Our Second Chance: Chapter I

Our Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tia sighed in relief as the store finally closed. She owns a small bakeshop in Mokpo together with her friends that is quite popular in town. It has always been her dream to own a bakeshop ever since she was a kid and since started learning how to bake.

“Weekends are really crazy. I’m glad it’s finally Monday tomorrow.” She heard Ysabel say. Ysabel is a friend whom she met five years ago. They were both running away from some people in their lives at that time and they just clicked.

“I don’t like Mondays, noona.” She heard Yugyeom answer. Yugyeom is the grandson of the late owner of the building where their bakeshop is. They met his grandmother 5 years ago when they both needed a place to stay at. The old woman offered the vacant room in their house located on top of the building if they work for her in return.

“Well no matter how much you hate Mondays, you don’t have a choice. Go up and get ready for bed, Gyeom. You have classes tomorrow.” She said, pushing the pouting guy.

“Why do I have to go to school, noona?” Yugyeom asked, trying his best to fight of her pushing.

“Because that’s what halmeoni wanted.” Tia answered with a sad smile. The kind grandma passed away three years ago because of old age and has left the building and Yugyeom in her care. Being in debt and thankful to halmeoni, Tia kept her promise. She turned the failing bakeshop into a booming business and she took care of Yugyeom like he’s her younger brother.

“And because that’s what we both want.” Ysabel added. “Now go up and wash up.”

“Arasso. Good night, noonas.” Yugyeom said and hugged both of them.

“Good night, our giant.” Tia said, affectionately.

 

“Weekend’s over.” Jackson sighed as he took a sip of his beer.

“Well, it’s not like we enjoyed our weekend. Weekends are like weekdays now.” JB said.

“Yeah. I guess that’s how adult life is. Sometimes, I wish we can go back to college where our only problem is passing.” Jinyoung added.

“I bet college isn’t that fun. High school’s only fun without school stuffs.” Bambam said, taking a sip of his juice. His hyungs won’t allow him to drink alcohol despite being an adult already. They still treat him like a kid.

“That’s much better compared to being in the real world.” Mark said and everyone, except Bambam agreed.

“What’s your schedule tomorrow, JB hyung?” Jackson asked and JB checked his phone for his schedule.

“I have 5 appointments tomorrow, Jackson so don’t even think about trying to set an appointment with me just so we can have lunch together.” JB said and Jackson pouted. JB is now the acting CEO for their corporation after his father retired a year ago.

“How about you, Mark?”

“I’m busy tomorrow.” Mark simply answered. Ever since the event five years ago, their friend had changed. From the warm, lively Mark, he turned into a quiet and workaholic Mark. Mark now runs their family’s company after his father handed him the position three years ago.

“Jinyoungie?”

“I have a business trip to Jeju. Do you want to come?” Jinyoung asked, smirking. Jinyoung’s family owns hotel chains all over Korea and he’s the one handling them.

“I have work tomorrow.” Jackson answered, frowning. Jackson runs a gaming company.

“You can always have a meal with me, hyung.” Bambam offered and Jackson immediately agreed.

The four of them have been best friends since middle school and kept their f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter