Chapter XII

Living in Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Her steps are silent but she's running towards dimly lit hallway. Jessica, in her pyjamas and bunny slippers, drove all the way to Taeyeon's apartment.

Her tears on the edge of her eyes, she scans the numbers plastered on the doors until she reads '309'.

Jessica frantically presses the bell and nervously knocks hard on the door while shouting Taeyeon's name.

Startled by the sudden noise and stuff, Taeyeon jumps out off her bed and runs towards the door. Upon hearing her name being called, "Jessica?"

Taeyeon finds herself being pushed in by Jessica as soon as the door opened. She hits the wall and gets pinned by Jessica against it.

Jessica is breathing heavily. Beads of sweat rolls on her face to her neck. Tears on the verge of falling. She grips Taeyeon's shoulder much, much tighter.

Frustrated, Jessica hastily puts her thirsty lips on Taeyeon's. Locking their lips harder, greedy and intense. Her nails on Taeyeon's shoulder is digging into Taeyeon's skin. She stops gasping for air.

"Why?!" Jessica cries in defeat. It's madness, it's getting out of hand, getting out of control. The feeling that was kept for so long was there on her grip. It is so damn much that she could've slapped Taeyeon for being so stubborn and weak.

"Why are you like this...Taeyeon-ah. Y-you just told me you love me."

"Jessica. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking... I love you too much, too much that I was hurting you too. I-I thought I couldn't do much for you... I-I am just... sorry."

It is then, Taeyeon is out of words but 'Sorry'. Jessica calms, she suddenly feels so weak. So this is how frustrating Taeyeon could be. Her head falls on Taeyeon's shoulder as she whimpers. This time, Jessica is legit tired of everything.

They are two broken souls crying and trying. Taeyeon's emotions that are locked inside of her suddenly bursts out of her system giving in, giving up. She rests her head against Jessica's shoulder in front of her letting it all out in one sharp exhale; The tears, worries, longing pours out in that moment.

Jessica being in her arms feels so right. Above all Taeyeon's fear, losing Jessica becomes the scariest for she once feared of having her. Realizing that this one's her second or maybe the last chance, Taeyeon fights her worries as the consequences of running away hits her.

She deeply inhales, "I couldn't do anything out of fear. But...Jessica, I wanna show you what I can do, at least. I-I don't think I can afford to lose you, again."

Taeyeon wraps her arms around Jessica's trembling body. It was something she could do now, at least.

*

Cuddled up on the bed, Taeyeon brushes Jessica's hair while they're lying side by side, face to face. Without any excuses, without the help of drunkenness. They are just themselves, unmasked.

Jessica doesn't know how many times Taeyeon said the word 'Sorry' from the time she walked in at this apartment. She gently Taeyeon's lips that bled in contact with hers earlier.

"I kinda did it hard. I'm sorry." Jessica whispers, never taking her gaze away from the older girl's lips.

"I deserved that. Your heart must have been bleeding much harder than that. I'm so---"

"Taeyeon," Jessica's eyebrows furrow. She moves a little closer to Taeyeon. Meeting Taeyeon's worried eyes. "Let's not go there. Look, I've been patient. I will always, always be patient with you. Okay?"

"Sica. Why..." Taeyeon's tears mindlessly fall. "I was too much. I hurt you too much.."

"Shush," Jessica wipes Taeyeon's tears away. "Baby..."

Taeyeon feels a rush of blood on her face, quickly grabbing the covers and hides. "Don't call me that. It's embarrassing."

"Aniyooo~" Jessica snatches away the cover from her face. "Why is that even if you'd break my heart a hundred times, I feel like coming back right to you in a second?"

"Because you're stupid and you love me?"

"No," Jessica taps Taeyeon's forehead. "You are the stupid one. I can't actually believe you'll run away like you used to."

Taeyeon feels the guilt. Jessica has always been there and she was the one running away from her, pushing love away from herself. She was always leaving. Hiding and denying her feelings. Leaving the world behind her for it was a scary place to be.

Taeyeon pulls Jessica close to her. Their forehead against each other's. "I'm a mess. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter