Chapter 4

The rhytm of love
I was getting my books out of my locker when suddenly my eyes were covered.
"Guess who?" A male voice whispered in my ear. I knew it was Jonghyun, but I wanted to a bit.
 "Euhm, Myungsoo oppa?" I said. He hates Myungsoo even more than I do.
 "What? Since when are you close with him? And why do you call him oppa, and not me?" Jonghyun whined as he turned me around.
 "I'm just kidding, Jonghyun! I never even really speak to him, I knew it was you." I laughed.
 "Still, you should call me oppa!" He pleaded. "Alright, Jonghyun oppa." I said. He smiled widely.
 "Thank you, lovely Lizzy! I'll walk you to class." He said. So he walked me to physics and then left. I took my side, waiting for Myungsoo, so I could ask him when we could work on the project. Time was ticking and everyone had started already. Except for us. The lesson started and that stupid Myungsoo was still not here. I waited and tried to pay attention. Not very successfully, I might add. I wish I had his number, so I could text him to ask where he is. Ew, of course I don't want his number, I hate him. Sort of.
 
 The lesson ended and he still hadn't shown up! The next lesson passed in a blur of irritation. It's not like I miss him or anything. I just want to know when we can work on our physics project. Lunch break came and I told all my worries to Kahi unnie. You know, about not finishing the physics project on time. It felt good to whine for a while. She also gave me some good advice, like, if he's still not there in the next lesson, tell the teacher. After lunch I had math, with Raina and Myungsoo, if that nerd would show up. It's really weird actually, nerds are usually always at school. He is almost never present, lately. And when he is, he didn't finish his homework. More proof for my gangster theory. Anyways, Raina and I were early, and as soon as we walked in the classroom, I saw Myungsoo sitting there. He had his arms crossed and his head on the table, almost looking like he was sleeping.
 "Hold on Raina, I have to talk to Myungsoo about our physics project, okay?" I said. She nodded. I walked to Myungsoo. He lifted his head and I could see the bags under his eyes, he looked REALLY tired. Maybe not the best time to tackle him about our physics project, but I needed to do that anyway.
 "Hi, euhm, have you asked your job already if you can have any free time?" I asked him. He nodded.
 "Yeah, this Saturday, is that okay for you?" He asked.
 "Yeah, perfectly fine! How about ten o'clock? In the library or something?" I suggested.
 "Perfect!" He announced. I nodded.
 "Well, I'll be off then.." I said awkwardly. He nodded and I turned to walk away, but right before I actually took a step, I changed my mind.
 "Myungsoo, are you okay?" I asked, being nice to him for the first time ever. He looked rather surprised too.
 "I'm fine, just tired, but thanks for worrying." He said, smiling slightly. I nodded.
 "Sleep well then, and take care." I said. He nodded again and I really walked away this time. Raina gave me a weird look, but all I could think about was how awful Myungsoo had looked. I sat down next to Raina, and I couldn't help but glance at Myungsoo. He had his head down again, and his eyes closed. Maybe his gangster life was too hard for him. It's just, he doesn't seem like a gangster. My train of thoughts was suddenly broken when the teacher started the lesson. I listened carefully, cause I had some trouble last night, making the homework. He spent the whole lesson explaining the homework. When it ended, my day was over. Most of my classmates still had lessons, but I was really lucky and I ended early. I decided to enjoy the weather and walk home. I put on my awesome flowery sunglasses and started the walk. As soon as I left the gates I saw Myungsoo getting in a big black van. It didn't seem very gangsterlike, but who knows. I didn't pay much attention to it, and just continued my walk home.
 
 The week passed in a blur and before I knew it, it was saturday, time for the physics assignment. It was a rainy day, so I took the bus to the library. I waited at the sheltered entrance when the same black van arrived. The door opened and Myungsoo came out.
 "Bye hyungs!" He shouted inside the car, which seemed rather full. I then noticed his clothes, this was the first time I saw him without his schooluniform, and he looked sort of good. He has style you know. And not gangster style either. Maybe I was wrong about that. I'll ask him later.
 "Hi." He said calmly. He looked much better, not as tired.
 "Hi, you look better." I said. He watched me with a really weird look on his face.
 "I mean, less tired, healthier." I explained. He nodded, and his face returned to normal.
 "So, let's go in and get started!" He exclaimed cheerfully. So he really is a nerd, loving the prospect of doing a physics project. Or maybe he's just in a good mood, he seems happy. Anyway, we went inside and got a nice table. We started on the projects, and our team work was actually quite good. He did all the difficult math things, and I did all the writing down of what we did, with little drawings. We soon finished the first experiment.
 "Yay, only 2 more to go!" Myungsoo cheered.
 "Yeah! But that's only what we have to do for next week, in total we have to do like 15 of them." I said.
 "Aissh, so much work! Let's get lunch first, cause I'm hungry, and then work even harder on the next!" He suggested. I instantly agreed.
 "Yes, please! I'm hungry too!" I said. We went out to a noodle shop, and got a bowl of delicious noodles.
 "Hmm, this is soo good!" He said.
 "Mine are even better." I quickly said. He narrowed his eyes playfully.
 "I don't believe you." He said and quickly took a bite of mine.
 "Yah! Myungsoo! Why are you stealing my noodles?" I yelled at him.
 "To taste them, and mine taste better." He replied. This time I was the one to narrow my eyes and I took a bite from his noodles.
 "Yours are good to, but mine are better." I said with a straight face.
 "Are you kidding me, they are like, exactly the same!" He exclaimed. I couldn't hold on my straight face anymore and started laughing.
 "You should have seen the look on your face." I laughed. He pouted slightly while I calmed down.
 "I never expected to have fun with you." I told him honestly.
 "Yeah, me neither, I thought you were some kind of arrogant brat." He said while rubbing the back of his neck.
 "I thought you were an annoying nerd who didn't know how to have any fun." I admitted.
 "I know, that's kind of how I behave at school. But I don't have time to do lots of homework and study for tests, so I have to take it all in during the lessons." He explained.
 "That actually does make sense, is it because of your 'job'?" I asked him. He just nodded.
 "What is your job then?" I asked him curiously.
 "I can't tell you, sorry." He said with a straight face.
 "Are you a gangster?" I then asked him seriously.
 "What? NO! Why would you think that?" He asked while laughing loudly. I blushed.
 "Just a wild guess." I muttered, embarrassed.
 "Well, it was a really wild one! But let's not hate each other anymore." He suggested. I nodded while slowly chewing the last of my noodles.
 "Alright, and let's get back to work now." I said after swallowing. He swallowed his last bite too, and we went back to the library.
 
 We quickly got back to work and finished the second experiment after two hours of work.
 "Yaay!" I cheered. He smiled.
 "Aish, it's already three o'clock! We really have to hurry." He said stressed out.
 "What time do you have to be done?" I asked him.
 "My euhm, hyung is here to pick me up at five o'clock." He answered.
 "Well, let's start on the next one then!" I encouraged. We did the last one in only an hour.
 "Oohyeaah! We are DONE!" I exclaimed cheerfully!"
 "Yeaaah! And the rain has stopped, which is really good news for me!" He cheered.
 "Why?" I asked him, suspiciously.
 "Euhm, because I don't like rain?" He said uncertainly. I decided to let it slide.
 "I'll walk you home." He said.
 "You don't have to, I'll be perfectly fine!" I said.
 "I want to, this is my only free hour for a long time, and I really want to walk in the sun, but alone is so boring, can I please walk you home?" He pleaded. I was just about to give in when my phone rang.
 "Yoboseyo!" I answered.
 "Lizzy! This is Kahi, do you wanna go to the park with me? The weather is lovely and I don't want to waste it! Please?" She said.
 "Sure, I'm at the library now, so see you there in about twenty minutes?" I suggested.
 "Perfect! See you soon!" She said and hung up.
 "Change of plans, I'm going to the park." I said.
 "Then I'll walk you there! It's better for me too, I just have to tell hyung to pick me up there instead." He said.
 I agreed and listened while he talked on the phone.
 "Hyung, can you pick me up at the park? ... Sure! ... Ok, see you then!" He said to his hyung.
 "It's all taken care of!" He smiled at me.
 "Let's go then!" I smiled back.
 We left the library and walked while talking and laughing. I had not see this coming, but I could actually see him becoming a friend once. Not yet, but maybe if we hang out a bit more..
 When we were almost there Kahi called again.
 "Hurry up! There is this scary black van just waiting here and I'm a little bit scared." She said.
 "Don't worry, I'm almost there, see you in less than 5 minutes, hold on unnie!" I reassured her. We hung up.
 "Come on, let's hurry, Kahi unnie is scared, there's a black van at the entrance." I told Myungsoo. He nodded and we soon arrived at the park, where I saw Kahi. I ran towards her and gave her a hug. She jumped a bit, but calmed down as soon as she realized it was me.
 "Annyeong unnie! Here I am!" I said while smiling brightly. She let out a big breath.
 "I'm so glad you're here, I was getting really scared of those dudes in the van." She said. She pointed at the van and used her other hand to brush some locks of hair from her face. I looked the way she pointed, and saw indeed a big black van just standing there. But what surprised me most was that Myungsoo was standing right in front of it. He even opened the door and got in, and I could swear I heard someone scream 'L!' Which doesn't make sense, since there isn't any L in his name.
 "Lizzy! Are you still here with your mind?" Kahi unnie suddenly said, which brought me right down to earth.
"Yes, of course unnie!" I quickly said, trying not to look flustered when I realized I had been staring at the street, even though the van was long gone.
"Good, so what were you doing with Myungsoo, of all people?" She asked me.
The rest of the afternoon was spent with me telling her all about the day I had just spent.
 
A/N
Do any of you guys have a wild guess what Myungoo’s ‘job’ is?