Our Second Chance: Chapter 2

Our Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here.” Jinyoung said, handing her a ham and cheese sandwich.

“What’s this for?” Tia asked, accepting it.

“Your mom said that you haven’t had breakfast. Seriously, Ti, you should take care of yourself more.” Jinyoung said, reprimanding her like usual. Jinyoung and she are cousins and best friends.

“I am taking care of myself. I was planning to stop by the convenience store outside school to grab a meal.”

“Why don’t you just eat at home?”

“And get constipation from the awkwardness? You know our situation, Youngie. Ever since unnie died, omma and appa stopped being a family. All this happy family image is just for show.” Tia said, smiling sadly. Her sister has committed suicide a year ago because of failing the board exam for medicine. Her parents expected too much from her sister that led her sister to killing her own self.

“Well, you can always eat at our place. You know how much omma and appa adores you.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Tia said, thankful for having Jinyoung with her.

“I’m glad we can finally attend the same school, Ti. It’s nice to know that your parents are finally allowing you to live a little.” Jinyoung said as their ride nears the school. Tia has been home-schooled all her life until this year.

“Me too. I can finally experience the things you used to tell me about.” Tia said, excited for her first day.

“My friends are excited to meet you.” Jinyoung said and they finally arrived.

 

“This is JB hyung, and Jackson.” Jinyoung said, introducing the two guys in front of her.

“Hello. I’m Tia.” She introduced, shyly.

“Aigoo. Don’t be shy. I’m JB. I’m a year older than you so you can call me oppa.” JB said, smiling sweetly.

“Nice to meet you, JB oppa.” She slightly bowed.

“What’s up? I’m the y beast, Jackson.” He said, winking at her.

“H-Hi.”

“Don’t scare her, Wang.” JB said, flicking Jackson’s forehead, making him whine.

“Where’s Mark hyung?” Jinyoung asked.

“Here.” They heard someone said and when they turned around, Tia felt her heart skip a beat. The guy coming their way in his skateboard was the most handsome guy she has ever seen.

“Mark!” Jackson greeted and Mark nodded as an acknowledgement.

“Who’s this?” Mark asked, putting an arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“Hyung, this is my cousin, Tia. Ti, this is Mark hyung.” Jinyoung introduced.

“N-Nice to meet you.” She stuttered making Mark smile.

“Nice to meet you, too.” He said, smiling at her.

Tia woke up from her slumber and felt a tear fall because of the memory.

“It’s been five years but I still miss you every day.” She said, smiling sadly.

She looked at the picture on her bedside table and smiled sadly. It was a picture with her, Jinyoung, Bambam, Jackson, JB, and Mark. It was taken the year before she left during their trip in Jeju. They had so much fun then and they even promised each other to go there again the next year but it never happened. Because you left. She thought and wiped her tears away.

“Stop it, Ti. It won’t change anything.” She told herself and started getting herself ready for the day.

“Gyeom, wake up! You’ll be late!” Tia said, knocking on Yugyeom’s room.

“Good morning. I’ll wake him up.” Ysabel said, going out of her bedroom.

“Alright. Breakfast is on the table as well as Yugyeom and Youngjae’s lunch boxes. I’ll be downstairs to get ready.” She said and Ysabel nodded before heading inside Yugyeom’s bedroom to wake him up.

 

“Good morning, noona.” Youngjae greeted as soon as he arrived.

“Good morning. How’s your mom?”

“She’s better now.”

“That’s good then. Go up and have breakfast. Yugyeom’s probably showering now.”

“Okay, noona. See you later.” Youngjae said and she nodded.

Tia started reheating the breads they baked the night before and started baking a fresh batch of those that are their best sellers.

 

Mark checked his clock. It was 6 a.m. and he still have two hours to get ready for work. He got up and started heading to his bathroom. He passed by his walk-in closet and stopped to look at the picture frame, hidden by his clothes. It was a picture with her.

“I still don’t understand why you had to leave me and I never will. I’m mad at you but behind that, I still miss you.” He said and sighed, returning the picture back in its place. He tried searching for her everywhere but he failed. He spent a year searching for her until his father forced him to stop.

“You’re just wasting your time searching for someone who doesn’t want to be found, son. Give it up. It’s time for you to stop wasting your time over someone who just left you without any explanation and start fixing your life. The company needs you now.” His father said and Mark decided to do the right thing.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Tuan. You have a meeting today at 9 a.m. with the marketing team in regards to the release of our new products. At 10 a.m., you have a meeting with the Kim Corporation’s CEO and then, you’ll have a lunch meeting with Mr. Jang Wooyoung. Mr. Bambam’s school called and asked if they can have a chat with you in regards with his school performance. Your schedule is vacant in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter