Uncertain

Because She Taught Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night Saeri went back and forth about what had gone down earlier that evening. She couldn't wrap her brain around whether or not she made the right choice to let Taeyong do all those things, from holding her hand to driving her home and finally letting him kiss her to end the night. Still, as she tried to go about her usual preparations before bedtime, she couldn't help but take a peek at her phone every few minutes and feel disappointed when she didn't receive a text message from Taeyong. She washed her face and looked at her bare face in her large mirror and noticed that the bags under her eyes were getting more obvious, ever since she had broken up with Hyunshik. Her sleep was all over the place even though she was exhuasted from work most days so she sure wasn't doing herself any favors. 

Just then, she heard her phone vibrate on her night stand outside. Walking out of her bathroom, she saw that Jaejoong was calling her which was unusual at this time of the night. Usually it was Soyeon or her parents. 

"Jaejoong ah?" Saeri said as she picked up her phone. 

"Jaejoong hyung? Aniyo, it's me, Taeyong ah," Taeyong answered. Flustered, Saeri looked at the caller ID and confirmed that she saw the name correctly. It said Jaejoong was calling! 

"Taeyong ah? Why do you have Jaejoong's phone?" she asked him. 

"Ohhh this must be his old phone that he gave me to use," Taeyong said, all of it making sense now. 

"Ahh, what are you doing calling me so late?" Saeri wondered. 

"I wanted you to have my phone number. But I guess you already had it," he chuckled. "Are you sleeping yet?" 

"Almost, just getting ready to sleep. Did you get back okay?" Saeri replied.

"Mmm, I'm at the house now with the other members. We have a small patio outside so I'm sitting on the chair here.'

"How much do your members know?" Saeri asked. 

"I haven't told them everything. Taeil knows a little bit but I haven't told anyone about today," Taeyong said. "Do you want me to not say anything?" 

"Aniyah. It's up to you. Your members don't know me at all anyway." 

"Mm I got it." There was a lull on the other line as no one spoke for a few seconds between them. "Noona?" he suddenly started.

"Hm?" 

"Can I see you tomorrow? I'd really like to see you tomorrow again," Taeyong bravely asked. Saeri felt her heart skip a beat as she heard Taeyong's question. Why did he seem so innocent? As if he had never asked a girl before if he could see them? But that kiss...surely he had practice because it definitely did not seem like his first kiss ever. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Saeri said as she smiled into her phone. Taeyong's grin was evident on the other line and he was glad no one was looking at him right now. 

"Okay I'll contact you," he happily said. "Goodnight Saeri noona." 

"Goodnight Taeyong ah," Saeri replied softly. She hung up the phone soon after and realized that she had been holding her breath. Breathing out slowly, she calmly finished up her nighttime routine and lied down in bed underneath her covers. Taeyong ah....why did I suddenly run into you again after all these years? Is someone above trying to tell me to give you a chance? Maybe this is the only way that I can forget about him...

==

The next afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter