Chapter 1 - Bump into each other

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

Somin never really studies at home or even write any notes in class, because there is no need. She learns easier listening to the teachers, at every class she analyses what the teacher is saying and what the teacher is trying to teach. When a test is coming up, all she needs to do is to go through the textbook once and she is ready. Being able to listen carefully with no difficulties and with thought, no words going past is a good trait. But right now listening to the teacher is quite difficult with her best friend babbling about some brand new juicy gossips. Somin tries to block out the gossip talk and listen to the teacher explaining something about different formulas. Nope, it's not working. Deciding that her friend has talked enough she literally takes some tape from her bag and puts it on Jiwoo's mouth, to shut her up, yes it's weird but that's how Somin is around her friends. 

 

"That's mean." Jiwoo glares before she starts pouting like the baby she is, sometimes. Jiwoo has many characters, she is tough and brave around other people, but can also sometimes act very preserved, and for example, right now she is acting like a baby.

 

"Well some of us here are trying to learn something and not breathe other people's lives unlike others" Somin empathizes on the word others. "But there are so many gossips going around since, summer holiday just ended." Jiwoo whines, once again. Somin has never been interested in gossips, especially when half of them are false. Jiwoo just enjoys the amusement they give, sometimes amusement coming before studying but that's just how she is. 

 

"Oh yeah there is this new guy at our school, he's from America. I wonder if girls will try something on him before he sees you. You know since you always steal guys hearts." Jiwoo suddenly says, ending the sentence jokingly earning a displeased look from her best friend. Somin doesn't like it when her and the word 'guy' are in the same sentence. 

 

"Okay, okay that was not funny, but seriously remember last year when Taehyung transferred here. It took months before the girls stopped bombarding him and his locker. I still feel bad for that kid." Jiwoo says with seriousness, with a hint of amusement. Somin snorts at the word kid, Taehyung is in no way a kid, not in Jiwoo's eyes anyways. Somin still hasn't forgotten the small crush Jiwoo had on him last year, even if it was a fleeting one. 

 

"So what else is there to tell about this new guy?" Deciding that what the teacher is saying isn't important, Somin continues the conversation with slight interest. Her best friend's eyes lit up immediately at the response she get's from the normally 'no talking in class' girl. 

 

"His name is Matthew Kim, yeah I know a weird name, he's in class 3B so he's the same age as us, he's tall and quite handsome and he's straight" Jiwoo says matter of factly. The last piece of information throwing Somin off guard, since it's only the guy's first day here.

 

"How do you know he's straight, have you met him?" She asks incredulously. 

 

"No, some first year asked him, the dude was just going to his locker when the girl just bombarded him and asked him about his ulity, the guy doesn't seem to mind being asked personal questions. I swear, first years are just getting worse every single day." Her best friend answers with amusement, enjoying the pain the new guy has already gotten. Sometimes Somin wonders what is going inside of her best friends head, one thing she does know is that it's messy in there

 

"I'd freak out if I were him, but I guess Americans are less preserved." She speculates. Jiwoo humming in agreement. A loud slam on the teacher's desk makes the two best friends whip their heads to the front, meeting a very displeased Mrs. Seo looking at them with cold eyes. 

 

Great, just great, Somin thinks grimly, before she glances at her best friend looking annoyed, her own face probably along the same line.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"God, why is Mrs. Seo such an . Why do you two have to have some stinky eye relationship going on, I can't take her demandings anymore. Like we didn't even bother the others and we have stay and clean up the somehow very messy classroom!" Jiwoo complains on their way to lunch after third period.

 

"Ask her not me, it's not my fault she hates me for no apparent reason." Somin answers, feeling a bit annoyed at their chemistry teacher.

 

"Anyways, I wonder what the new guy looks like. The descriptions I have of him aren't exactly detailed." Jiwoo lights up, not bothering to complain anymore. A transfer student means less attention on Somin, which she is very grateful for.

 

The sound of girls giggling and talking is the first thing the two best friends hear as they enter the cafeteria. A bunch of girls have crowded around a table at the back of the light blue coloured cafeteria. Ignoring the scene Somin goes to get some chicken salad for her rumbling tummy. She would really like to get some noodles but that would mean messy eating and that is something she doesn't want others witnessing.

 

"Wow, the new guy has some serious patience. He hasn't run away yet, impressive." Jiwoo says from behind her, sounding too amused considering this is about their new fellow student. 

 

"Don't say you are already falling for the new guy." Somin smirks at her best friend as they settle down on a white table near the front of the cafeteria. She ignores the stares of awe she gets from other students, she got used to the stares during the first couple of months of high school.

 

"It takes more than that to get me falling, or even stumbling." Jiwoo points out with a loud snort. Very lady like. 

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"Damn, the girls here are crazy" Matthew says to Taehyung as they walk down the corridor. Kim Taehyung, the greatest best friend a guy could have and also a childhood friend of Matthew Kim. Their friendship is the main reason why Matthew decided to transfer.

 

"Not all of them are like that, but I know what you mean. I went through the same thing you are experiencing now, when I came here last year. Don't expect it to end anytime soon, it took months for me." Taehyung ends it with a monotone voice. 

 

"By the way are you sure you want to eat lunch here?" Taehyung asks Matthew just as they are about to enter the cafeteria. Matthew turns to look at his best friend weirdly.

 

"Yeah... I'm hungry as hell and I don't have any lunch with me." He answers with a dramatic expresssion, laughing afterwards at his best friend's silliness. It is a mistake.

 

Entering the cafeteria is a mistake, immediately girls started giggling and asking for his attention. .

 

"Okay let's just eat quickly and go. Also I'm going to get you, why didn't you tell me it would be like this?" He asked his oh so great best friend. His best friend just answers with a shrug of his shoulders and an clearly amused smile. 

 

"What a great best friend you are" He says annoyed only to get back an overly dramatic gasp from his best friend. Girls stare shocked at the two best friends'. "Are oppa and Taehyung oppa best friends?" A pretty black haired girl asks Matthew in wonder, she isn't as pretty as her.

 

"Yes, we are the bestest friends, right Taetae?" He turns to look at his best friend with a bright smile. The girls giggle at the cute nickname. Revenge, brother, He messages to his best friend with glinting eyes.

 

"Now, BM oppa and I have to go get something to eat, so we'll see you later then." Taehyung says to the girls politely with a smile as they slip away from the crowd of girls. "Really? BM oppa. That sounds so weird."  Matthew eyes his friend as he grabs some fries on his tray.

 

"I'm not going to start calling you Matthew, it sounds too sophisticated. Come on let's go sit at the back." Taehyung answers laughing a little.

 

As they settle down on a table, girls started crowding around them asking them numerous questions. Guys are scowling at them, for taking the girls' attention, but stopped when they saw something else. 

 

After five minutes of eating and girls' attempts for a relationship with BM the two boys decided to leave. During the haste of getting away from girls Matthew didn't actually look where he is going and then it happened.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

A black haired basketball player entering the lunchroom has Somin almost choking on her salad, not for the reasons you might think of based on her reaction.

 

"Jiwoo we need to go, now." Panic is clear on her voice as she shakes her best friend furiously. Wishing that her dear best friend will comply without difficulty, but her wish doesn't come true. 

 

"But I haven't even finished my lunch yet." Jiwoo whines in protest not seeing the panic in her best friend's face, too engulfed with fried chicken.

 

"Bobby. Is. Here. We. Need. To. Leave." Somin tries again. Jiwoo's eyes widen in realisation of the situation. Bobby Kim, the schools heartbreaker. Player, cocky and has his eyes on Somin like the others. The thing is that Bobby, he tries too hard, he thinks that being the most popular guy in school is going to impress her and make her fall for him. And the pick up lines are the same as the others, so cliche.

 

The two girls get up, sneaking their way to the trash and getting weird looks from other students. They bow their heads down so Bobby won't see them, at least not too easily. As they almost powerwalk to the entrance of the cafeteria Somin bumps into someone that sends her stumbling backwards at Jiwoo. Screeching loudly, they fall down with Somin on top of Jiwoo, the hardness of the floor has them both groaning in pain, especially Jiwoo.

Today just isn't my day Somin thinks to herself while she lays on top of her best friend and before she can scold herself for not looking where she was going again, a familiar deep voice breaks in.

 

"Damn, I'm so sorry, I- I wasn't looking where I was going." The person says frantically as he takes a hold of her hand and lifts her up, panic clear in his voice. The large hand holding her's feels very familiar. Looking up at the one who bumped into her, has her eyes widening in realisation, it's him. The guy looks shocked, upon seeing her face once again, in a similar situation as this morning's 'event'. By now everyone is staring at them with wide eyes, including Bobby.

 

"You... Um, are you okay? Again?" The guy asks her, looking at her sheepishly once again. The question has warmth spreading around her stomach making her smile, the action has people around them gasping. 

 

"I'm fine, again. And are you okay? Again?" She asks with a small voice, that has others gasping once again for no apparent reason.

 

"Well I'm not the one who was a part of the human domino effect, so I'm very fine. Also you know when I said see you around, I actually meant it. I don't think bumping into each other literally is safe for anyone." The guy responds while laughing adorably. Somin looks at the stranger with a wide smile before laughing a little too.

 

"I think that we haven't met properly yet so why don't we introduce ourselves. My name is Jeon Somin, class 3A." She introduces herself, feeling a bit too excited to find out what the stranger's name is.

 

"Matthew Kim, class 3B. Nice to bump into you. " He says amused. He's the new guy?! Why didn't I realise this sooner. Seriously Somin, use your brain. A cough has her breaking from her thoughts and looking up at the stranger with wide eyes.

 

"Is my name that funny? You can call me BM, but please do not call me 'BM oppa'" Matthew asks Somin because of her earlier response. 

 

"No! I mean no, I was just surprised. I didn't realise you are the new transfer student. And really BM oppa? That sounds so weird." She looks at him, with slightly narrowed eyes. 

 

A cough has the couple looking at their best friends with wide eyes, simultaneously the two take a step back from each other, and let go of each other's hand, they didn't even realise the fact they were still holding hands. Jiwoo looks at Somin with narrowed eyes, we'll talk about this later. At the same time the boys were having a wide eyed eye conversation with each other, until Jiwoo broke the silence with a clap of her hands.

 

"So, this is pretty awkward and I think the way to stop this silence in the cafeteria is to leave and let people gossip around, so I think it's time for me and Somin to leave." Jiwoo says slowly to Somin and the two boys. She looks at Somin waiting for her response as she takes a hold of her hand.

 

"Yeah, well see you around." Somin says to the two boys before turning to leave with her best friend.

 

"Hey! Let's not bump into each other literally next time." BM says before she has even taken a step. She turns around to face him with a beautiful smile. "Okay".

 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔