Chapter 4 - Care less

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

 

“Have you signed up to anything yet? You know sign up today or never, otherwise you get thrown to the book club or something worse.” Taehyung inquires his best friend as he munches on an egg sandwich. The black haired male has habit of sleeping in on mornings, the boy blames the reason being physics homework also known as let’s play games until late and forget homework. Matthew knows well of this habit, having experienced the same situation many times.

 

“For your information I signed up already. You are now looking at the new star athlete of the basketball team.” BM grins smugly, he feels proud that he has finally reached his goal, don’t get thrown into book club. BM actually has a passion for the sport next to dancing of course.

 

“And the first practice is today. You wanna come and watch?” Matthew asks eyebrows raised a smile adores his face like a little kid’s smile to his mom after getting a part in a school play.

 

“Yeah!” Taehyung says mouth full of breakfast, eager to see his best friend kick . After all BM was the captain of the basketball team in their old school, which he totally deserved.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, Matthew catches a sight of the girl that has plagued his mind, since he first bumped into the beautiful creature. Somin’s long blond hair catches sun rays from a nearby window, making it look golden before turning back to normal. Matthew looks at Somin intently before he looks around and notices that he wasn’t the only one who caught a sight of the mortal angel. Though his best friend clearly isn’t one of them.

 

“Yah, Coffee!”

 

WHAT?

 

Matthew looks at his best friend, mind me who sounds like a madman as he saunters towards his girlfriend, shocked at the random word that tumbled out of the black haired male’s grinning mouth. Taehyung and Jiwoo started dating a week ago, BM still can’t completely digest the fact that the once every day squabbling pair is now a couple and the never ending talk of the oh so lovely school. Don’t get him wrong, BM is ecstatic that his best friend is dating the girl he has had a crush on for the longest time, the fact that he didn’t even tell him about the crush doesn’t bother Matthew at all, note the sarcasm. But to see his always positive and happy friend seem even brighter makes him feel happiness too.

 

Matthew follows his best friend toward the two girls who separately have occupied their minds, sometimes even unknowingly. Matthew gets to their destination only to be slapped in the shoulder by his best friend who now starts explaining what he picked as an elective.

 

“Basketball… At least you look the part.” Jiwoo says with a monotone voice, narrowed eyes BM’s tall figure up and down. The guy is like an eiffel tower compared to the other guys.

 

“He doesn’t only look the part, he also plays the part.” Taehyung smiles triumphantly.

 

“Yeah, anyways I was wondering if you two want to come watch me practise? Taehyung is coming too.” BM questions the two girls, with a smirk. BM turns his head toward Somin, her eyes gaze right back at him, a breath gets caught in his throat and the smirk turns to an awkward smile only he himself acknowledges it. Somin eyes widen a bit when she realises she was caught staring but she couldn’t help, usually when Somin saw smirks they were cocky and annoying but never y. They turn to look at something else almost right away, both embarrassed for different reason.

 

“What?” The earlier monotone voice now louder. The pink haired girl turns to look at her boyfriend one eyebrow raised questioningly, gaining the attention of the awkward pair next to them.

 

“What?” Taehyung asks confused as he eats the last of his sandwich dark eyes wide, that just scream innocence.

 

“We have plans after school. Were you going to ditch me? Huh, Muffin?” Jiwoo asks dangerously, if looks could kill. Taehyung’s face expression changes into a shocked one, his hand rise up toward Jiwoo. The last word Jiwoo says throw Somin and Matthew both off guard, What the heck?

 

“NO! No Coffee, I- I just forgot. I.. I just got so excited for my best friends, I’m sorry, I’ll make it up to you.” Taehyung pleads his girlfriend on his knees, he prays for his dear life.

 

“And how are you going to make it up for me, if I may ask?” Jiwoo her hip and crosses her arms. Taehyung immediately stands up and straightens his back.

 

“I’ll buy you an extra pizza and bring you coffee tomorrow?” Taehyung looks down at his girlfriend looking like a kicked puppy, luckily that is Jiwoo’s new sweet spot, Damn it.

 

“Ah, so cliche. Okay Muffin, deal.” Jiwoo clicks her tongue she acts still little annoyed even though the truth is she never was mad. Taehyung smiles happily at her making her blush a little at the cuteness of her boyfriend.

 

“Okay what the heck does Coffee and Muffin mean?” Matthew asks clearly confused with an eyebrows furrowed Somin next to him staring at the couple.

 

“They are our nicknames for eachother. I’m Muffin and Jiwoo’s Coffee.” Taehyung explains, he smiles tenderly toward his girlfriend who is now looking elsewhere like nothing is happening.

 

The two of them have hanged out together a lot, considering how long they have dated. They already even have a favorite place to go to, it is a park with a fish pond in it near their school. Jiwoo loves to feed the fishes there , it’s fun to see all the fishes to huddle up together to try to find food, she makes sure that all the fishes get to eat. It would be great if all the fishes could eat an equal amount, but the big fishes like to get as much as possible, greedy bastards.

 

The nickname thing was a new issue between the couple, that they had just picked up on, on their date yesterday evening.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

A wide smile is stretched across Jiwoo’s face as she feed’s the last pieces of bread she has left to the fishes. Taehyung is sitting next to her on the old brown bench, he stares at the pink haired beauty with such fondness that you can even see it miles away.

 

“You’re like coffee.” Taehyung suddenly voices, startling her out of her child like thoughts. The reason and how the two started dating is questionable but, it doesn’t matter. The way they act in public is a total three sixty from how they act when it’s just the two of them, now this doesn’t mean that their first hang out was like it. Their first hang out or date however you like to call it, was a little rocky. They accidentally bumped into each other at a grocery store, the meeting itself was already awkward. Jiwoo carried a big loaf of bread in her hands when she asked him if he wants to hang out. Taehyung ended up to sit next to his new so called girlfriend at the time.

 

Now there is no question to him that this untypical and preserved girl is his girlfriend. Jiwoo acts colder and talks harshly to him at school but, when they are on their little get aways she acts like any other girl. She blushes when he compliments her, laughs at his jokes and tries to be close to him, physically and emotionally. In Taehyung’s opinion, Jiwoo is warm, sweet and sometimes bitter, like coffee and just the way he likes his it.

 

“Wh- what does that mean?” Jiwoo stutters a little panicked, not sure if it’s a bad or good thing or what it even means. Taehyung leans closer and grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers, Jiwoo turns to look at him. He quietly explains what he meant with his words, a small smile graces his lips the whole time.

 

“If I’m like coffee then what are you like?” Jiwoo inquires, clearly amused.

 

“You’ll be the judge of that.”

 

“I know! You’re like a muffin, sweet, good and soft.” Jiwoo declares loudly, making Taehyung laugh heartily.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

The minute Somin enters the gymnasium, everything quietens. Jiwoo tugs her to sit at the bleachers. Jiwoo and Taehyung were supposed to go eat pizza but, Jiwoo didn’t want Somin to go alone watch BM practice. Too tired to be smart guys and Jeon Somin with no protection in one room, isn’t exactly an ideal setting. Plus a very invasive player is the cherry on top, an annoying one at that.

 

“Get back to moving people or you’ll be running laps until your legs fall off.”

 

Somin feels a little uncomfortable but it’s okay, she’s used to it. Matthew’s not okay with it not one bit and he’s not sure why. He watches his teammates eye her like they would a piece of candy. He ignores the small tugging in his chest and takes a few steps forward before he jumps and makes a slam dunk. Earning one of the most adorable smiles he has ever seen and thumbs up from certain blond. BM winks at Somin as a response, a small laugh escapes her lips, the tugging in his chest is suddenly blown out the window.

 

Half way through the practice the tugging is back and even stronger. Now the guys are just eyeing her like she’s a water bottle, a water bottle! It’s like the guys lost their filters by now and Bobby, he never has a filter. Matthew isn’t the only one who’s annoyed at this, Jiwoo threatens to throw water on anyone who comes near Somin. Aggressive, but it works. Although it doesn’t prevent guys from eyeing her and Bobby winking at her every two minutes. Somin doesn’t notice these gestures, she is too busy supporting her friend and watch him kick . Speaking of water bottles, Matthew has got an idea.

 

“Can you keep my water bottle for me in safe keeping?” BM stands in front of Somin, his water bottle in his left hand while his other hand is scratching his neck in nervousness.

 

“Sure.” Her amber eyes never cease to surprise him, it’s like they are piercing through his soul.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

After the water bottle thing, BM’s teammates seemed to tone it down a bit. The coach asked him to stay for awhile, the coach said that if he kept this up and practised more, he could become the team captain.

 

“So what did he say.” Somin stands now in front of him bouncing on her heels like a little girl. Somin suspects strongly that it is something good like, how can it be a bad when he just kicked Bobby’s and many others’ in one on one and Bobby is or was the best player in the team. Taehyung is right, Matthew doesn’t only look the part with his towering height, he also plays the part very, very well. Somin doesn’t really understand much about basketball but she knows when someone is winning. She felt so excited about Matthew’s playing that she even clapped a couple of times.

 

“Well… Don’t wonder if a certain someone will be the new captain of the basketball team.” Matthew drags the last word before puffing his chest cockily, the good kind of cocky not the annoying kind. Somin’s eyes widen a little and a large smile lifts up on her face.

 

“I knew it, you seriously kicked ! You’re so good!” Somin hits his chest, her eyes turn to crescents. Right now Matthew feels the proudest he has ever felt, he laughs in joy. He looks up from Somin trying to locate his best friend who hasn’t come to slap him in his back excitement.

 

“Where are Taehyung and Jiwoo?”

 

“Oh they went on their date.” Somin picks up a ball from the ground and starts to play around with it. The two of them are the only ones left, the guys have already went in and hit the showers. She goes to one of the whoops and tries to score, failing miserably. The ball hits the rim and it rebounces toward her, Somin screeches and quickly crouches down, hands on her head in protection. BM can’t help but laugh at this, he has to prop himself on his knees for laughing so hard. Annoyed she picks up the ball again, this time when she goes to shoot again, her body suddenly lifts up from the ground. Somin looks in down in panic, she is greeted by warm brown eyes and she relaxes instantly. She is sitting on BM’s shoulders, he holds onto her legs tightly so she doesn’t fall.

 

“Try scoring now.” BM brings her closer to the whoop. She doesn’t question his actions and throws the ball, it goes through the whoop.

 

“She goes in and she scooooores, whoop whoop ayy.” BM speaks loudly and does a lap of honour around the gymnasium, Somin laughs loudly on his shoulders, screeching here and there when she loses her balance. After a couple of minutes he lets Somin down, her legs are a little wobbly and she gets a hold of Matthew’s arm before regaining her balance.

 

“I’ll go get changed and then walk you home.” Matthew says as he lifts his water bottle from the bleachers, his eyebrows raised asking her without words, is it okay?

 

“Y- yeah.” Somin curses herself for stuttering. The boy in front of him smiles brightly at her, before he turns around and heads toward the locker rooms.

 

The walk home is full of loud laughs and weird looks from other people but, they couldn’t care less.


 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

 

Yes I know, it has been a long time since last time and I apologise. I have a ty jet lag going on, I came home the other night a slept only an half an hour.

 

I hope you are not mad at me :}

 

BUT AIN'T THAT JUST THE CUTEST, J.WOO WITH THE NICKNAMES AND ALL. BMIN WITH THE FLUFF?!! I HOPE THAT THEY WILL GET CLOSER TO EACH OTHER.

 

Also, WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR HOLA HOLA? *cough EVERYONE. THAT'S RIGHT K.A.R.D IS FINALLY DEBUTING

 

- Eskay -