Cinq — 5 (FINAL)

Together For Real (Park Chanyeol x YOU x Kris Wu) Mini Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
January, 2017

It’s one of those spur of the moment kind of thing and you suddenly found yourself walking in the arrival area of Vancouver International Airport. Your old best friend from childhood found you on social media and she contacted you immediately. You found out that she and your sister were neighbors in Vancouver and that’s how she got ahold of you. She somehow convinced you to fly out to Canada to attend her wedding and weirdly enough everything fell into place. Your boss allowed you a week off from work and Chanyeol was busy filming his new drama, so you knew you won’t be seeing him for a week maybe even more.

As you were about to exit the building, a bunch of girls about 10 or more was crowding over someone sitting on a random bench. You stopped on your tracks to fish for your phone that was blasting your ringtone. You looked at the screen and it’s your friend calling. She said that she will be arriving soon to pick you up. You decided to sit on a random bench, near the little commotion that was happening in front of you and wait right there for her. You looked up from your phone curiously and your eyes meet someone you weren’t expecting to see.

You sat there, motionless with a detached expression on your face. Your heart started to beat really fast and loud, so loud you can practically hear it routing from your ears. Your skin prickle with goosebumps when he half smiled your way before returning his gaze to the girls who were lining up in front of him. He was all smiles as he signs random papers and notebooks for them. The security team is all around him but keeps a safe distance since the girls were being respectful.

You’re suddenly jolted alive from your trance when your friend poked you on your arm and her face blocks the occurrence you were watching.

“Hey, you weren’t answering my call, so I just entered the airport to find you!” She said and you look up to see her brows furrowed in agitation.

“Sorry, I was distracted.” You replied to her and she relaxes her face and smiled. She gave you a hug before she turns her back to look at what your eyes were transfixed on.

“Do you know that person; he seems like a celebrity of some kind?” She asks.

“N-no.” You lied. You stood up from your seat and he turns his attention back to you when he saw in his peripherals that you were standing up. You ignored him and you start to pull both your luggage and your friend to exit the airport.

“Oh my God, he looked right at you.” Your friend whispered loudly.

“Ah really? Where’s the car?” You try to change the subject immediately. She just pointed at a car in the waiting area where her fiancé was waiting at, waving for the both of you. She dropped the subject and just let herself be dragged by you.

When you arrived at the hotel, you asked if they want to have an early dinner. But they told you that you should rest for tonight since you look pretty tired from your ten-hour flight, which was the truth, they told you that they will be seeing you tomorrow when the both of them and the rest of the family will check in at the same hotel for the wedding. You obliged and they left you to rest after a little bit of catching up.

You tried sleeping but your mind just keeps repeating what happened at the airport. No matter what you do, he just keeps popping up your head, constantly reminding you of the past. You considered calling Chanyeol back home, but he doesn’t even know where you are right now. You promised him that you will never leave without letting him know. You did anyway again this time, but you know he will be busy enough to even notice your absence. You’ve done it once before, you sneakily slipped out of the country once without him knowing. And you have a perfectly good reason for going to Canada; it was your friend’s wedding.

You looked at your phone and it's only 9 PM meaning its already 1 AM back at home. Chanyeol’s probably still in the studio practicing, or maybe even filming. You were thankful that he wasn’t calling or texting you right now because you wouldn’t know if you should lie or not. You decided to just go down to the restaurant of the hotel. You wore the heels you brought with you to this trip for the wedding since the hotel was a little fancier and heels looked appropriate for the place.

When you got near the open door of the restaurant, the Hostess who was standing stoic and poised, gave you a sincere smile while clutching a menu on her chest.

“Good evening. Please follow me.” She ushered, pointing at the door, motioning for you to enter the restaurant.

“Good evening... Thank you.” You answered as you tail her move.

“Would you like a table or be seated at the bar?” She asked while occasionally looking at you as she walks you in. The place was really cozy and ambient. It was kind of dimly lit, making the place look romantic and dreamy perfect for a couple's date night. There were only about seven or so people in there right since it’s the weekdays in the middle of winter making the place really quiet with the jazzy music the only source of a noise. The bar area was empty and you feel like drinking so you can get a little buzzed and fall fast asleep.

“By the bar, please.” You smiled at her as you answer and she smiles back and proceeded to walk you to where the bar is. A waiter saw that you were being ushered to where he stood and pulled up a stool for you to sit on. You thanked the gentleman with a polite smile and sat on the chair that he pulls up for you.

The Hostess gently set the menu in front of you and left you to go back to her station outside of the restaurant. The waiter was glued next to you as he waits for you to browse through the menu. Since nothing looked appetizing to you right now, you settled for baked oysters and a glass of Muscadet.

The wine was given to you immediately (as per your request) while you wait for your oyster to come. You sip your wine and already you feel the warmth of it coating your body. Your empty stomach churns when the alcohol mixed in with your gastric acid. The soft music in the restaurant was making you relax and a satisfied smile danced along your lips.

Your phone vibrated and you see the screen with an unknown Canadian number calling you. You wondered for a little bit before answering the call. But it ended almost immediately when you finally decided to pick up. You shrugged your shoulders half-heartedly and continue sipping your wine. You got bored after a little bit and decided to take pictures of the bar and post it on your Instagram with the caption “Oyster and Wine kind of night ^^”

As you were scrolling through your SNS, your phone vibrated again indicating a text message. You saw on the notification tab that it was from the same unknown Canadian number. The text was in English.

 

Unknown: 
So it’s still your number?
(seen 9:32)

You: 
Who is this?

 

Two minutes passes by and the baked oysters finally came, you set your phone aside and started eating. An hour and three glasses of wine later, you were definitely feeling buzzed and sleep finally found your eyes. You came back to your room and immediately fell asleep when you crashed onto your bed.

You wake up the next morning feeling a lot better than you did last night. The wine helped you fight off your jet lag, you were still not one hundred percent yourself yet, but you’re feeling fine. No head or body ache, which you usually get when you travel to Vancouver when you visit your family.

 

 

______

 

 

If you Google search “Winter Wedding”, everything you see there is exactly what your friend’s wedding looks like. The theme is a good mix of Pinterest-esque and Hipster vibes but nothing too obnoxious. The gazebo where the couple read their vows were adorned with lace and white lights that twinkle beautifully under the purple, pink and blue late afternoon of the early evening sky. Everywhere around the garden were tastefully embellished with similar lights and lace with a touch of Snowdrop Flowers.

As the bride walked down the aisle, you looked at her groom with his tear stained face and it made you think about Chanyeol, the gentle giant with the stupidly adorable face who for the past couple of years smiled and shed tears just for you only. Maybe it was the wedding feels or the guilt building up over the years, but you miss him all of a sudden.

You suddenly miss his hot breath blowing on your face as he tells you that you're beautiful. You miss his lips worshipping every inch of your body as he remove pieces of clothing off of you and you softly mumble his name with the pleasure he’s gracing you with. And you suddenly miss him whispering sweet nothings into your ears when he was done making love to you.

“Yah! Answer your phone!” You sister loudly whisper to your ears; interrupting your thoughts.

“I— what…” You cast your eye over to your clutch bag on the table and sure enough, you can hear your phone vibrating loudly inside of it.

You took your phone out of the clutch and the same number from a few days ago was calling you again. You excused yourself to your sister and she nods her head once and focused her gaze back in front once where the family of the bride and groom were giving out their speeches one by one. You slowly crept your way beyond the garden of the hotel, to a more quiet part to answer the call.

“Hello.” You answer in English since it’s a Canadian number. There was a long pause before the person on the other line replies. But you know they were there because you can hear them breathing on the receiver.

“Hi…” He finally answered. You already know who it was even though you haven’t heard his voice in nearly three years.

“Who—who is this?” You still ask just to verify.

“It’s me, Yifan.”

Confirmed.

“I couldn’t say hi to you at the airport.” He spoke again before you can even react. You covered your phone’s receiver to let out a long sigh before responding.

“It’s fine, I—I understand.” You answered with a half-assed smile as if he can see you.

“Where are you right now?” His voice low and almost inaudible when he speaks English.

“I’m currently in Gastown, attending a friend’s wedding.” You answered in a monotone.

“Can I see you?” The desirous tone in his voice made your heart skip a beat and a weird bolt of electricity you haven’t felt for him in years suddenly run up and down your spine, your skin prickles with goosebumps.

You gave him the address of your hotel and your room number, you did it. After all these years, you are still weak for him as much as you were three years ago. He told you he will be there in less than twenty minutes. So you tell your sister you suddenly felt ill, blaming your fake jet lag. You tell her you’ll rest for a bit in your room and will be back as soon as you can. She said that it’s okay if you didn’t come back and will just have to explain to your friend what happened. You thanked her and almost tripped your way to the elevator going back to your hotel room.

You get there with plenty more minutes to spare for you to be able to clean up a little bit. The bed and bathroom were, thankfully, cleaned by housekeeping and only have to keep away the random clothes sprawled around your room. Just as you were finishing up, there was a knock on the door. Your body shoots up from being hunch from picking up clothes, looking at the full-size mirror to smoothen the nonexistent c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter