Chapter 6 - In their own world

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

 

 

Somin taps her pen against the desk as she looks out through the blurry window of their science class. The sky has been crying nonstop for the past couple of days. Somin enjoys the rain very much, the smell of the humid air she breathed in when she stepped out on her connected balcony is still fresh in her mind. Rain calms her mind, loosens her tensed muscles, in the aftermath, fatigue takes over her old soul. She remembers when she was young when puddles would start to form on their backyard, she would go out and jump and jump until there weren’t any puddles left, or her mother had made banana muffins, her guilty pleasure. Her parents didn’t mind the mess she would make, to see their young daughter enjoy such a blue weather with a bright beautiful smile is worth all the extra laundry. Their daughter wasn’t typical, she was unique, it was a miracle to suddenly see the newborn baby turn over her stomach the first chance she got.

 

 

Somin had a slightly lonely childhood since she is an only child and didn’t go to kindergarten until the age of five. Her mother was a stay at home mom, you can’t call her a housewife since her father did his share of chores too after coming home from work. Little Somin would watch her mother make food and bake, she would also ‘help’ her mother in a form of eating the leftover whipped cream or sometimes the leftover dough that would leave her with an aching tummy. But hey, at least nothing went to waste.

 

Just thinking about the muffins make her hungry, great. As if paying attention wasn’t already hard enough.

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

“Awh, I want a muffin.” Somin wails miserably, her stomach growls in want for the spongy goodness. Three hours since the hunger started and she still hasn’t got her muffin. Her friends as in Jiwoo, Taehyung and BM, turn to look at her weirdly. Jiwoo narrows her eyes before tugging herself close to Taehyung’s side. Somin sees this subtle action and widens her eyes in disbelief. How can her best friend think that she would try to take or steal her boyfriend.

 

"Not that kind of a muffin, I mean the kind that you can eat and tastes like banana.” Somin huffs, if only her mother hadn’t gotten a job and stopped baking the delicious treats, now she might not miss it as much. The truth is no matter what, she will always miss them. Maybe she will ask her mother to bake them again, or give her the recipe, baking is not her strong point but, if it is something simple, it is a piece of cake.

 

The small pout that adorns Somin’s face, has BM’s breath hitching. She looks younger than ever, the sleeves of her pink jumper almost reach her fingers.

 

"We can go to the cafe across the street, they have pretty good muffins and coffee.” BM suggests, the pout disappears and turns into a beaming smile. To Matthew, the way Somin’s expression and mood change at the smallest of things is down right adorable. Never before has he felt this way, towards a friend. Warmth all over his body when her eyes turn into crescents, when she eats something very delicious and feels happy, when she cheers for everyone to do their best, and when she does, just about anything.

 

"Yes!” The petite girl squeals, she feels kiddy, muffins!

 

"Can we go now?” Somin asks excitedly, it’s lunch and the third year students are allowed to go outside of school grounds during lunchtime. Matthew smiles back a little nervously, he actually thought about going after school, when it’s just the two of them. The reason to that is of course because their best friends are having one of their after school dates, it’s not because he wants it to be just the two of them, it’s just how the circumstances are. Watching Somin act so childlike, the way she never usually does, how could he say no? He doesn’t.

 

"Yeah, we can go now. I’ll go get my wallet and then we can go.” BM replies, Somin nods in return, smile radiant. Taehyung comes with him, he says he also doesn’t have his money with him. Once the boys are out of sight a figure steps in front of Somin.

 

"Somin-ah, go out with me.”  





 

Bobby.

 

She looks at him incredulously, no flowers, no quotes, no nothing. Except those words and a face that doesn’t tell anything, a mask. Many other's response would be to immediately say yes.

 

"No.” Somin says sternly, her eyebrows are scrunched up. Disapprovement clear in her face and voice, she has rejected him too many times to act politely anymore. He scoff, literally scoffs, he looks back at her hard, just like she looks at him. Bobby chuckles, amusement far from it. His gaze flicks to the floor, but it’s right back on her a second later.

 

"Why? Your boyfie wouldn’t like it?” He laughs daring. Somin’s facade breaks momentarily in confusion at the words.

 

"What? I don’t have a boyfriend.” She declares. Bobby takes steps towards her after the words left , smile, cocky as ever. He moves his body against her’s.

 

"Good, then your friend won’t mind when I do this.” Before she can even comprehend the said words, Bobby takes a hold of both sides of her face and slants his lips against her. His lips move against her’s. Somin tries to squirm away, his hold is firm and strong, her petite frame is no match to his lean and taller body.

 

The player is pulled backwards harshly, forced to break his hold on Somin. Matthew steps in front of Somin as fast as a lightning.

 

"Back off.” Matthew spats, voice like venom. A voice that usually soothes Somin. She feels relieved, not being forced anymore, to be touched by a man she can’t even stand.

 

"Don’t be sad that I did what you and the whole school has wished to do.” Bobby replies smugly. BM ignores what the snake said and takes a step forward, when a loud thud resonates in the corridor. Bobby is laying on his back on the floor, Somin stands in front of him, face showing nothing but disgust. She punched him, straight under his jaw.

 

"Don’t you dare touch me again.” Somin barks before she turns around and leaves. Students that have gathered around them to watch the drama make way to the blonde beauty, their eyes are wide and mouths hang open. Jiwoo goes to follow her but a large hand on her arm stops her. Matthew looks straight at her eyes, he lets go of her arm and follows Somin through the crowd. Taehyung comes next to her, he wraps his arm around her waist and brings her close to him in a hug. Jiwoo gladly complies and wraps her thin arms around his shoulders, she rests her head against his right shoulder. She looks up at him, his eyes convey silent words of support and fondness.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

Matthew grabs Somin’s hand in his own, she turns around to face him, her eyes hold a great amount of sadness and that is something he hates to see. He leads the two of them in front of the entrance, BM opens the door and it’s pouring heavily. Suddenly Somin is lead outside and the two of them break off into a run, she doesn’t know where they are going to, but if it at least isn’t here, she doesn’t mind, she is tired. They run and run until Matthew feels like it is enough, they end up in front of a closed down convenience store near the school. There is nothing else near the area, it’s just the two of them. They find shelter under an extended roof of the convenience store. Matthew turns around, Somin is more than drenched in water, the same goes to himself. He steps closer to her, even drenched she still manages to look beautiful.


"Are you okay" Matthew asks her, eyebrows furrowed in concern. She looks up at him, the sound of the heavy rain, now a distant background noise.

The tall man before him, radiates comfort she has come well accustomed to. Somin feels a lump form in , forming tears sting the corners of her amber eyes. She doesn't want to let them go, never before has she let them flow.

The brown orbs that gaze down at her pierce her soul. She will not be weak, she will not cry.

Somin nods her head. Something warm suddenly pours down her face. One by one, tears form in her eyes and flow down her face. Her eyes widen in shock, her hands fly up, petite fingers hover over her cheeks.  The pain in her heart grows every passing second.
Matthew's chest aches at the sight in front of him.

"No... I- I'm not." The blond beauty croaks, the pain too unbearable. Simultaneously, large hands tug her forward against a toned chest. Warmth surrounds Somin, long, strong arms circle around her, holding her tight. She leans into the man, tears flowing freely, something that hasn't happened in years.

"I know you aren't" Matthew murmurs above her, he tightens his hold on her, as if it was even possible.

"I'm so tired." She sobs, distress clear in her weak voice. Somin feels like she will collapse, knees weak, but, she knows she won't. The strong arms around her are proof of that. They stand there, away from the pouring rain, for who knows how long. Maybe for minutes, or hours.

"I- I feel so disgusted. He, he didn't even ask permission." Somin mutters, by now her sobs have toned down into sniffles and occasional tears. Matthew tenses at the words, leftover anger starts to bubble inside of him, however, he let's it go, for now.

"I, can make you forget." Matthew states. The words confuse the smaller, Somin lifts her head up from the warm chest.

"How?" She looks up at the basketball player, her voice small. Slowly, Matthew lift his right hand up to cradle her face. He gazes down at her, softly, he leans down. Warm breath puffs against her face, her heartbeat speeds up at their closeness. There wasn't even much distance between them to begin with. Just a little more and their lips would touch. Matthew looks into her eyes, seeking for permission. Somin nods and closes her eyes, a single tear trickles down her cheek, that is all it takes for him to close the distance between them. Their lips touch each others, finally.

 

The rain has stopped by now, but they are too busy in their own world to notice.


 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

 

Long time no write, I hope you enjoyed.

Short af, so sorry. Hopefully I can make it up to you sometime. Also.....

 

HAS GOTTEN REAL!!!!! I'm very excited to wright the next chapters, especially after this chap ;)

 

- Eskay -