A New-Found GOOD FRIEND, It Is.

Why Did I Fall In Love With YOU? (Alternate Ending Series - ONGOING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HERE'S THE CONTINUATION TO THE PREVIOUS CHAP! :D

“W-What? What d-did you just call me?”

 

You could feel the charge pulsing through your veins as you've heard him call you THAT WAY.

 

“Uhhh...PRINCESS. Why? Is it only reserved for a certain person?”

 

If it weren't for the moon's dim light, you swore Joon could've seen you pale on the spot.

 

“Well...that...that pet name...it holds a special meaning to me.”

 

You softly mumbled before clearing your throat.

 

“It's not that you can't- Well, I mean to say-”

 

“Shhh...Come on. You don't have to explain. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, you can just tell me to stop and I will. After all, we're friends now...right?”

 

Your ears perked up upon hearing him talk about being FRIENDS.

 

“R-Right. FRIENDS.”

 

Needless to say, the ride back to your house was filled with awkward silence. 'What the heck Lee Joon? Say something! It's too awkward...and looks uncomfortable with the silence. Better do the first move and be a good gentleman...but before all that...THINK. THINK. THINK...how can I break the silence?' Joon thought before his gaze moved towards the road up ahead. 'AHA!' His eyes sparkled as soon as the idea hit him. Just when he was reaching out to press the power button of the car stereo, your hands bumped each other. The collision made the two of you flinch and pull away but then since Joon saw how you were a bit hesitant, he pressed the button for you instead.

 

'I've been living with a shadow overhead
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed
I've been lonely for so long
Trapped in the past, I just can't seem to move on

 

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away
Just in case I ever need 'em again some day
I've been setting aside time
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind

 

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can't make it through without a way back into love, oh oh oh'

 

Was the song just a pure product of coincidence?

 

Or was Fate really playing with the two of you right now.

 

'Seriously...as soon as we back back to the city, you better forget that all these COINCIDENCES ever happened, get that Lee ?' You inhaled sharply before finally getting your rational side on full load once more. “So...I heard you've been together with Miss Yoon for quite some time, huh?” You started up, secretly despising the bitter taste of having their love story roll out of your very own tongue. But nonetheless, rubbing salt on your own wounds would be the perfect way to jump start your newly-set goals. “Hm. Well, it's been quite a long time actually. But as far as I could clearly remember...my memories of her weren't that clear though.”

 

You just can't help but raise a brow upon hearing the uncertainty that crawled at Joon's voice. 'Why is he talking as if he's unsure of his own feelings? I just saw how their proposals to each other went the last time...I bet by now, hanging out randomly with me isn't even rightful for someone who's engaged by then.' You bit your lip before finally dismissing the underlying feeling of doubt towards Joon. “So...uhm, can I hear more of your love story?” You egged on, hoping you'd find more encouragement in pushing him out of your life for good from this mini storytelling you wanted to hear of.

 

“Seriously, -ah? You'd like to hear such a sappy story?” He snorted jokingly before narrowing his eyes playfully at you. “What? Since we're good friends now, can't I at least know about my friend's love life? No matter how sappy, cheesy and oh-so-greasy it is, I'm willing to listen. C'mon.” You urged with a smile, hoping he'd not take any notice to how you were forcing a happy disposition in despite the pressure and tension you were truly feeling inside. “Okay, if you insist...GOOD FRIEND. Just gimme some more time to SUMMARIZE it up in my head, make it seem LESS CHEESY.” He emphasized the last part mockingly, to which you can't help but chuckle a bit. 'Still playful as ever. I guess nothing really changed that much for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter