Chapter 2 - So bad after all

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

Omg I'm so delulu in this chapter, like this isn't a freaking manga, this is a fanfiction book.

Relationships with guys, let it be romantic or just friendly, have always been a foreign subject to Somin. Now, it does not mean she is naive for these things, she has read and watched dozens of movies that involve a romantic relationship, she just hasn't really had one. She did get 'married' to a boy once in kindergarten but that doesn't really count and in middle school boys never talked to her or approached her, her mother said that the reason was that boys were too scared to approach her because she was so pretty and charismatic, and it was true. Although that changed when high school started, guys started approaching, even the guys on their last year of high school. Guys confessed to her, gave her flowers, said pick up lines that didn't increase her heart beat even the slightest. They actually started bothering her, even now not a week goes by without someone confessing to her or giving her flowers and gifts, never does she accept them either. Sometimes Jiwoo accepts them 'for her' even though in reality she just eats the chocolates because, why not? 

 

Somin thinks all these things as she watches herself in the mirror washing her teeth, quite messily so too. After the incident she and Jiwoo didn't talk about it, instead they talked about things they usually talk about, which Somin was grateful for. But she has  a feeling that today will be different. She wouldn't even know what to say, she is confused. Why is she confused when there is nothing to be confused of.

 

The unknown confusing thing is starting to give Somin a headache she doesn't want to deal with today.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"She nevers smiles like that with guys" Taehyung suddenly says as they enter the school, some people staring at them like hawks. BM not even noticing the stares unlike his best friend who notices almost everyone of them.

 

"Who?" BM asks confused, opening his locker, only for tons of notes and a couple of gifts to fall out. What the heck is this? He bends down to pick them up and then reads a couple of them. Matthews eyes widen in realisation, he then stuffs the notes into the bottom of his locker, out of sight, out of the mind.

 

"Somin, man I still can't believe that you walked right into her, twice and conversed with her. Ooh chocolate." Taehyung says exasperatedly before he bends down and takes one of the gift chocolates and starts to devour them. 

 

"Why wouldn't I converse with her and what do you mean she doesn't smile like that?" BM asks once again confused, eyebrows furrowed. Instead of answering directly his best friend turns him around and says "See for yourself.". The words make Matthew even more confused until he sees what his friend meant. 

 

It's Somin and some tall brown haired guy, well the guy isn't as tall as he is, but heck who is? The guy is handing a bouquet of flowers to her and smiling at her, saying something BM can't hear because of the distance. Is he her boyfriend? Matthew questions before he turns to look at Somin's face, she is smiling but not because of happiness. The next thing Somin does answers BM's earlier question. She pushes the flowers back to the guy and says something, the guy turns around and leaves. Instead of looking sad like BM expected her to, Somin seems relieved. Jiwoo comes to stand to the same spot the earlier guy stood at, looking a bit annoyed. The two best friends start talking about something. 

 

"She does that every time." Taehyung says startling him. He eyes his best friend with curious eyes before turning to look at Somin again. He starts walking towards her, why? He doesn't know, but he just feels like it. 

 

"What do you think you are doing?" His best friend asks shocked, catching up to him. Matthew's sudden action, attracts some of the people's' attention. But he chooses to ignore it. 

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

"Let's just go to class." Somin says to Jiwoo before turning around and walking into someone, can you guess who? Get a grip Somin, She scolds herself. She looks up only to scold herself even more for bumping into the same person thrice. In front of her stands a tall handsome guy, wearing a dark grey hoodie and faded light blue jeans, Matthew.

 

"Hey what did I say about bumping into each other literally, hm?" BM asks her, amusement clear in his voice. The smooth, deep voice makes Somin's insides curl and a smile stretch across her face. 

 

"Sorry..." She apologizes with a small voice, surprising Jiwoo and herself. What the heck was that, talk normally! Jiwoo suddenly scotches next to Taehyung, startling the guy a little. He composes himself after the question regarding their best friends leaves Jiwoo's mouth in a hushed tone. 

 

"I'm kidding... I saw what happened awhile ago, with the guy." BM asks her, hoping to get an explanation from the petite girl.

 

"Ah, don't even remind me of it." Somin says eyebrows furrowed but with a clear voice. She looks beautiful even when her face is scrunched up, although to Matthew she looks adorable. The earlier scene still gnaws his mind for some reason, they only met yesterday and here he is, butting into her business. He shouldn't.

 

"Are you okay?" He looks down, gazing at her eyes, concerned. His voice could calm hundreds of people at only one word. Somin would talk about her guy problems only with her friends or sometimes also with her parents, but never did she even think of talking about it with someone she just met yesterday and a guy at that. But with Matthew, she feels like she can talk about anything. So that's what she does.

 

"Yeah, I'm used to it." Even though there is nothing to smile about, she still flashes a smile to the guy in front of her. Before BM knows it, he's smiling too. Seeing the girl he bumped into, smile like that, she's so beautiful. 

 

"Seriously, when will guys stop bothering you? Three years and they still can't get it through their thick heads. A no is a no, god they are dumb" Jiwoo grumbles annoyed, clearly despising the repeating confessions that bother not only her but also her best friend. Even though it doesn't seem like it now the way Somin smiles.

 

"They are just dumb in love." Taehyung murmurs as he wraps an arm around Jiwoo's shoulder. They seem close, Somin thinks as she watches the two people's proximity. Although that thought gets thrown out of the window the second Jiwoo pushes Taehyung's arm off of her shoulder.

 

"Get your hands off me we aren't even friends yet." Jiwoo barks at Taehyung and takes a step away from him and his 'dangerous' hand. Hearing what Jiwoo said has a large smirk lifting on Taehyung's face. After realizing what she had said, Jiwoo's annoyed face morphs into a one of pure horror. 

 

"Oh did I hear correctly? Did you say yet? Does this mean you want us to be friends? Did you hear what I heard?" Taehyung asks playfully from Jiwoo before turning to ask BM. An identical smirk appears on BM's face as he crosses his arms nodding.

 

"I heard it loud and clear my friend." Matthew said clearly amused. And as if fate is on Jiwoo's side the ringing of the bell shrills across the school grounds and inside the building indicating that the first class of today is meant to begin. Hurriedly Jiwoo grabs Somin's hand and pulls her along with her, running away from the two boys, shouting goodbyes before disappearing around the corner. The two boys laugh out loud their amusements before beckoning to go to their own class.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

"I can't believe that bastard had the guts to say that I want to be his friend, yeah in his dreams." Jiwoo scoffs, still annoyed of what happened almost an hour ago. Somin can only laugh at that, in return she gets a baby Jiwoo scowling at her. 

 

"You brought that on yourself." Somin giggles snorting a little bit. Jiwoo throws her arm around Somin's neck in a headlock. They both start to laugh madly, wrestling their way down the corridor. Even if Somin acts like a child sometimes, it doesn't mean she is one. She has many characters but, everyone has. Her mind is older than her body, she thinks, she analyzes and she questions. 

 

Everyone watches her in awe, no matter what she does, 

crazy isn't it?

 

The two best friends find themselves in front of Jiwoo's locker, when a hand snakes around Somin's waist, startling her. Immediately Somin looks to her left, a smirk and black eyes greet her. Her eyes widen before she tugs herself out of the players hold, slight uneasiness comes over her.

 

"Bobby I told you I will not date you, ever." Somin says sternly to the guy who is now in front of her, the guy she dislikes the most. Every once in awhile Bobby would come up flirt to her and ask her out even though she has and will decline him every time. Sometimes Bobby acts like a sweetheart and sometimes he acts like a player to her, there is no in between.

 

"Yeah buddy get lost." Her best friend backs her up, eyes dangerous. The two best friends have had to deal with many guys before but Bobby is the worst of them all. Bobby just laughs in Jiwoo's face, what a jerk. Jiwoo looks like she is ready to jump the jerk but before she can even take a step, an arm wraps around her shoulder.

 

"Hi friend!" Taehyung says with a wide smile on his face. After him comes his tall best friend with an identical smile. Bobby eyes the two intruders, before turning back to Somin. 

 

"Friday night, you, me, let's hang out." Bobby smirks before her and Matthew's eyes flick towards him. He and Taehyung just stepped out of the classroom when they saw Jiwoo looking like an angry koala in Taehyung's words. The two of them want to have a little fun with the two girls and the cocky basketball player.

 

"Sorry dude we have plans that night, maybe some other time. There is no backing out of movie nights, ain't that right?" BM turns to look at Somin who is utterly confused at the situation at hand. Taehyung lowers his hand on Jiwoo's waist quite intimately making her furrow her eyebrows and turn to look at Taehyung in confusion before she suddenly squeaks before clearing and straightening up.

 

"Yeah busy, movie night, friends"She smiles a bit too wide to be natural but Bobby doesn't seem to notice before grunting an okay and turning around of course not forgetting to wink at Somin before leaving. 

 

"Thanks" Somin sighs in relief, Jiwoo not reacting the same peaceful manner hits Taehyung's arm, quite painfully too, seeing how he groans loudly. Taehyung turns to look at Jiwoo, eyes looking like they are ready pop out of their sockets. Knowing her best friend, Somin is sure that the bickering that is about to start will not stop anytime soon. Jiwoo tends to continue arguments even though there is no need to and it doesn't make any sense anymore. 

 

"Why the heck did you hit me!"

 

"Why did you pinch me, and do. not. touch. me. again." Jiwoo hits Taehyung between the words before BM decides to come in between them.

 

"If I wouldn't have pinched you, you wouldn't have gotten the hint." Taehyung argues back. The two of them now full on bickering with each other just like Somin predicted and in addition sounding like middle schoolers.

 

"Okay kids that's enough, now shall we agree whose place we are going to crash this friday." BM breaks the bickering, grinning widely. Somin's and Jiwoo's eyes widen, both not expecting to go through with the made up plan to stop the cocky player from bothering them more. No, just no.

 

"The hell, we are not having a movie night and we will not hang out." Jiwoo looks at the two boys in front of her. She feels like her words will do nothing, seeing how their facial expressions don't wawer, still grinning like a couple of idiots.

 

"Now now, there is no backing out of movie night. Friday after school, you, us, let's hang out." Taehyung winks at the girls before turning around and heading to class with his best friend. The two girls frown into space, they turn their heads to each other, eyes having a silent conversation.

 

No, just no.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

They were wrong. After two days with no interactions with the two boys, here they are, all four of them in front of Somin's locker. Somin and Jiwoo were sure that the boys had forgotten what they had agreed on, without their consent that is. The boys ambushed them when the two of them just stepped out of their classroom.

 

"So whose place and what will we watch?" BM grins at the two girl who in return start frowning at him and Taehyung. It's 4 pm. now, meaning that school week is over and they are free to do whatever they want.

 

"You just won't stop, now will you?" The two boys shake their heads. Jiwoo sighs in defeat, she is tired and there is no way she will start bickering with Taehyung again.

 

"We can go to my place, we have a lot of room and our house is near." Somin mutters two the three of them as she closes her locker. Somin doesn't need to ask for permission since her parents come from work in the evening and they trust her not to burn down the house. Her parents aren't strict like many others, they let her do whatever she wants, they give her advices and interfere when it's needed. The afternoon breeze and warming sun greet them as they step out. Here we go.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

It's about half past four when they get to Somin's place. Matthew and Taehyung look at the spacious front yard, that is neatly trimmed and has flower beds in front of the wooden front porch. Somin fumbles with the lock of the front door before opening it and stepping inside. Even the peach coloured hallway is quite large, coats hang neatly at the side, shoes in metallic shoe racks and a dark brown bench to sit on on the other side. The house is bigger than an average house for a family of three but her family likes it.

 

"You can leave you stuff in the hallway. Go ahead, you can wander around if you want to. Oh, Jiwoo can you set up netflix? I'll get some snacks." Jiwoo hums in reply, hanging her coat and taking off her shoes, dropping her bag on the floor. The two boys decide to look around, every room's decoration is different but matches the other perfectly. The walls are a light peach colour, overall, Matthew thinks that whoever designed the interior decoration should get praised for the amazing work. The two of them enter the living room just in time to see the netflix logo flick on the large television screen, a large gray couch sits in front of the opposite wall.

 

"So what are we going to watch? No scary movies." Somin says struggling a little bit as she enters with a tray of drinks and two large bowls of popcorn and chips, BM goes to help her out and takes the bowls off her hands, making her smile gratefully, BM feels happy when he sees her smile, not a fake smile but a real one. They place the snacks on the small coffee table, Jiwoo closes the curtains as Taehyung turns the lights off. Jiwoo takes the remote and sits down on the floor resting her back against the couch. Taehyung takes over the other end of the couch and spreads his limbs like a starfish. Somin goes to sit almost in the middle of the couch and lifts her legs up, sitting on top of her left foot as she wraps her arm around the other. Matthew sits down next to her and lifts his feet on top of a foot stool. 

 

"Maybe we should watch a comedy to break the ice." Matthew suggests, they all agree on it and decide to watch 'Baby's day out'. The movie was easy to watch since it didn't really have that much talking so it wasn't hard to keep up with watching the movie and reading the subtitles at the same time. About half way through the movie, they heard the front door opening. Somin thinks it must be her mom since she sometimes gets out of work early.

 

"Somin do you- Oh my god there are boys." Her mother yelps suddenly, making the teenagers' turn their heads towards her, BM's and Taehyung's eyes widen. Somin has never brought guys home, she has never gotten close to one, because of you know what. Somin rolls her eyes at her mother sudden outburst.

 

"Mom the movie is still on and can't you go do your things or something?" She chides her mother to leave, her mother lifts her hands up in surrender and nods her head, leaving the living room peacefully.

 

Taehyung and Jiwoo focus back on the movie, Somin goes to do the same but catches brown eyes watching her, she looks back. Matthew offers a smile at her, her insides flutter at the warm gaze, she smiles back. They keep smiling at eachother for awhile before turning to the tv again. Maybe having a movie night wasn't so bad after all.

 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

 

Oh my god, I have been so busy with soccer and everything and then suddenly I get a writers block, but here it is! Unedited -.-