn’t finish the sentence right before I deprived you of your child?
 
“Right before we lost her. She would be about five months about now” His eyes where shining as a tear fell down.
 
“Hyung Joon its my fault I couldn’t protect her…” I would have said more if Hyung Joon hadn’t punched a dent into my wall.
 
“It’s not your fault Bom. When will you realize it’s mine? It’s all my fault what kind of man can’t even protect his unborn child and the woman he loves? I should have been there to protect you when your mother’s drunk boyfriend hit you in the stomach with a bat. I can see things Bom you…know I can…but what good is it if I can’t see you getting abused all the time.” He was crying for the first real time I think.
 
Hyung Joon’s visions make him un emotional sometimes. For example he may see someone close to him die in a vision years before it happens. And when it finally does happen he doesn’t care because he has already gone through all the stages of grief.
 
“Maybe we’re just not meant to be?” I whispered more for my ears than his. When I heard a small laugh coming from Hyung Joon.
 
“Noona don’t you get it? You’re my Rachel and I’m your Kibum…”Then he took me in his arms and kissed me hard and before we both knew it I was letting him carry me into my bedroom.