Unexpected

Because She Taught Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, Taeyong was dragged by his manager for a dinner meeting after the taping of Music Core. The rest of his group members were already on their way back to their dorms but as their leader Taeyong had to meet with one of the SM executives every few months to discuss what the group was doing well and what they could improve on. "Self-reflection" was what SM called it. Taeyong opened the door to the room and was greeted by a face he wasn't expecting. 

"Taeyong sshi!" Jaejoong said with a big grin. He stood up and held out his hand. Taeyong's eyes widened and his jaw dropped as he saw Jaejoong in the room. He grasped Jaejoong's hand in his and gave it a big shake, at the same time bowing past 90 degrees. Jaejoong only laughed. 

"Jaejoong sunbaenim," Taeyong greeted. He was in shock over seeing Jaejoong and wasn't quite sure what to do. Jaejoong was one of the legendary "Gods of the East" someone that he looked up to since he was younger. It was unbelievable that he was standing in front of Taeyong given that he rarely, if ever, even saw Yunho and Changmin sunbaenim at the SM office...and Jaejoong wasn't even in SM anymore! 

"Come on, sit down," Jaejoong said, eyes flickering curiously as he looked at Lee Taeyong standing in front of him. Oddly enough, Taeyong reminded him of his younger self with fewer piercings and tattoos. Taeyong sat down after Jaejoong sat down at the table. "Was it a big shock to see me?" Jaejoong asked. Taeyong cleared his throat and and nodded his head. 

"I was expecting one of the executives for our self reflection meeting," Taeyong replied. 

"They're still doing that?" Jaejoong asked. He had to sit through a few of those himself when Yunho wasn't able to make the meetings due to his schedules. 

"Yea, we do it a few times per year. I didn't expect to see sunbaenim at all. It's good being able to meet you," Taeyong said.

"Ahh, about that..." Just then, there was a knock on the door. The door opened and the server brought several plates of food in and set it on the table. "I hope you don't mind I ordered first." Jaejoong said. Taeyong looked at the row of meats, noodles, and soup. "Wow," he said. 

"Eat up," Jaejoong prompted. He gave Taeyong some time to eat in peace before deciding to start his line of questioning. "So I heard you asked for my friend's phone number?" he started out with. Taeyong's head snapped up. 

"Your friend?" Taeyong asked. Jaejoong nodded his head and continued to eat. "You know who Saeri noona is?" Taeyong asked again. Jaejoong didn't miss Taeyong's quick glance down towards his left hand...the hand with his wedding ring on the ring finger. He pretended to not notice.

"She's my wife's close friend," Jaejoong explained. "I've known Saeri for a few years now. It seems like you've known her longer though right?" Jaejoong laughed.

Taeyong felt his cheeks turn red. "I guess you could say that," he muttere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter