Chapter 7

The rhytm of love

So the teachers came up with a solution. Great, you would say, but not so much. See, the thing is, there were no more empty cabins, which resulted in us having to split up and bunk in with other people. So that's why I'm lying on the couch of Myungsoo and that Sungyeol guy right now, trying to sleep. Trying and failing, I might say. See, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were only with two, but the cabin was equally big as all the three person cabins. However, it only had one double bed. Myungsoo offered it to me, but I just couldn't take it. First of all, Sungyeol was kinda mad about it, he obviously didn't want to sleep on the floor, and Myungsoo wouldn't let him on the bed with me. But also, I would feel way too guilty. Both of them on the ground while I was on a double bed? I'm really not that much of a . Besides, I like sleeping on the couch. On all the sleep-overs with my after school unnies, I'm the one who claims the couch.  I sleep better on a couch than on a bed that is not my own. It's just that this couch, is awful. Or maybe it's just the idea that Myungsoo oppa or Sungyeol can come out here any moment, while I am in a weird sleeping position, with possibly my blanket tossed away. And my payama's are not very ladylike. It's just an oversized shirt and short shorts. Can you blame me? I thought I was just rooming with the girls. They have seen me in less. And I'm talking about swimwear here, so get your mind out of the gutter!

Anyway, I can't sleep. And in less then four hours my alarm is going to go off, and I have to wake up. If I even fall asleep to begin with. I can feel my eyecircles forming already.
I sighed and closed my eyes in exasparation. I started doing some tricks with my consciousness, you know, making it travel through my entire body, and then letting it leave entirely, hoping it would make me fall asleep. I was at my knees, and reasonably calm already, when I heard a door open. With my calm state of mind, I decided to let it go, and continue falling asleep. I gave up on that idea when I felt someone sitting down on my couch. My eyes opened wide, but luckily I was facing the backside of the couch, so it wasn't visible. I heard my intruder sigh deeply.
"Oh, Lizzy, what are you doing to me? I can't even fall asleep because I keep wondering if you are comfortable on the couch." A voice said softly, which I instantly recognized as Myungsoo's. I slowly closed my eyes again and decided to just listen to him. I did feel some weird tingles in my tummy though. Which would almost make you think I like him. Which I don't. I mean, this is Myungsoo we are talking about. I used to hate him. I think he's okay now, but that's my limit. I don't like him. I heard another little sigh leave his mouth.
"I'm afraid of when you find out who I really am. I want you to like me for me, Myungsoo, not for L." I heard him say. This really confused me. Might be because it's the frickin' middle of the night. But I really had no idea what alphabet he was talking about with the L. What was that about? Then I decided I must be dreaming. No way that this was real. My suspicion of dreaming was further confirmed when my imaginary Myungsoo started to sing me a lullaby. However, it did calm me down and I could feel my conscience slipping further and further away.

I woke up to the sound of Myungsoo and Sungyeol talking. About me. I think they were discussing how to wake me up. I decided to make it easier on them by showing them I was awake. So I sat up.
"Goodmorning" I simply said with my hoarse just-woken-up voice.
"Goodmorning!" They replied in unison, Sungyeol very cheery while Myungsoo said it in a much calmer way, but with a warm smile.
"I made breakfast!" Sungyeol said happily. "Okay, we made breakfast." He added with a roll of his eyes after Myungsoo elbowed him rather harshly. I smiled at them, but then I realised that I couldn't really get up since my pajama's are very skimpy. Not really suitable around people I'm not close with. Myungsoo seemed to understand though, cause he told me I could use the bathroom first. So I did. I got dressed in blue shorts and a white top with moustache print.
After getting dressed I tried the breakfast they made me, it was simple, rice with eggs, but it tasted really good!
"Lizzy! Do you know what we are going to do today?" Sungyeol asked me. I cutely shook my head to indicate that I didn't know and he pouted.
"Yah! Why don't you ask me? I know!" Myungsoo exclaimed. Sungyeol rolled his eyes.
"Because I don't really trust you." He said.
"Seriously, after all we've been through, you don't trust me?" Myunsoo asked. I didn't know whether they were joking or being serious, but I decided to step in.
"Myungsoo oppa! I do trust you, will you tell me?" I said in my cutest voice while doing a bit of aegyo. Sungyeol squealed. Yeah, I'm that cute.
"Sure, we are going to swim and play games in the lake today!" He said with a warm smile.
"Really!? That's so cool!" Sungyeol shrieked, totally excited. I could only laugh at him.
"I thought you didn't trust me?" Myungsoo asked, with one eyebrow raised.
"Of course I do, why would you think that?" Sungyeol said, trying to act cute, but failing so bad that it was terribly akward which somehow made it look cute again. Does that make sense? Myungsoo started laughing too, and we were having a really good time.

After our nice and cosy breakfast, I cleaned the dishes while the boys prepared their swimstuff. I decided to change my clothes, now that I knew we would be swimming. I wore a pair of dark brown shorts, with a yellow tanktop with green and blue dots. Underneath I wore my dark green monokini, with ruffles at the top.

We showed up at the lakeside and everyone was already there. I quickly walked over to Jonghyun, Key and the After School unnies.
"Lizzy! We were just wondering, do you wear a bikini or a swimsuit?" Jonghyun asked. Only he asks questions like that.
"Actually, neither, I'm wearing a monikini." I answered. He just stared at me blankly until Key elbowed him and explained it.
"A monokini is like a bikini only with a connection between the top and bottom, you should definitely know that!" He said in that naggy tone of his. I smiled to myself at their lovers 'quarrel'. Right then the teachers decided to tell us to hurry up and get into the water. So I took off my shorts and tanktop, and joined my afterschool unnies in the water.
We played a game where one person is on top of another, and then he or she tries to push over another team. I was on Jungah unnie's shoulders. We lost a lot, but we had fun. The game was won by Nana unnie and Sungyeol. I was really surprised they were together, because to my knowledge, they barely knew each other. Even more surprising, Sungyeol was on top.

The rest of the days passed in a blur, and before we knew it, it was time to go home. I had become much closer to Myungsoo and Sungyeol, and so did my Afterschool unnies. Especially Nana unnie, so I wasn't all that surprised when she ditched me to sit next to Sungyeol in the bus. I was a bit dissapointed though, cause all the other unnies were paired up and now I had to sit with Myungsoo, who had been ditched by Sungyeol. I still didn't really see him as a friend, though I didn't quite understand why.
Anyway, we sat next to each other and started talking about the physics project, what parts still had to be done. Turned out he did a lot already, and it only needed a little finishing up, which I would do. I felt a little dissapointed, but I don't know why. Maybe because I now had no more reason to meet up with him?
As I was pondering over this, I suddenly felt something fall on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Myungsoo oppa sleeping on my shoulder. He looked so cute and handsome that I became mesmerized by it. It was then that I realised it.
I was falling for him.

Hi!
I got lots of new subscribers, and I'm really thankful to all of you! I know I'm not the best author, especially when it comes to my updating speed, but I feel so happy knowing that you guys subscribe anyway.
Also, I have thought of a way to speed up my updates, and I would love a co-author. So if any of you would like to work with me, let me know in a comment or wallpost or private message or whatever suits you best!

<3