Our Second Chance: Chapter 3

Our Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’ll allow Bambam if you come with him.” Mark and Bambam’s dad said when he informed their father about the discussion he had with the school director.

“Why do I have to come, dad? Bambam’s already 18. I’m sure he can handle his self.” Mark said. They were all gathered for dinner, a tradition they never broke.

“I think it’s a great time for you to relax.”

“I have work.”

“Son, I know I told you that the company needs you but you also need to relax sometimes. The company won’t go bankrupt with you being away for a few days. Besides, Bambam needs someone who will support him. Right, son?” Their dad said, giving Bambam a wink who immediately nodded.

“That’s right, hyung. So please come.” He begged.

“Why don’t you and mom go instead?” He asked looking at his dad and Bambam’s mom. His dad remarried when he was a freshman in college. It wasn’t a shock to him as he had seen it coming. His dad and his stepmom has been going out for a few years already before they finally decided to get married. His mom left him and his dad when he was five years old after they got a divorce. Since then, he never heard anything from her.

“Well, we are going out of the country. Second honeymoon.” Their dad said and both Mark and Bambam rolled their eyes.

“You go on honeymoons yearly.” He answered and they both blushed.

“Just go with your brother to Mokpo, Mark. Please.” Their mom said after recovering from the embarrassment.

“Fine. It’s not like I will allow Bambam to go someone far on his own.” Mark said and they all continued with their dinner.

 

“How was school?” Tia asked both Yugyeom and Youngjae as the two were seated at the corner of the bakeshop, doing their homework.

“It was okay, noona.” Yugyeom said.

“Gyeom’s competing in the dance contest with his friends on the festival, noona.” Youngjae said and Yugyeom whined.

“You’re not supposed to tell noona, hyung!”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s embarrassing.”

“Why is it embarrassing, Gyeom? Ysabel and I will be there to support you.”

“How about the shop?”

“We can close it during your competition.”

“You don’t have to do that, noona.” Yugyeom said.

“We will do that. Your noonas will be supporting you. You’re our maknae after all.” She said and ruffled Yugyeom’s hair.

“Thank you, noona.” The boy said, hugging her.

“You’re always welcome.” She said and gave him a peck.

“Noona, will you also support me?” Youngjae asked, blushing.

“Yeah. Hyung’s joining the singing competition!” Yugyeom said and Youngjae blushed even more.

“Really? Of course, Jae! We’re family after all.” She said and both Youngjae and Yugyeom hugged him.

“Why is there a group hug going on here and I’m not even invited?” They heard Ysabel complain which made them chuckle.

“Come here, evil noona.” Yugyeom said and Ysabel flicked his forehead before hugging them. Family. They are my family now.

 

The next day was the same except for the two boys informing both Tia and Ysabel that they’ll be home late for practices.

“Here you go, halmeoni. Thank you.” Tia smiled, handing the old woman her breads.

“Thank you, Tia.” The old woman said and left.

“Good afternoon, my beautiful daughters.” Mrs. Ji, a regular customer of theirs, greeted as soon as she entered the shop.

“Good afternoon, ommonim.” They both greeted back.

“I’m here to order 20 cakes and 300 cupcakes, my daughter.” Mrs. Ji said.

“That much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter