Chapter 1

The rhytm of love

"Lizzy, hurry up, you have to go to school!" My mum yelled at me from downstairs.
"I'm almost done!" I yelled, while fixing my hair and putting on my last layer of mascara. I ran downstairs and quickly ate the bowl of cereal that my mom prepared for me. After I was done I slipped on my shoes and jacket, then quickly gave both my parents a kiss on the cheek and left our house to go to school.
As I arrived at the bus stop some of my classmates waved at me. I waved back and greeted them cheerfully. It's really cute how they look at me with adoration in clear on their faces. But whatever. The bus came and I was the first to get in. I walked all the way to the back, to see my best friend Jungah sitting there, waiting for me. We did our usual air kiss and then I sat down next to her.
"Tell me! How was your date with Dongwoon last night?" I asked her. She and Dongwoon have liked each other for ages, but they never got round to actually doing something with their feelings. Until yesterday, when they went on a date together."
"It was so romantic! We had dinner at this really sweet place, candlelights and everything, then he took me on a walk through this cute park with rose bushes everywhere! And in the end, he even kissed me!" She squealed. I giggled slightly, her being so in love was cute.
The bus stopped again and a new group of students got in. Jonghyun was one of them. He sat down in front of me and turned around to face me.
"Hey pretty, how have you been this weekend?" He asked while winking at me. I smiled to myself, he did this every single time.
"It was lovely, how was yours?" I asked him.
"Awful, cause I didn't get to see you, babe." He answered.
"I was really busy." I explained.
"If you weren't, would you have come to see me?" He asked.
"Probably not!" I laughed. Jungah laughed along with me.
We arrived at school and I went to my first class, maths.
I sat down next to Raina, in the middle of our class. The classroom soon filled up and everyone came to our table to talk to us. I hated this part, but you have to stay nice, so I made a little small talk with everyone.
The teacher walked in and everyone sat down. The lesson started and I tried paying attention. I'm not really good at maths, but I'm not bad either. After a long explanation we could start with the homework. I quickly made the first few questions, but then it got difficult. I decided to make it at home and started drawing in my notebook.
"Wow, you are a really talented artist!" Raina whispered while looking in my notebook.
"Thanks, I try." I whispered back.
Then I heard a loud sigh and looked up to see Myungsoo shoot us an annoyed glare. He is the big nerd in our school, and nobody really likes him. He seems okay with it though, but that might be because he is too busy studying to notice. Anyway, I mouthed sorry and as soon as he turned back around I rolled my eyes. Stupid nerd, the teacher didn't even complain.
I went back to my maths homework, I had to finish it anyway. Soon enough the lesson was over and I went to english, which I have with E-young, another one of my close friends. It was rather uneventful, and soon we were walking to the cafeteria together for lunch. When we arrived everyone gawked at us, again. We walked over to a table where my friends sat. The eight of us are this schools queenka's. We're not y though, like the stereotypical queenka. People call us After School, I don't really know why though, maybe because they still think of us, after school. Probably not, but I can't think of a better explanation. Anyway, me and E-young sat down among our unnies and I took out my cute Hello Kitty lunchbox that my mom prepared for me this morning. Jonghyun then sat next to me. He is one of the kingka's in school. Probably because he is like fricking hot. Everyone says we should become a couple, that we are perfect together, and well, he always flirts with me, and I really like him too! I just don't think that I like him enough to fall in love. I think we are better off as friends. But maybe I'm just being stupid, as if I'm expecting true love out of a high school romance. The point is, I'm still having doubts, which is why I'm keeping it as casual flirting.
"Hey baby, how were your lessons? Did you miss me?" He asked in his own special flirty way. "You know I did, don't you? There was nobody to make me hungry with all your cheesiness." I answered and regretted it immediately. Seriously, how lame was that! Not like he will like me less because of what I said, but still, he might tease me with it later on. He just smirked and went on with lunch.
I took a bite as well, but before I could take another bite, Nana sat down next to me and started talking. "Lizzy, I need your help! I think Eunhyuk is cheating on me!" She said with desperation in her voice. "What? Why would you think that? It is so obvious that he loves you so much. I don't think he'll ever cheat on you!" I reassured her. "It's just, he's been so secretive lately!" She said. "Still, he might have a very good reason for it, maybe he is just planning a big surprise!" I said. "You're right, thank you so much, Lizzy! How are things with you and Jonghyun?" She then asked. "You're welcome, and stop it, nothing’s going on between us." I said. "Aawh, really babe, I thought we had something special going on!" Jonghyun suddenly said. "You shouldn't eavesdrop, meanie!" I retorted. "I'll leave you to it!" Nana said with a knowing smirk. I rolled my eyes, why won't people ever stop! If we were really meant for each other, we will work it out together, without interference.
Luckily the bell soon rang, to signal lunch was over. I had physics, without any of my friends, so I never really liked it. Also, it's difficult! I sat down on my usual seat, almost in the front, right behind that nerdy Myungsoo. I really had to pay attention. The teacher came in and he started the lesson right away. "Hello class! From now on we will be working in couples, to do a couple of assignments. You will also have to write a paper about it, which will have to be in your own time. You will work with your seatmate. Lizzy and Myungsoo, since you are both alone, you can work together." He said. I shot Myungsoo a dirty look and he glared back at me. We really don't like each other, and now we have to work together? Alright, I'll just try to be nice and work hard. I really need a good grade for this thing.
Soon enough school was over and I was walking to the bus, with Jonghyun. Jungah usually takes the same bus, but she was still talking with Dongwoon.
"Lizzy, I was thinking, I'm really dying for a smoothie over here! Shall we go grab one? Together?" Jonghyun asked me. I thought about it for a bit.
I'm still not too sure about my feelings for him, but I really love smoothies, and I could just do this with a friend. I really don't want to give him the wrong idea though.
In the end my love for smoothies won, so we went to get smoothies.
"Lizzy, you have to help me, pick a taste for me!" Jonghyun practically begged.
"You should totally take funky monkey, you know, cause you're a monkey too!" I giggled.
He pouted slightly, but it soon turned into a big grin. "Alright, but then you have to take strawberry sunshine, cause you are sweet like a strawberry and you're my own private sunshine!" He said and then ordered them. I couldn't help but blush at his words, it is quite sweet. Maybe I should give him a chance. Then again, who knows to how many girls he already said that? I can't really trust him, so I'll just keep it cool again.
He came back with our smoothies and I took it with a little smile.
"Can I have a taste of yours?" Jonghyun said with his famous puppy dog eyes. I nodded and he came a lot closer to take a sip of my smoothie. "It tastes delicious, like you probably do too." He said with a suggestive wink. My eyes widened and I gasped.
"Jongyun, how could you say that?" I whined while lightly hitting his arm. He said bad things before, but this was too much.
"It really wasn't that hard to say! Naawh, I'm kidding, I would never treat you that way." I nodded, but I still wasn't too sure. We made a bit of small talk while we finished our smoothies and then I went home. I had fun, it was nice being together, but I'm still not sure if I want to be more than friends. Oh well, it's not like I have to decide right now. Time to start my homework.