Chapter 3

The rhytm of love

I was walking to the bus stop. Shopping with my After School girls yesterday was so much fun! I got a bunch of new clothes, and a really cute headband. I can't wear my new clothes today, cause we wear school uniforms, but I did put on my cute headband today. I wonder if Jonghyun is going to say anything about it. If he does, he gets extra points. I decided to make a point system, to help me make up my mind. He get points for every nice thing that he does, and he gets points deducted for being mean. If he hits a hundred points, he is my boyfriend, if he hits minus fifty, he wont. For sure. But it's not only about what he does, also how I feel. If he doesn't do anything, but I feel good, then he gets points, if I feel really awkward and uncomfortable around him, well, he will lose points. Simple as that. Right now he is at 20 points. For the whole breakfast thing yesterday. Anyway, the bus came and I got on, walking to Jungah, to do our air kiss.
"You're wearing your headband!" She squealed.
"I know, I love it so much!" I squealed back.
I sat down next to her, and I told her my worries about having to work together with Myungsoo. I really don't think this is gonna work, especially if he doesn't even make time to arrange a time to work on it.
"Maybe something was going on yesterday, just talk to him again today, during a lesson or something, so he can't walk away." I nodded, it was a wise advice. The bus stopped again and Jonghyun stepped in. He walked straight towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, making me feel very uncomfortable. Minus 2 points.
"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" I asked him.
"Proving everyone on this bus here that I love you." He answered. That IS kind of cute, 2 points back up.
"Well, don't, it makes me feel awkward, we're not even a real couple." I said, embarrassed.
"Yet." He added smirking. I just scoffed and turned back to my conversation with Jungah, feeling slightly disappointed that he didn't notice my headband. My first lesson just so happened to be physics, so I decided to confront Myungsoo right away.
I walked inside the classroom, to find almost everyone there, except Myungsoo. My determined mood changed into an annoyed one, who does he think he is? Being late like that.
The lesson started, and I was getting seriously annoyed. Just when I'm so determined to talk to him, he doesn't show up. Does he even take this project seriously? So annoying. Whatever, I needed to pay attention to the teacher, or I would really have a problem.
We were about halfway through the lesson when the door opened, and guess who decided to join us? Stupid nerd Myungsoo.
"Mianhae for being late!" He said while bowing to the teacher, who just nodded. He went to take his seat and get out his book while I glared at him. He didn't notice though, he was far too busy with getting something out of his bag, a little cotton rag, or that's what it looks like anyway. Soon it became obvious what it was, since he took off his glasses and used the rag to clean them. I looked at his face for a split second, and was surprised how different he looked without those big nerdy glasses. He actually looked kind of.. hot? No! Of course not, this is Myungsoo were talking about. He will never be hot, he just looked a little less nerdy and ugly without his glasses. But only a little.
The teacher went out for a bit to get a coffee or something, and I decided that this would be the perfect moment for me to ask Myungsoo when he had time.
"Yah, Myungsoo, we still have to work on the projects, and I think it's good if we plan it." I said. He turned around, looking not very happy.
"I know, but I don't have a lot of free time, like, ever." He answered.
"What's got you so busy? Like a job or something? You should just take up a free day or something, this is important!" I said, slightly annoyed.
"Sort of yeah, I'll ask this afternoon okay?" He said. I nodded. What did he mean with 'sort of'? Is he some kind of gangster? Still, his gang can probably miss him for one day. The teacher came back and the lesson continued, I had arts class right after, but the teacher was ill, so we had to work for ourselves, I worked on my version of a rather famous painting from Franz Marc, except I did it with crayons instead of paint. I was so concentrated on it, that I didn't notice the time passing and I was really startled when the bell rang. I quickly cleaned up my stuff and went to the canteen to have lunch. I was the last of After School to arrive, but they saved a spot for me, next to Jungah.
"So, did you confront him yet?" She asked me.
"Myungsoo? Yeah I did. He has 'sort of' a job, but he's gonna ask for a day off." I answered.
"Sort of? What does that mean?" She asked.
"I don't know, he's probably a gangster or something like that." I said. She started laughing.
"Really? That nerd in a gang? I can't even imagine that! He probably had to go home to his mummy." She said. I laughed along.
"You're right, how could he be a gangster?" I said, laughing loudly. The bell rang again, and I quickly stuffed the rest of my food in my mouth, before leaving to go to P.E. lessons. I had this with all of After School, so I liked it. Also, I don't mind sporting, it feels good to let your body move.
Anyway, we got changed and went to the field, we had to run track today.
"Girls first, so come over here." The teacher called out, so we went to the start line. I was right in between Kahi unnie and Nana unnie, and they both didn't look very determined to win. Neither was I, but I was going to try my hardest, because I love the feeling when you're running so fast, that it feels like you're flying. Makes me forget about everything else, and I love to have some quiet time in my head sometimes.
The start signal went, and I started sprinting, only fifteen steps though, then I got into a pace which I thought I could keep up for quite a while. I quickly left Nana and Kahi behind, they were fast, but not as fast as me. I was almost halfway, and currently fourth place. Apparently most girls didn't want to give their all. Or I was just better. I started to feel the pain in my legs, but I kept going, trying my all to show everyone to not underestimate me. I heard Jonghyun cheering for me and it felt good. I was almost at the end, and in the process of overtaking someone. I started sprinting for the end and as soon as I passed the line I heard cheering. I ran on for a little bit, but much slower, to give my body time to stop. Then I sat down on the ground, breathing heavily. Jonghyun walked towards me with a bottle of water, while the rest was slowly finishing as well.
"You did great! I never knew you could run so fast!" He complimented me. I smiled back, still too out of breathe to talk. Anyway, ten points extra. For the cheering, and bringing me water and stuff. So 30 points in total.
"Good job girls! Now it's time for the boys, come to the start please." The teacher said. I gave Jonghyun a hwaiting, then he went to the start line. I watched the guys run, Jonghyun was really slow. Like, slower than me. He loses 5 points for that, I like sporty guys. What surprised me most was how fast Myungsoo was running. He was right in front of everyone. Maybe he was a gangster anyway, just a bad one, so he had to run away a lot. That would explain why he's so fast. He ended first, and he didn't even seem really tired. How weird is that?
I looked to my right, where Jungah was cheering loudly for Dongwoon, who came second. Jonghyun came in almost last, I was kind of disappointed.
 
The rest of the week went fast, and before I knew it, it was weekend. I went to the park with Nana, strolling, and enjoying the nice weather.
"How are things with Eunhyuk now?" I asked her.
"Great, you were right, he did have a surprise for me, he made a song for me, completely with dance and stuff. It was really cute!" She said.
"Yaaay! I told you it would be fine!" I said to her.
"And you were right once again!" She chuckled.
We walked a bit further to see a crowd standing around 7 guys dancing. One of them seemed kind of familiar.
"Hey! I know that guy! He's in Eunhyuks class!" Nana said full of enthusiasm.
"Do you think they are upcoming idols?" I asked her.
"Omo! They might be! That would mean we will soon have a celebrity in school!" She squealed. I squealed along. Celebrities are awesome! She then got a call from Eunhyuk, so she left me all alone. I walked all the way home, even though it was more than an hour long walk. I put my ipod on shuffle, and did a few dance steps along the way, while smiling in the sun.

 

A/N

@-iChristineh, Thank you sooo much for your comment, you have no idea how much it meant to me! <3