Today

Because She Taught Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present time

"Guys, come on, we need to be out of here in 10 minutes," Taeyong hurried his group members into the coffee shop. They were at Starbucks at 5 in the morning to pick up their drinks before they had to leave for their early morning schedule that day. Every once in a while, Taeyong would treat his group members to Starbucks, especially if they had to be up so early in the morning like today. There was a customer standing in front of their group ordering first before it was it was their turn. "Think of what you want when it's your turn, we have to hurry okay?" he reminded everyone. 

"A grande Iced espresso with a double shot please," a voice in front of him said quickly. Taeyong watched from the back as she swiped her Starbucks card, said thank you to the cashier and turned around. Taeyong froze the second he saw her face. It was a face he hadn't seen in years and honestly never thought that he would ever see again. She had never completely left his mind despite these last few years but he had never told anybody about her. 

Saeri had frozen too, catching eyes with someone she had only recently seen on screen and never thought that she would ever meet again in real life. 

"Hyung, do you want to order?" Jaehyun asked, forcing Taeyong to snap out of his trance. 

"You guys order first," he said quietly, now fully aware that the rest of his group members were probably staring at him right now. 

"Taeyong..." Saeri finally said.

"Noona..." he responded. There was a brief moment of silence as the two looked at each other. "What-" they both said at the same time. Saeri chuckled as Taeyong cracked a smile. "You go first," Taeyong suggested.

Saeri nodded. "What are you doing here?" 

"Um..we're grabbing drinks for the road. These are....these are my group members," he tried to explain but ended up just furrowing his eyebrows.

"Mm I know," Saeri said.

"You know?" Taeyong asked.

"NCT right? I heard you debuted last year. I've been following your news here and there," Saeri confessed.

"You have?" he asked again, voice higher than normal and sounding quite surprised. Again, Saeri nodded her head.

"Hyung, we need your order," Jaehyun called out again. 

"Grande black coffee," Taeyong immediately recited to the cashier. 

"So you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter