Chapter VII

Living in Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

"I heard you're back in Korea!!" Says the voice on the other end. The voice sounds so loud that Jessica thinks Taeyeon can hear it amidst the light noise in the cafe.

"Uh-- wait a sec," she cups her phone and she mouths 'just a sec' to Taeyeon and goes outside the cafe quickly.

Taeyeon watches Jessica gets lost in the sea of people. Her heart is beating wild from Jessica's sudden attack. Taeyeon internally thanks whoever called, perfect timing. She now has the chance to reorganize her thoughts. Thinking this could be her confession, Taeyeon ready her bullets aiming at the blonde's heart. 

Taeyeon stares blankly at her hand, sweaty, and trembling. Of course Jessica wants answers and she's ready to spill it all out. It's my chance and I don't want to lose it. She thinks at least get things straight and clean. She's also ready if Jessica would take it or leave it. Not getting all her hopes up may be the best thing now. She just want Jessica not to feel bad about it anymore.

///

Jessica finds a spot outside the cafe to take the call. Phew.
"Yes, Tiff. I just got back. Why? Are you here too?"

"Uhh, nope."

"Ahh~ alright. So why did you call?"

"I'm gonna tell you something, babe. I have a package for you and it's delivered to this address---" Tiffany spills an address too familiar with Jessica, 

"Pick it up in let's say 5 minutes! Bye!"

"Tiff wai--" The call gets cut. Jessica is so sure that the address given by Tiffany is the same building as her office. How on earth would Tiffany know that?

Jessica comes back in the cafe after a couple of minutes, kinda feeling restless.

"Jessica I--"

Jessica collects her things as soon as she gets to the table, "Taeyeon, uhh, I-I gotta go. I'm sorry. Something came up."

Taeyeon's chance just got away again, "N-no, it's fine. Take your drink with you."

"Thank you. I'll see you again, maybe?"

"O-of course. Bye, princess--"

With Taeyeon saying 'princess', something inside them kind of flinch. "Oh."

"U-Uhh, ye-yeah...bye, Taeyeon."

Jessica runs to her car, her mind is completely diverted from Taeyeon. Just because. What the heck, Tiff.

Tiffany was a schoolmate when Jessica was still in a university in Korea, so Taeyeon also knows this girl -- but not so much. They were classmates in a particular subject during freshman years. Though, Tiffany had to leave for America during spring break and never returned since then. That's why Taeyeon and Jessica barely know this girl back then, as their communications got cut, too. It just happened that when Jessica left for the States as well, Tiffany was also taking her Masters at the same University as hers. That made them established their friendship. But there's more to it; In that years of being together, even living together in a dorm as roommates -- unknowingly, Tiffany fell in love with Jessica. That was also when Jessica tried to open her heart to someone. They were inseperable (at some point) that the only time they had to part ways was not too long after graduating when Tiffany got a job in New York while Jessica stayed in San Francisco until she was offered a job in Korea.

Jessica reaches her destination within a 15-minute ride. She was right, it is their company's address. At this point, Jessica is puzzled on how Tiffany knew this information when she hasn't told her about her work or workplace.

She goes straight to the Reception area upon entering the building. "Good afternoon, Miss Jung."

"Hi, is there some kind of package that came for me?"

"Ahh, yes. It is already in your office."

"Oh, thank you so much!" Ugh, Tiffany -- what a hassle.

As Jessica goes inside the elevator, she gets reminded of Taeyeon. I just left her there. Ugh.

Ding

Elevator opens. There is nothing suspicious on the floor. Hmm. Jessica walks straight to her office. As she enters past the opaque glass door of her space, she notices the pink box wrapped with a pink ribbon on her table. Pink, yeah Tiffany.

She carefully opens, scared that this could be one of Tiffany's jump-scare pranks. But there is just a small card inside. She flips the card, and it just read: Hello.

"What? 'Hello'?" Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter