Chapter X

Living in Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Please don't cry." Jessica mumbles in her sleep. Her eyes flutters open as sun shines on it. It slowly feels so warm upon the touch of sun rays on her skin. She feels arms are still around her. Expecting to wake up greeting a pair of familiar orbs, she wakes up inside the arms of...

"Krystal?!"

Well, it is way too familiar.

"Annyeong, unnie. I'm not crying, though."

She's greeted by Krystal's bubbly face. Jessica wiggles out of her sister's embrace, embarassed and dissapointed, she pretends to dust off her body. "Yah! What are you doing here? Where's everybody?"

"I'm here!" Tiffany shouts from the living area while approaching the bedroom with a glass of water in hand. It's just a quick walk-trip from the kitchen.

"Here. You must be thirsty. I called Soojung."

"Why did you even," she gets the glass from Tiffany then turns to Krystal. "Yah, Soojung-ah. Don't you have classes today?"

"I don't have," Krystal fidgets on her phone. "Unnie, What were you dreaming of? Who's crying in your dreams?"

Jessica stops gulping almost instantly, almost choking. Was that a dream? She's pretty sure it isn't. Recollecting the pieces of last night -- it's real. It has to be. To her it was the real-est -- if there's such a word. She never saw Taeyeon in that state. The feeling was like she removed Taeyeon's mask and found Taeyeon -- the real Kim Taeyeon, the vulnerable Taeyeon, the one she truly loves. Nonetheless, it was her Taeyeon.

"Tiffany. Where are they?" She drinks to the last drop then puts the glass aside.

"Who?" Krystal curiously butts in.

"Aish, stop Soojung." She shots death glare to Krystal.

"They left by 7am. They have work. Taeyeon said she tried to wake you up but you just won't move." Tiffany answers while also into her phone in the bed.

Jessica scratches her head. Frustrated. She could've given Taeyeon a goodbye hug or something. She didn't even see the girl leaving. She plunges back to bed. Sighs. Re-living last night's episode, she closes her eyes and drifts to her daydream.

Just thinking of being in Taeyeon's arms again makes Jessica feels at ease. It feels like home. It's where she belongs. It makes her feel like running to Taeyeon now and just drown in Taeyeon's embrace and be peppered with sloppy kisses. But it's never that easy. Knowing Kim Taeyeon? She borrows braveness from her excuses.

But, Jessica can. Jessica can run to her if she wants to. It just that she is worrying how Taeyeon is handling the situation right now. Taeyeon might be overthinking now-- or she is the one overthinking now. Taeyeon might even push her away again if she's too careless. There's always pros and cons when you know a person too well.

She wonders if Taeyeon was too drunk to remember what happened last night, though. Will she ever bring that up? Or is it just going to be another drunk-dream?

"Jessica, why do you keep your old phone. This one's like... obsolete." Tiffany has Jessica's old iphone in her hands. She found it on the bed stand.

"Yah," Jessica snatches it fast. "I just...have to get things in here and throw it after."

Disappointed. There's not a single text from Taeyeon yet.

 

*


"Headache?"

"Really bad." Taeyeon turns her head slightly to Yuri. Her headache is not mainly hang-over but it's also because of all day's work. Despite the uneasiness, she still manages to do computer works.

"You got up pretty early. Did you even sleep?" Yuri pulls a chair and sits opposite Taeyeon's desk. They're on their lunch break at work. So much to do already, Taeyeon just met a bunch of new chefs and did an orientation. The cafe just opened a few more branches across the city. Being the pioneers, Sunny (CEO-nim) appointed Taeyeon and Yuri to train the newcomers. She never complained. She thinks work is an escape from her thoughts. Especially now that her thoughts are clouded with Jessica's face.

"I did. It was too cold. I was just in my undies."

"How was it?"

Taeyeon shoots a confused face. "What was? Being in my undies? Yeah. I thought I was gonna have pneumonia."

"No. You know..." Yuri traces Taeyeon's arms up and down, teasing. "Jessica."

"What?!" Taeyeon swats Yuri's hand away with disgust. "What are you talking about, Yul!"

"I was just kidding!! Lucky you I was so w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter