Day-9

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09 | Baby

 

***

 

"Um, can't I have the fastest delivery here in Jeju? I don't think my girlfriend can wait for that long. I'll double the pay. Just please, make it faster. I'll be in trouble if the food gets cold the moment it arrives here." Yoona groans the moment the call was ended. It's her 10th call for a different branch in Seoul and other parts of South Korea, but still fails to have her order. It had been 2 hours and a half also since she started calling along with her best friend and a not so best friend blonde girl.

 

As she fell back on the couch, she whines her frustrations. "What are we going to do???!!! They are not considering us!!!"

 

"Why don't we just ask someone to cook? I mean, you know a chef, right Yoong?" Jessica also stopped from trying to order and approached the poor doe-eyed girl in the couch.

 

"What do you mean, Sica?" Asked Yuri, taking a seat next to her girlfriend.

 

"Yeah, how would I ask someone to cook for tonight's dinner? Seohyun is craving for... " Yoona suddenly widined her eyes and her lips curved into a big smile as an idea came into her brain, finally. "Why don't we hire a McDonald chef and ask him to come to Jeju and cook for us? I mean, I can borrow the kitchen in the hotel and let the McDonald's chef cooked here. How is that?" she asks the couple, looking back and forth.

 

"That's actually a good idea. That's if they will allow us to borrow their chef."

 

"Well, I can pay them double. The lucky chef will even get to meet me." Yoona smugly said as she hastily took her phone again and searched for a chef around Seoul. "You guys should help me again." she instructed.

 

Jessica and Yuri both smiled at the choding's smile and silently help their friend together.

 

Another hour that past, they finally got the deal and let the chef take a private plane with Jessica's help. What's left for them is to buy the other stuffs Seohyun have stated to the wish.

 

"I'll be back in 30 minutes." Yoona frantically left the hotel room, hoping to buy flowers even though it's almost 8pm already.

 

Jessica and Yuri who wanted to help their friends decided to stay over so they could welcome the chef and leads him to the kitchen.

 

-

 

45 minutes and 5 seconds, the door was knocked a few times, distracting both of Yuri and Jessica from their watching a movie; as they instantly jumps off of from the couch and rushed to the door, excited to open the door for their friend. Together, they open it and was surprised to see her standing outside with a basket of flowers, in both arms. Then three more baskets are on the floor. Not to mention, there are few leaves on her hair. Like she did just bought the basket in a flower shop, she seems to have help picking the flowers in a garden.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Where did you get all of these?" The couple chorus as they help their friend with it.

 

As Yoona walks inside, she shares her story. "All the flower shops around Jeju are close, so I decided to go to a flower farm. I was the glad the owner grant my wish, but I had to do some stuffs first before picking the flowers." she let out a huge sigh of relief as soon as she realized the hotel room has no sign of her unofficial girlfriend yet. It caused her to sit on the floor and her back against the wall, while she's letting herself clam down from the run she did.

 

"Wait - what are you going to do with these kids?" Yuri asks, referring to the three kids, standing by the door.

 

"Did they help you up here?" Jessica raised her brows, as she noticed the kids' hair is dishevelled and one little boy has few leaves as well. The older looked 10 years old and the youngest is four? She wasn't sure.

 

Yoona eventually returns to the door, kneeling one knee to level their gazes as she gives them a bill one by one. "Thank you guys so much. I can't do this on my own." she said, smiling gratefully. She gradually fixed their hairs before all of them bowed together as they thank her back. "Do you want to have dinner with us firs? Before going back?"

 

All three of them shakes their heads.

 

"It's okay, Noona. Appa is waiting for us outside. Thank you again for these." The taller, who is the older bowed again, but deeper this time.

 

"Oh, these are my friends, Yuri and Jessica." Yoona immediately introduces, noticing that the other two are looking up to her friends.

 

"I'm Daeul." The smallest wave his hand cutely, introducing his self.

 

"I'm Daehan." Which followed by the middle, who wears a specs, bowing and waves back to the two ladies behind.

 

"And I'm the older, Daniel." The oldest of the three siblings said, as he introduced himself as well.

 

"Awww... Are you guys siblings?" The couple asked in unison, finding them so adorable.


"Yes! Noonas!" All three kids chorus, smiling so bright.

 

"Oh gosh, I suddenly want one, baby. Let's have baby soon." Jessica shakes Yuri's arm and pout her lips close to her face.

 

"Really?" Yuri grins. She was about to lean in close when the choding interrupted.

 

"Yah! You two! We have kids here!" Yoona quickly stood and block the view from the kids to her friends.

 

"Are they leaving now? Should we bring them home?" Jessica suddenly suggested.

 

"Yes, I think we can do that for you Yoong." Yuri just automatically agrees.

 

"No." Daniel however, disagrees, as he peeks his head behind Yoona. "Our Appa is waiting outside. We can just go by ourselves." he explains.

 

"Oh, that's too bad." Yuri and Jessica both pout their lips disappointingly.

 

"But I guess it's okay for you guys to send them outside." Yoona however disagrees with Daniel. "I can't let you guys go home without adults. I would like to do this also, but I think my friends here would be better." she smiled, reassuringly.

 

"And besides, your Noona here will prepare the dinner date first."

 

"Yoona Noona has a girlfriend, indeed." Daeul grinned, teasing the doe-eyed.

 

"I told you, she's not yet my girlfriend." Yoona chuckles a little, pinching Daeul's cheek. "But give me some good luck hugs, so my dinner date would be a successful." she opens her arms and ushers the siblings to give her a big hug.

 

Smiling innocently, all three kids complied. The couple behind once again flutters, watching their friend hugging the three cute kids, which made once again smile meaningfully to each other.

 

"Alright, I think that's what I need for this evening. Go back home safe and sound, okay?"

 

"Yes, Noona." They chorus and give Yoona kisses on her cheek. Just then, the couple walks out the room and ushers the kids to come with them.

 

As her friends takes the kids with them, Yoona waves her hand back, so thankful that she has them as her help in picking the right flowers. She had no clue how long she will end it. Thanks to them and they were even faster in picking the right flowers.

 

"Otoke." However, she has another problem; Will she just scatters the petals only or will she just put the flowers on the floor? Because it's obvious it will take another time to pick the petals and spread them. "Aish." Opening her phone, her heart skips a beat when her screen changed into Seohyun's caller ID. She suddenly freezes and doesn't know if she's going to answer or not? When she hasn't done preparing yet? But she can't disappoint her - so she ends up answering. "He-Hello?" and stammers.

 

[Are you okay? Your voice sounded like it crack? Or what?] Seohyun giggles over the next line.

 

"Yes? Um... I just had a dry throat. I mean, I was having some exercises while you know - waiting for you. By the way, everything is still okay there, right?" Yoona asked, as it once again crosses her mind that the other girl is on a mission. There's no time that she wouldn't think of it actually. Although the wish is a good distraction, she always can think of her safety.

 

[Of course. In fact, I'm outside of a hotel right now. A different hotel. Waiting for these guys to come out and waiting for them to finally take me somewhere that might be their hideout here in Jeju. I'm sure nothing will happen badly though. So make sure everything is perfect as soon as I come back, okay?]

 

"That's good to hear. Anyway, I'm 100% sure you will like our dinner date later." Yoona had the biggest smile, though she has a problem apparently. "So don't hink of me here, okay? Just be careful always. Otherwise, I'm-"

 

[I'm professional. I've never been in a bad situation. Trust me, okay?]

 

"Trust me as well." Yoona said back, having a double meaning of her words. It's like assuring the other girl that she wouldn't ever experience the same thing like her previous relationship.

 

[I think I have to hang up now. I will call or message you once I'm on the way back. Bye.]

 

Yoona's brows raises as soon as the call ended. But before it was hang up, she heard weird noises. She got a little concern, but she can't think too much of negativity again. So she shakes her head and returns to the different colours of roses.

 

"I have no choice." She got nothing on her mind anymore but to carefully take every petal of the roses.

 

-

 

10:50 pm.

 

For the first time, After she prepared everything; from the McDonalds meals, which is still hot from the kitchen just waiting to be transferred to the room, candle lighting and the flowers that was spreading from the door to their room's balcony, Yoona finds herself checking the time and sighs in disappointment, because she hasn't receive any call or message that the young officer is on the way back.

 

She groans however, as she felt her stomach grumbling. She rubs it and utters, "Where are you, Seo Joohyun?" And at the same time, she's anxious of the current situation of the other girl. She wanted to call her but Jessica told her, she will only disturb her from the mission. So she endures herself and once again waits.

 

Looking up to the sky, her lips pouts, watching the thousands of stars, shines brightly upon her. 'Come on, tell me if she's on the way. But make sure she's safe and sound, okay?'

 

From the outside, in one couch, Jessica and Yuri are cuddling, couldn't somehow go to their room, concerned for Seohyun and their friend Yoona, as they noticed the time, getting too late. And as the night becomes so cold, they're concerned if Yoona is wearing a coat or jacket that would warm her up from the balcony.

 

"This is why I was quiet doubtful if Yoona had it right." Jessica suddenly says, breaking the silence between her and her girlfriend.

 

"What do you mean?" The tan girl asks, tucking her girlfriend's hair, behind her ear.

 

"The girl she likes is a police officer. And you know their job is always in danger. I think Yoona would be always anxious and worried if she ends up really dating this girl."

 

"Come on, don't you agrees that she's making our friend smile? I think that's more than important."

 

"Yah! It's also important for her to not experience another pain. What if, she will not make it in one of her missions?"

 

"You're thinking too much." Yuri rolled her eyes, totally contradicting her.

 

"I'm just concerned okay? I'm not saying I don't like Seohyun for our friend. But with this kind of job? I doubt it's going to work. You know how our friend has lost someone from the past. And it was horrible to see her devastated again. I think she deserves someone that will always be there for her, taking care of her, loving her forever. Giving her assurance always. Not like this, that there's 50/50 chance she will - Nah, I won't mention it." Jessica sighs, glancing to Yoona's door.

 

"I believe this is different this time. She maybe always in danger, but that's not guaranteed she will not be careful. She's professional you know. So let's just trust her, coz I think, she deserves it. If not, I think there's indeed a chance something will happen... She's cool in her job, to be honest."

 

Jessica scoffs, untangling herself from her girlfriend, as she sat up. "But if she doesn't knock on that door later - I wouldn't ever agree to this idea." she said and took the can of cola, drinking up the heavy lump on . "I will bring her back to Australia right away." she added after drinking.

 

Yuri sat up, sighing disappointingly.

 

Unknown to them, Yoona had been eavesdropping inside the room. She somehow understands Jessica, and she's glad Yuri is on her side.

 

-

 

2:50am.

 

*thud*

 

Yoona winced in pain as she drops her head to the table, unconsciously. But that only makes her wide awake. While rubbing her forehead, she realized the time on her phone, almost 3am now. She let out a huge yawn and check if she receives a message or a miscall she misses, while she's dozing off.

 

She can no longer take it and she stands up, dialling Seohyun's number. But to her surprised, it's turned off. "What the ." she cursed as her heart began to race. She tried to contact again, confirming if it's indeed turned off. "Damn." quick, she rushed outside, to see the living room is already empty. She was about to knock on the next door when she was reminded by her friends' words hours ago, she changed her mind and immediately went out.

 

Memories from the past came flashing before her eyes. When she tried to call her mother but it was turned off. It was later she finds out, she drops it on the floor when she finds out the loss of her grandma.

 

Everything from the past, the pain, the struggle of accepting the person will forever be gone is coming back to her. Like, she's walking in a thin ice. But she doesn't know where to go. Heck, she takes the elevator, as her breathing is now fast, legs are shaking and sweats are running through her cheeks.

 

'Please be fine... please be fine... please be fine... ' she keeps on saying it inside her head, impatiently waiting for the elevator to arrive in the first floor. It feels like she's riding it forever. But as soon as it arrives, she instantly walks out, having a fastest pace of her life, like she did when her father called her about the passing of her grandmother. Everything seems to vanished one by one in her visions, until she saw a figure from the main entrance of the hotel, walking in. Her legs stop, breathing stops and her world stops, as she tries to recognize the person.

 

Slowly but surely the blur images clears - her breathing went back, her world returns, and her legs began to move, with big steps as she instinctively rushed into the girl, meeting her halfway.

 

"Yoo-" Seohyun drops the big elephant stuff toy in her left arm, surprised when Yoona envelopes her into a tight hug. Then the next thing she heard, soft sobs. Her heart aches upon hearing her cry for the first time. She doesn't know what to say, but her free arm unconsciously wraps around her shoulders, as she began to pat her back. "I'm... okay... I'm totally fine." she comforts softly in her ear, trying to sooth her, although her right arm is casted after her mission.

 

Yoona keeps on sobbing and shaking her head. She was too scared to death that she doesn't know how stop herself anymore. It's a mix of happiness because she saw her back and her fear to loss her.

 

Seohyun somehow understood the situation as she keeps shut and just let the latter sob. Either way, she will calm down no matter what.

 

Just then, Yuri who noticed her friend is nowhere to be found, finds herself stopping from her tracks when she saw who was at the middle of the hotel's lob. She's relieved Yoona did not go far, but her heart aches upon hearing her sobs and the fact that Seohyun is back with a cast on her right arm.

 

-

 

Agape and speechless, Seohyun stood in the balcony, doesn't know how to react what welcomes her, from the moment she steps back to their hotel room until she reached the balcony, that blown her away, because everything she wrote in the paper was granted.

 

"The McDonald's meals are in the kitchen. Um, she hired a chef for it so it won't be cold." Yuri explained, amused at Seohyun's reaction. Though she did not say a thing, she's sure she's amazed. "Too bad you guys will have a breakfast instead." she added as she glances to her fast asleep friend, now lying on the bed; after they decided to make her lie down, instead of staying awake after her break down.

 

"I... seriously did not expect I will come back at dawn. I'm so sorry." Apologized the young officer, as she returns to her world, turning her body around to face the tan girl. "I hope-"

 

"Nah, she's good. As long as you came back... safe... and it seems not quiet sound." Yuri glances to the cast in the young officer's arm.

 

Seohyun smiled a little as she held her arm, carefully. "I was involved with the operation. I couldn't decline. And this was the result."

 

"It's not that dangerous, is it?"

 

She shake her head. "It's just a bullet. And this will be the last time." And smiled reassuringly to the tan girl.

 

"That's good to hear, because I don't think you would like to see what happened earlier again."

 

"That... " Seohyun sighs heavily. "I promise, it won't." glancing to the choding. "I promise this will be the last time I'll worry her." she bit her lip, as she endures her aching heart at the moment.

 

"But I think this will not be okay for my girlfriend." Yuri said softly.

 

"Yes?" Seohyun had a confused look.

 

"She seems doubtful about you. I guess it was because of your job. So I'm warning you, if she tells you something, don't ever believe it or follow it, okay? Coz I think she will freak out once she sees your cast later. But think of it only as a challenge, if ever she tells you something you wouldn't like." Yuri advises, smiling afterwards.

 

"Yes, I'll take note of that. Thanks, for helping me out with Yoona." Seohyun is glad Yuri went out and she helps her bring the weak Yoona back to their room. If it wasn't for her, she wouldn't convince the doe-eyed girl to come back to their room.

 

"Anyway, I better should go. Otherwise, this choding will wake up." Yuri jokes and did not wait for the young officer's response as she went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter