Chapter IX

Living in Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

flashback

 

"Jess," Tiffany holds both of Jessica's hand, gently caressing it. "I didn't expect this, really, but I'm in love with you."

Jessica's reaction turns into shock that it seems that what Tiffany just said is too much for her to take.

"Tiff - heh - A...are you out of your mind? You in love with me...?" She tries to laugh it off.

Tiffany's head hangs low, shy and embarassed. Not letting go of Jessica's delicate hands she whispers: "I am out of  my mind if that means I love you and I want you."

Jessica sighs, smiling. In the back of her mind she feels sad, she feels bad because she knows she can't see herself with Tiffany in that level. Jessica's feeling towards Tiffany is more than being girlfriends, far more than bestfriends, but more like family. They're like Moms to each other, like sisters--more like twins that can't really take it when they're apart.

"Tiffany Hwang. I love you, too -- you know that, right? You're perfect. You're my partner. You're my mom, my manager, my all!! Tiffany, I don't wanna lose you... I can't imagine losing you."

Tiffany's tears finally fall. Her shoulders trembling, she grips Jessica's hand much tighter now.

"I love you...so much, Tiffany. I...I-"

"I get it." Tiffany sniffs. "We're not on the same page, right?"

Jessica nods sadly. Her eyebrows wrinkle. She nervously gulps, hoping her tears will hold back from falling. Looking at Tiffany's trembling body makes her weak. "Come here."

Jessica pulls Tiffany in to a hug. Tiffany just melts into Jessica's body. "Shush," Jessica whimpers. "Nothing will ever change. You still got me and I still got you."

Tiffany contemplates. Jessica became a large part of her. And if she'll push what she wants she may end up losing her world -- and her mind for that matter.

"Jessi, I will love you with every piece of me. Always remember that," Tiffany gently pulls away from the hug, holding Jessica in her waist as she says: "I will always be here for you. I won't even think twice if I see you get hurt -- I'll get you. I got you."

Now, Jessica is the one who has her head low, crying and trembling.

"I don't wanna lose you as well, Jessi. I'll die. If I can't keep you mine as a girlfriend, I'll keep you mine like this. No expectations, just love. Your happiness is my happiness."

Jessica just nods smiling. She's sad, happy, and thankful for the fact that Tiffany is understanding like this. "I'm sorry, Tiff. I love you. I love you."

"Don't be silly. I always knew you have a big crush on me, Jessica Jung."

"Yah!"

Tiffany hugs her again, she smiles as her heart breaks. Maybe hugging Jessica can glue her heart again. "I love you. Don't ever change after this silly confession or I'll break you face."

"I won't. I promise. I love you."

"I love you most.. most-est, my big baby."

 end of flashback

 

[JESSICA POV]

Tiffany and I love to visit the club. I don't enjoy the dancing part, though. I just love watching Tiffany pour herself out dancing and playing around with people. Yep, the club's her playground. This is the first time for me and Taeyeon -- and Yuri -- to be at a club together. I wonder how she behaves here. She was behaving so weird at the restaurant almost trying to shove to my face that I'm dating Tiffany -- in which I am not. She definitely knows how to annoy me.

Tiffany gets the VIP table. I told her I would love to be in a couch so I can rest while she play. As soon as we get to our spot I throw myself into the comfy, velvet couch. "Ahh! Couch! Thanks, Tiff. I'll be able to sleep here."

"We did not come here and get the VIP table to sleep, moron." She lights one of her mints as I call her cigarettes. She glares at me jokingly that I'm trying to resist myself not to poke her eyes. 

"I hope you burn you lips." 

"I'll burn your hair. Go bald." She teases and turns her attention from me to Taeyeon and Yuri that looks like it's the first time they've been to a club. 

I am really happy to see Taeyeon doing well. I did hope Yuri will stay by her side when I left the country. And I feel really happy seeing Yuri, again. It brought back so many memories. I feel bad for cutting contacts with her, I shouldn't have. But I feel like leaving behind some stuff upon stepping into a new chapter. Because, yeah, I was hurt -- well, disappointed.

"Ready to burn your throat, Jessica?" Tiffany boasts as she finishes ordering tons of alcohol to drown our livers.

"Yeah, I'll turn your house to ashes after."

Yuri and Taeyeon's giggles distract us, they're oggling about the waiter serving us - so Tiffany interrupts, "So, yeah, lovebirds, how about we dance?"

"Lovebirds?!" Taeyeon's mouth drops. She looks so funny!

"Yeah. 'Cause you keep whispering to one another. That's one of my signs of dating." Tiffany laughs and looks at me as she raises her eyebrows, teasing.

"You said you almost dated Jessica, what happened?" A sudden playback of memories from waaaay back plays in my head when Yuri shoots the question. It became a funny memory for me and Tiffany. It was a silly confession. I love Tiffany but it's not the love that would work out for a relationship.

"Well. Jessica was my roommate at that time. She was my one and only friend. I really did fell in love with her at some point of our friendship. I wanted to really date her. We talked it out and we thought we're far more than girlfriends. We're family."

"Yeah, family. She's either the worst or the best thing that ever happened to my 'family'." I let out a fake growl as we glare at each other. Yuri laughs and Taeyeon zones out. Seriously, this girl has achieved the highest level of zoning out -- especially today.

Tiffany drags Yuri out the dance floor since Taeyeon won't budge. "I'll stay here and look at your things...go, play." Taeyeon shoos the girls.

I suddenly feel awkward. Hello, I am alone with T-A-E-Y-E-O-N. I definitely want to hear her answer from what I asked from earlier before I left for Tiffany but I wouldn't want to spoil the night.

 

I am keeping my eye on our bags and Taeyeon whose taking shot after shot. I can handle but can she? Minho has been going back and forth our table serving vodka shots and tequila bombs. Tiffany and Yuri just play along so well. I think Tiff just found her best buddy in terms of clubbing. I am laughing here at my seat just watching the both of them hitting on other people. Didn't expect Yuri to be very charming among girls as well.

I keep on glancing at Taeyeon and there are times where we'll catch each other looking. I bet she's definitely feeling tipsy now. She can't even open her eyes that much. She didn't even notice that she's spilling vodka and I even had to wipe her chin! She's clumsy, yes even before, but she's more clumsy now. I bet Yuri had hard times drinking with this girl. She's still a kid.

I am waiting for the set of new shots to be served when this kid beside me asks as she takes the last shot of vodka: "Why don't you join 'em, instead of watching them?"

"Taeyeon, I don't dance." I smile. I would like to that she can join Yul and Tiff on the dance floor since she's already swaying in her seat.

"You doooo!" I shake my head as Taeyeon insists. I am watching Minho serves shots again. Yes, I can dance. I'm best in doing waves, y'know.

Minho gives me a shot of vodka mix, "Yeah, once. With you." Oh, I don't know how burnt my throat is as of now.

"Yeah, I remem..." Taeyeon trails off and zones out - again! I bet she remembered that night at prom. We played there a little. She was even wearing suit and tie in high heels. I don't know how can a girl be so y, gorgeous and handsome at the same time. I even "Taeyeon-o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter