Chapter 5

The rhytm of love
Next Monday when I got back to school, I wasn't quite sure whether I should greet Myungsoo or not. I mean, I've never greeted him before, but we did kind of bond this weekend. I didn't really have to worry though, he didn't even spare me a glance. I sat down on my usual seat next to Raina and we started gossiping a bit. Then the teacher came in and we all quieted down.
"Good morning class, I have a few announcements to make. First of all, we have a new pupil, and I want you all to be nice. Please welcome Kim Kibum." He said. A handsome guy with dark brown hair and purple streaks came in.
"Hello! I would like you all to call me Key, I like that better." He said, then he sat down in front of me, cause that was the only free seat left.
"Then another announcement, we are leaving for a camping trip tomorrow, sorry for the short notice, but it wasn't planned long ago. We will stay there for a week." Our teacher said. I gasped and looked Raina straight in the eye. Immediately we started gossiping about what clothes to take. As soon as the lesson ended we got out of the classroom and Raina was talking to the new guy, Key. I looked around and saw Myungsoo talking urgently on the phone. I dunno what that's about, but it's not my business anyway. We went to the canteen and introduced Key to everyone. Jonghyun was especially nice to him, which made me slightly proud. Usually he was rude to new people, but I guess my social talents rubbed off a bit. The day passed in a frenzy of excited gossip and girls planning what to wear (And guys planning which girl they should hit on). I was really looking forward to it! I rushed home and packed my bags, before sleeping early so I would be well rested on the trip.
 
I woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning and took a quick shower before getting dressed and going downstairs for breakfast. I quickly ate and before I knew it, it was 5 o'clock and time for me to leave. I ran upstairs to get my bag, and give my parents a kiss, while they were still sleeping, then ran downstairs again and opened the door just in time to see Jungah coming around the corner. I waved and together we started walking, since it was too early for the busses to ride. We were just talking about all our wild plans when we reached the next meeting point, where we would meet Jonghyun. We were early, so we waited for 5 minutes, until he showed up with Key.
"Annyeong! Key lives around here too, so I invited him along." Jonghyun said. We all nodded and continued our walk, soon reaching the meeting point, from where we would leave. I quickly walked to my after school unnies, who were already there. It was obvious that most of us are not our most active in the mornings, so we just stood there, yawning occasionally. Soon enough the bus arrived, and I sat next to Nana unnie, who fell asleep on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Jonghyun sleeping peacefully on Key's shoulder, and Key smiling happily while looking outside. I looked around the bus and saw almost everyone sleeping, except for the teachers, and, all the way up front, I could see Myungsoo being awake, sitting next to some guy I barely know. Sung-something was his name. I quickly got bored with looking around, but I was wide awake, so sleep wasn't an option either. I looked around in my bag and found my ipod, which I softly, before laying my head on the window and looking outside. I yawned and could slowly feel my eyes closing, until I fell asleep.
 
Nana unnie woke me up a couple of hours later, when we arrived at the camping place. When I stepped out the bus I could just feel that the air was different, and it felt great.
"Lizzy-yah, we have to make groups of three for the cabins, do you want to be with me and Raina?" Nana unnie asked me.
 "Sure, sounds like fun!" I instantly agreed. We chose one of the cabins that was on the edge, with only one other cabin that you could look into. Most of the other cabins had open windows on all the sides, so we were lucky with just one. The other sides had a view of the sea and a little forest. We went outside to find all the others, but we immediately ran into a teacher, who told us to meet in the middle of the camp. So we did and got a lecture about how we were not allowed to use drugs, and breakfast was every morning at 8, stuff like that. Then they told us the plans for today. First, we had to think of a group name for our cabin and write in on a piece of carton, and decorate it the way we like, and after that we had a little treasure hunt. So we trotted back to our cabin and started thinking of a name.
"Something cute, and original." Nana decided.
"Orange! We all are wearing orange clothes now!" I shouted, pointing at our orange shirts.
"Let's do Orange Caramel!" Raina suggested, and Nana and I instantly agreed. So Nana wrote it down neatly, while Raina and I started drawing next to it, giving it our own personal touch. The teacher came by and complimented our work.
"Great job girls! You can hang it on the inside of the window, and on the back you can write your names, everyone who gets into your cabin and write their name there, and at the end of the week, the person who went in most cabins wins a prize. When you're done, you can come for lunch." He instructed. We nodded and finished it quickly.
 
After lunch we got divided into two groups, my group had to write down our names on a piece of paper, and put it into a big bowl. The other group had to pick a name from that same bowl. I watched closely as Jonghyun oppa took a piece of paper. I mean, we are sort of dating, it would be great if we could do all of this together!
"My partner is Key!" Jonghyun said out loud. I sighed in disappointment, and watched as they got all the necessities of the treasure hunt. The next one was Raina, and I hoped that she would pick me, cause we would have so much fun together!
"My partner is Sungyeol." She said. I sighed again, there weren't much fun people left. The guy who was sitting with Myungsoo stood up and left with Raina unnie. I got lost in thoughts until I heard my own name being called. I looked up and met eyes with Myungsoo. Oh well, it could have been worse. We got a map and followed the path to the river. I instantly spotted a plastic bottle with a note in it. Myungsoo saw it too and got it out of the water.
"Follow the river upstream, until you feel rocks under your feet on the riverbed. There you will find the next clue." Myungsoo read out loud.
"So I guess that means that we have to walk in the water right?" I said. He nodded and took off his shoes.
"Let's go!" He said and stepped into the river when my shoes were off too.
"Yah, Myungsoo! That's downstream!" I yelled before he could go any further the wrong way.
"Hehe, I knew that." He said while awkwardly scratching the back off his neck. We started walking the right way, and everything went well until Myungsoo slipped on a pebble and fell in the water. I started laughing so hard, even though I felt kind of bad for him. It was just one of these moments when you can't help but laugh, you know?
"Yah! It's not funny!" Myungsoo said while pouting. I chuckled a bit before extending my arm to help him up. He gladly accepted while he stood up, until he slipped down again, and dragged me down with him. I screamed and laughed at the same time, until I realized that we were now both soaking wet, with me lying on top of him, and our faces just centimeters apart. I gulped and looked him straight in the eye, where I saw something that I cannot describe. I quickly tried to get up, but while standing up, I twisted my ankle and fell down again. This time Myungsoo was the one laughing. He stood up and offered me his hand.
"Come on, get up, let's go on." He said with a soft voice. I took his hand and tried to get up, but my ankle was twisted badly, and I couldn't stand on it.
"You go on, I'll just crawl back, my ankle is really painful." I said. His eyes widened.
“As if I would actually let you do that, come on, get on my bag, I’ll carry you back.” He said. Now my eyes were the ones widening. I just stared at him until he rolled his eyes and picked me up bridal style. Jonghyun oppa never does stuff like this! Anyway, he carried me back to the camp, where I was taken care of by the nurses. He sat on a chair next to me for a bit, until one of the teachers asked him to help collect wood for a campfire tonight. I can’t wait, I loooovee campfires!
 
Soon enough we were sitting in a circle around the campfire. I was sitting between Kahi unnie and Myungsoo, because he carried me here. Some dude brought a guitar, and we were all singing along, and while sitting next to Myungsoo, I could hear that he had a really good voice. Like seriously, he should consider being an idol or something! Soon enough most people left and we were playing Truth or Dare.
“Lizzy, Truth or Dare?” Uee unnie asked me.
“I’ll probably regret this, but Dare please.” I answered.
“Alright, give Myungsoo a kiss on his cheek.” She said. I instantly blushed, but did it anyway, and I realized he smelled kind of.. nice? Whatever.
“Key oppa, Truth or Dare?” I asked, going on with the game.
“Truth!” He chose happily.
“Is there any girl that has caught your eyes already?” I asked him. He started laughing.
“Aniyo! But there is a guy who has.” He answered, very truthfully.
“Key oppa, are you gay?!” Raina unnie screamed.
“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” Key answered defensively.
“Aniyo! Will you be my gay best friend?” She answered sweetly, to which he immediately agreed. We all laughed and continued the game.