Chapter 3 - Because why not?

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

"Stop touching my hair! Personal space man." Shouts the other half of the couple that stumbles down the corridor, making people turn their heads. The other half completely ignores what the other says as he practically hangs in the other playing with the latter's hair. 

Misunderstandings are ought to ensue, due to the close proximity of the pink haired girl and black haired guy.

 

"God you are ing heavy, get off!" Jiwoo shouts to Taehyung, who finally decides to give the other some space and takes a step back. The two of them now located in front of Somin's locker. It's amusing to Somin see her best friend interact with and old crush. A tall male sneaks behind the now bickering couple, who are too fixated on hurling words at each other, to notice. The said male slams his arms around the couple, who in exchange react very, very amusingly. Jiwoo drops to the floor shrieking while Taehyung screams, very manly of course(not really). Somin's laugh is usually not so loud but now her laugh is a mixture of high pitches and breathy laugh that sounds very dorky, which makes BM laugh even harder, now feeling pain in his stomach for laughing too much. Normally Somin would be utterly embarrassed when people hear her dorky laugh but she doesn't mind it now, feeling hundred percent comfortable with the tall male in front of him. 

 

The four of them had gotten more familiar with each other since the hang out at Somin's place. Jiwoo had even surprisingly to Somin, suggested to her that they would let the two males in their tight friend group. Phone numbers have been exchanged and lunches spend together. Although it seems like Jiwoo is regretting it, seeing how she is now scowling at the said males. 

 

Finally after laughing for good few minutes, Matthew composes himself but still smiles with his eyes slightly wrinkled. The amused smile drops from his face immediately after turning to look at Somin. Somin's normally light brown hair now replaced by golden locks, making her look even more angelic than before. The colour of amber in her eyes looking even stronger, if that was even possible. Beautiful.

 

"Ay, your hair is blond, looks good on you." He smiles at Somin, eyes lingering on her features. The complement has Somin flustering, her right hand flies up to touch her hair, it's a habit she has gotten from her mother, when feeling uncomfortable. She and Jiwoo dyed their hair on their 'girls' day out' that turned into 'let's colour our hair and be different day'.

 

"Ooh, did you see her hair?" Jiwoo asks Somin who is in the middle of devouring a cheese burger. "Yeah it was pretty cool." Somin happily mumbles with full, good food equals a happy Somin.

 

"Hey let's dye our hair!" The sudden declaration has Somin almost choking on the burger. Once again Jiwoo gets a spontaneous idea, that their parents won't probably approve of, last time it was going all the way to Busan to eat The best pork and rice soup and coming home at 1 am, because why not? 

 

Somin looks at Jiwoo sceptically, eyes narrowed. "No."

 

"Oh come on bish. It'll be super fun." Jiwoo takes a hold of Somin's hand and starts to drag their way to the hair salon. Somin didn't even get to finish her burger, and pouts at turn of events. Somin protests, shouting her friend to stop, getting looks from people who pass by. Deciding that there is no point in protesting anymore since her best friend can be very hard headed, Somin stops and goes with the 'flow'...

 

"Re- really? I thought it looks a little weird" Somin stammers, Why did I stammer? 

 

"Nahh, it looks perfect." Matthew declares smiling brightly, Somin's cheeks turn a shade pinker, a weird feeling in her chest, she feels warm suddenly, Am I sick? A Groan from their side has them looking at their best friends, who seem to be in the middle of a one sided boxing match.

 

"Can you stop using me as your personal punch bag!" Taehyung growls as he gets a hold of Jiwoo's wrists preventing her from hitting him again. Jiwoo pushes Taehyung away while grumbling something under her breath eyebrows knit together.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

As the two girls are eating at the lunch table, Jiwoo is still grumbling. Somin has had enough of her best friend acting like a little baby. She places her chopsticks down on the table and moves her tray before turning to her friend, ready to lecture. Somin's mouth turns shut at the next words that leave Jiwoo's mouth.

 

"I need a boyfriend, that's it I'm tired of this." Jiwoo slams her hands on the table, she is done with the single life. BM and Taehyung coming just in time to hear what their pink haired friend has said. Jiwoo notices the two boys and get's a spontaneous idea. She lifts her hand and points at one of them.

 

"You! We're in a relationship now." Jiwoo announces without much of a thought, staring directly at Taehyung whose eyes have widened to plates. Somin is out of guard, jaw almost dropped to the floor, Matthew just chokes in his own spit. The next words Taehyung mutters take Jiwoo off guard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay."

 

Taehyung has a crush on Jiwoo.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"I can't believe you just asked him out like that." Somin half yells in Jiwoo's ear as the two of them walk down the street towards Jiwoo's house this time.

 

"Why not, he's cute and funny." Jiwoo says like it's not a big deal of any sorts. Somin just stares at her best friend bewildered. Jiwoo never ceases to amaze her. "But you practically squabble everyday!" Somin reminds Jiwoo.

 

"So, it's fun." Jiwoo smiles affectionately.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"She's reliable, cute and a kind person. She's cold on the outside but warm in the inside." Taehyung smiles affectionately, at the thought of the girl he is now somewhat dating. BM looks at his friend and he can see how happy and affectionate his friend is towards Jiwoo. an unexpected pair but, If his friends are happy then, why not?

 

"Man, since when did you have a crush on her? And why didn't you tell me?" Matthew eyes his best friend and throws his arm around him.

 

"Since I transferred here. She actually helped me to get the girls off my neck finally. The way she never leaves Somin's side and tries to get rid of the douchebags hitting on Somin is admirable." Taehyung remarks. 

 

Matthew's eyebrows furrow at the words. Somin still gets hit on by guys even though it has lessened now. The look in her eyes every time, always the same. The fact that she has dealt with this for more than two years, makes BM feel bad. He himself can't take the girls hitting on him right now and it hasn't even been two weeks. He doesn't want to see Somin's eyes sorrowful ever again, at least not because of douchebags. 

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

Somin's phone rings on the bedside table vibrating and she picks it up. She probably left something at Jiwoo's, but the caller isn't who she expected it to be.

 

"H- hi" Somin murmurs, gnawing at her lower lip, her other hand rising to touch her hair.

 

"Hey, I was wondering if you want to hang out tonight?" Matthew's smooth, warm voice questions at the other end of the line. 

Somin feels suddenly excited, her nerves a wreck.

 

"Yeah."

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

A full on smile creeps up to Somin's face at the slight excitement that spreads all over her body, she enjoys BM's company very much. The mood always turns up a notch, when he's around. 

 

BM said he would come pick her up from her house at around eight o'clock, it's now ten to eight. Somin decides to settle with black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a jean jacket, casual. She ties her blond silky hair up to a loose ponytail when she hears the doorbell ringing. She could have changed her makeup but she chooses not to, it's not like she is going to perform in front of thousands of people. Somin grabs a shoulder bag from her closet and stuffs her phone, keys and wallet in it before she runs down the stairs. A bright smile and cones of ice cream greet her as she opens the door.

 

"I hope you like french vanilla or hazelnut, if not, this was a waste of useful pocket money." Matthew asks hopefully a little nervous, he didn't know what flavor Somin likes or if she eats ice cream at all. The gesture flutters Somin's heart and lifts a happy child like smile on her face, she's happy. She bends down to grab a pair of sneakers and puts them on. She rices back up and takes the french vanilla happily before she a stripe of the delicious treat. "Well good thing I never say no to ice cream.".

 

"Mom, Dad, I'm going out!" Somin shouts, her parents were unaware of their daughter's plans to go out. Unexpectedly BM feels something soft and petite curl around his wrist, Somin's hand tugs BM out of the household as she slams the front door shut with her other. She suddenly starts to run, pulling Matthew along. His long legs easily catch up to Somin's short ones. 

 

Somin doesn't know why she started running, why she didn't tell her parents anything or why she is laughing, she doesn't know, what she does know is that BM is laughing too, here, with her. 

 

The two stop running after finding themselves in front of their school's grounds, both pant heavily, ice creams somewhat melted but still completely edible. It's dark and their only source of light are the streetlamps and the light that peeks through the windows of houses. Somin takes a seat on the dusty pavement and chooses to ignore the extra laundry she will have to do and starts to the creamy goodness.

 

"Oh my god, you act like a kid. You're so unpredictable." Matthew pants, he should really start working out again. Unfaced by the words, the smaller one of the two takes a large bite of her ice cream and slowly stands up. Somin's petite figure advances towards BM, she stops until she can feel his breath on her skin. Somin flutters her lashes as she tiptoes, her breath fans against Matthew's ear, who has turned completely frozen at the seductive action. Never has he felt this nervous and the scent vanilla and lemon invade his nose, very welcomed. 

 

"I'm sorry." Somin whispers, she slams her ice cream to BM's face and starts to laugh madly. Cold milky substance drips down BM's now gaping face, the sight amuses Somin to no end. He said she acts like a child so she acts like a child, because why not?

 

"Haha catch me if you can." Somin sing songs as she takes off, running to who knows where.

 

"Oh, I will." Matthew throws his cone away and begins the chase of the blond angel. 

 

 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

 

So, I don't know how I will update this book in the next couple of weeks, but I promise to do my best. Who knows, I might find some inspiration during my 

trip ^•^

 

Wohoo J.woo is sailing. The question is when will Bmin sail?

If anyone of you has an idea for this book, send me a message. And yes I know this was a very slow and short update -.-

 

I expect you all to have seen "secret KARD", if not, I suggest you go check it out. GAHHH KARD's friendship is amazing and 110% real. Also all the shipping material we get from the show is so overwhelming!!!!

 

Please speak up if there is something bothering you in this book. It's okay, I can take it. Or if there is something you particulary like, let me know. So be sure to comment your thoughts. Feedback let it be good or bad, is the key to improvement.

 

Also if you need someone to talk to or just want to be friends, I'm here ;) 

 

~Eskay~

 

 

 

Where I got the idea for the J.woo couple.