Prologue - The goddess and the stranger

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

In high school Somin has always been the centre of many people's interest, because of her looks. Many have tried getting her attention, and still try, but to no avail. Somin prefers staying at the sidelines, out of people's reach. She isn't shy or anything, she just knows that with many ties, there comes many problems with them. Also many of the people who wish her attention, want it for the wrong reason. She is a smart girl, she knows when someone is trying to get advantage of her. Even though she is careful, Somin does have couple of friends from her school, her best friend Jiwoo included. 

 

Many guys try to get close to her, frankly speaking, everyone of them is quite dumb. They are no match to her standard, not even close to it. Trying to get her attention with flowers she never accepts, with love quotes you see in movies or tumblr, with the little knowledge they have of her, they still confess their feelings to her. How can you love me, when you don't even know me she thinks every time she rejects someone. She seeks for love too, it might not seem like it but, she does. She dreams of finding her own beloved, not a prince charming. Because fairy tales are fiction and every story has its ending, she doesn't want a written ending, she wants love. 

 

Her good looks are no joke, she looks like a goddess. Her long, wavy, light brown hair fits her face perfectly. Her eyes are of a rare colour, they are amber, naturally long black eyelashes. She has a petite figure and her height is average compared to other girls at her school. Also her taste in fashion is impeccable. Many girls envy her because of her popularity, looks and overall persona. Still they try to be her friends because of those very reasons.

 

Today seems like any other day. Rays of sunlight hit her face as she lays in bed, her face is peaceful as she dreams of whatever. A beeping sound of an alarm clock starts to waft around the room, Somin's face scrunches up in distaste as she wakes from her sleep. She blinks the sleep away from her eyes couple of times before she rouses and walks to her private bathroom to start the day.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

Milk is splattered on the corner of Somin's mouth as she eats cereal, dripping down her chin. Not noticing it as she goes through her social media accounts.

 

"My pretty girl, why can't you eat as prettily as you look, hm? Come on now, wipe that away." Her mother pesters as she enters the kitchen and sees how her daughter eats. Her mother is bit shorter than her and a bit plump woman, with a lot of wrath if needed and great humor. Somin can still remember this one time when she was six, a boy had pushed her from the swing, it didn't even hurt but it didn't stop her mother from scarring the little boy for life.

 

"Mom, this is nothing compared to how dad eats." Somin argues back with a playful tone. Her mother looks at her, face unimpressed before it breaks into a wide smile. She knew when to take things seriously and this was not one of those things.

 

"I know sweetie, but just because your father eats like a pig and should never be allowed to eat in public, doesn't mean that you should follow his footsteps in the path of eating." Her mother points out and as if on cue, her father comes into the kitchen looking very sour. His father, tall and thin, opposite to her mother, but not so much. 

 

"Good morning honey pig." Her mother greets his father, just because. His father looking more sour than couple of seconds ago, before a wide smirk lifts onto his face. 

 

"Good morning to you too big meat bun." He shoots back as he hugs her wife tightly. She gasps understanding the meaning behind the so called 'pet name', and goes to hit him on his as he let's go of her, trying to get away, smirking widely at the unpleased reaction he got from his wife.

 

"Doesn't feel nice, now does it?" He says to her and they start bickering, that consists of lazy comebacks. Somin watches from the side, giggling at her parents' silliness, before turning to the clock, only to notice that she was supposed to leave five minutes ago. A slight panic hits her when she realises that she will be late if she doesn't leave right away. She gets up from her seat at the counter and dashes off to her room to get her things. Running down the stairs in a haste, she is just about to make a run for it, but stops when her father calls her.

 

"Dad I really need to leave or I'll be late to school" She opens the front door, but the car key that has been put onto her hand, makes her stop again. Looking up at his father.

 

"I know and I also know that I can take you to school on my way to work, so you don't have to run on the streets like a headless chicken." His father laughs at her and already that has her feeling the panic go away.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

Today seemed like any other day to Somin until she stepped into to school corridor, something was different, people were whispering more, looking more excited than usual, which was weird considering this was a monday and a school, also it felt like people were expecting something that was not her, at least not only her, which she is very grateful for. She hopes that whatever this thing is will continue, she really appreciates her privacy. She is turning around the corner only to walk into something, or actually someone. Because she is wearing slightly high heels and her balance is now shaken she stumbles backwards and starts falling. She squeaks closing her eyes waiting for the impact, but it never comes as hands slip around her waist keeping her upright and against a firm chest. Surprised Somin opens her eyes, tilting her head back to look at that someone, only to meet a face she has never seen before. The strangers dark brown orbs piercing and smooth light brown hair falling a bit over his forehead. He was much taller than Somin and wore a red basketball jersey. She looks at him, he looks at her, everything is quiet, people around already fell quiet when the collision took place. An awkward atmosphere takes over and like broken from a trance they part, realizing their surroundings.

 

"Are you okay?" They both ask in unison, making the atmosphere even more awkward. The stranger starts rubbing his neck sheepishly, the abnormally pretty girl drops her gaze on the floor, feeling flustered.

 

"Are you hurt?" the stranger tries again and clears his throat out of nervousness. He looks at the girl in front of him, trying to get a better look at her, wanting to make sure that what he saw was real. Did he really see the colour of amber in the girl's eyes? His suspicion was confirmed when the girl looked up at him, making him inwardly gasp.

 

"I'm fine, sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and are you okay?" a small smile spreading on Somin's face. The stranger is taken aback because of the smooth voice of the girl and the answer indicating that the crash was her fault and wondering if he was okay.

 

"I'm totally fine and it was my fault so no need to apologize, I should be the one apologizing." He says quickly with a handsome smile on his face and a kind voice, laughing slightly at the end. 

 

"No need, how about we agree that we both were at fault." Somin suggests laughing a little and honestly feeling slightly dumb for not looking where she was going and running into someone in public. The stranger looks at the now quite interesting girl, with a wider smile now on his lips.

 

"Sounds good" He agrees to the small deal. Warmth taking over him.

 

"Um, I should get to class" Somin says a bit shyly, feeling a little weird from the sudden warmth tugging at her stomach. The stranger also seems to take in the surroundings once again, remembering that he himself has things to do too.

 

"Yeah, I should also get going. Well, see you around." he bids goodbye, with that handsome smile of his.

 

Bye stranger she says to herself as she watches the stranger's back moving further away from her. Before walking into her own class, ignoring the stares she gets.

 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

 

I'm pretty new to writing and hopefully I'll get better at it during this project.

 

So this was the prologue to this book, this is the first fanfiction I have ever written so I hope I don't mess up. I tried to look for any grammar errors, but if there are, I'm sorry, english isn't my first language. I