First Meeting

Dating Yesterday's You

Rushing through the stairs, I ran as fast as I could for train.

Luckily, I made the 8:00 train! I was happy, I've never been a morning person. This is my routine, waking up late. 

In this crowded train, I saw a beautiful woman reading a book. The cold yet calm eyes reading that book, under the sunshine that reflects her brown eyes, her eyes only looks for graceful. For the first time in my life, I felt a throbbing feeling in my chest, my heart was jumping to say hi to her? Is this the feeling of love at first sight, they speak of?

Then, I noticed she looked back at me, I was surprised, I looked away, feeling the blood rushing to my face. 

Deciding to look back, I look again in her direction, she was no where in sight. 

Nervous, yet bother by the idea of never seeing her again, I got off the stop thinking maybe I can find her. 

I don't know where my foot took me or how I found her, I only knew that I saw her image in the crowd. 

With that, I ran in her direction, and yell, " You look beautiful, can we be friends?"

" That's a lame way to pick up a girl, you know." She said.

Feeling rejected, I didn't know how to respond only stare at her.

Unexpectly, she said," Sure."

Trying to exchange contact info, she said she didn't have a phone. I thought it was an excuse to not be friends with me, only to my surprise again she said, 

"We will meet again, Amber."

I didn't know her name, yet she knew mine. Just like that, it felt as there was a ray of hope. 

Still wondering how she knew me at all, it was odd and as strange as this girl seemed, she was the girl I liked.