Day-4

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04 | Drunk

 

***

 

Seohyun is apparently couldn't stop herself from laughing after hearing all the stories of Yoona and her love life. The latter had been sharing it for the past 30 minutes already while they're walking in the bridge going back to the car where they left Yuri. And none of her stories never failed to make her laugh. Because most of it are like childish. Her girlfriends are childish. At least for her. Thought its quiet unbelievable for her, but it's funny for, because none of her stories tells her that she is even serious with her relationship. It's just like a friendship that ended so fast. Especially that every relationship of her only ends with 'see you when I see you' as her last goodbye.

 

"I just really think they're not the girls I wanted to date for years, though. So don't laugh at me. And to be honest, none of them possess like a supermodel... that supermodel that I have fall for a long time ago." Yoona drops a serious tone after making the young officer laughs with her random stories,Which is mostly just her stories she made up, to let Seohyun know that life doesn't end in one breakup. "And still, in love with." she turns her head to Seohyun and sighs, looking at her long time crush, feeling surreal because she's just by her side now, after a long time.

 

"Have you ever think if one of them are serious?" Seohyun however did not noticed the intent gazes from the young CEO and she just looked at her back, blankly.

 

Yoona looked away as she chuckls. "Nope. None of them. They just want to date me to hang out. Just like that. And you know what?" she pause and leans into Seohyun's ear, "I'm still a even for my couple of dates." whispering with a giggle at the end.


"What?!" Seohyun exclaimed. "Why do you have to whisper that to me?" as her cheeks are turning so red.

 

"Nothing, I thought it would make you smile." Yoona winks.

 

"Yah!" Seohyun smack the doe-eyed girl's arm eventually, flustered with her reason. "I'm not interested about that! I'm only interested if you have dated anyone as well! Aish!" she doesn't know why but she feels like defending herself. Embarrassed, she fastens her tracks, leaving Yoona dumbounded.

 

"S-Seo Joohyun-ah! Your Ice cream!" Yoona quickly noticed she had been holding Seohyun's ice cream on her right and she chases her by fasten her walk as well. Seohyun suddenly runs, she got surprised but quickly runs as well. "Yah! It's not a good idea to run in the bridge!" however, it's hard for her when the wind is blowing hard and she's holding two ice creams melting in both hands.

 

Seohyun looked back but never slowed down.

 

"Aish, This girl is so inconsiderate!" Yoona hissed and continue to run. But not long enough and she felt her legs weakening. Then her entire arms are trembling. She came to a halt and she took the chance to catch her breath while still holding the two ice creams.

 

It's not a long moment and Seohyun returns to snatch her ice cream from the doe-eyed and give it a bite, smiling to the latter widely.

 

"What?" Yoona scoffs, couldn't believe what's she's watching at the moment.

 

Taking her handkerchief from her pocket, Seohyun reached Yoona's free hand and wipes it with her handkerchief. Actually, the handkerchief the latter gave back when they're still in grade school. "You're so lucky and I always bring this with me. Otherwise, your hand will freeze from the cold breeze and the cold ice cream."

 

"Isn't this... " Yoona noticed the handkerchief is familiar for her eyes. And it quickly takes her back to that one moment she had encounter with Seohyun back. "You-You keep this?" She exclaimed, looking at her with wide eyes. She never thought she would do that. It had been years and yet, she's still keeping it. She doesn't know how to feel, except for she's happy to learn it.

 

"You gave it. How would I throw it away? And actually, it's been helpful for me. I mean, not just for wound physically." Seohyun replied with a double meaning, smiling a little.

 

Yoona quietly flutters. "Chincha? I... I'm glad to know. It... Means so much for me. Um... but... you're now using it with the ice cream's..."

 

"Oh, it’s okay. I'm washing it later." Seohyun said and turns around, as she leads Yoona to their way to the car again. "I have to actually apologize. You were so kind to bring me to a nearby ice cream parlor, yet I just left you with my ice cream there." while she's casually finishing her ice cream.

 

Yoona scoffed. "You're speaking non sense. That was nothing for me." and she chuckles. "And to think, I realized you run so fast like a horse."

 

"What?" Seohyun stopped, looking in disbelief to the doe-eyed girl.

 

"You run like Secretariat." Yoona continues to tease, grinning widely.

 

"Secretariat?" However, the young officer doesn't have any idea about the name she mentioned. "Who is that?" Her brows raise, in curiosity.

 

"Omo, you don't know secretariat? He's the fastest horse ever. And you run like him, like-"

 

"YAAHHH!!! I'M NOT A HORSE!" Before Seohyun could hit Yoona, the latter eventually runs away. "COMEBACK HEREEEE!!! I'LL KILL YOUUUUU!!!"

 

Yoona this time is running so fast - but for her life. Unlike earlier. However, her heart is so happy and her lips are smiling. Because after the cries she heard from her because of her breakup, she made her smile and now trying to kill her at the moment. It feels so great to change her mood in 180 degrees, though it took some time before she even made her smile earlier.

 

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME LIKE THAT WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING FASTER THAN ME AS WELL? IM YOOONAAAAA!!!"

 

It feels even better to hear her calling her name like that now - a sign that she's starting to get comfortable around her. She doesn’t know what will happen next. She just want to enjoy the flow until the last day of her stay in Seoul.

 

-

 

"Tell me I miss something because I fell asleep in the car?" Yuri wonders, looking at the two girls before her. She woke up the moment she heard the car's engine was . And she feels like she missed half of her life, looking at the two girl's bright moods.

 

"Nothing." Yoona said but smiled quietly, side-eyeing the police officer in the driver's seat.

 

"Are you hungry, Yuri-ssi? We bought some food." Seohyun speaks, taking a quick look to the tan girl through the rear view mirror. "It's just next to you. You can eat whenever you want while we haven't yet arrived to our destination."

 

Yuri frowns. "You guys did something without me, indeed! Yah! Im Yoon Ah! Are you betraying me already?"

 

"What?! We just went to buy some food, are you just being ridiculous?"

 

"Yeah, yeah... you just want to tell me you're keeping something from me now. We'll, I'm going to learn it later." Yuri shrugs and decided to open the paper bag next to her. Her face brightens to see macaroons inside. "Who bought this? You, Yoongie?" and she just quickly change her mind, happy to learn her best friend bought her favorite.

 

"Um, I bought that. I thought you would love that as well. I was right then." Seohyun glances to Yoona and smiled at her.

 

"I didn't tell her about you, you know! She just suddenly thought about you and wanted to buy you some food. Who knows you will be hungry once you wake up?"

 

Yuri is disappointed but happy to know Seohyun thinks of her. "Thanks, Seohyun-ssi." and did she want to thank her right away, but sent her best friend a glare. "You ."

 

Yoona stuck her tongue, playfully.

 

"Anyway, we're just two streets away from the place we're heading. I actually can feel that the culprit is not there. And that, he just put a letter in his place." Seohyun shared her thoughts, as she averted her mind to the current mission.

 

"I have the same feeling." Yoona replied coyly. "I mean, she mentioned 'Let's Play a Game', it will be too short if we find him there this quick. However, we can't also take our guards down. Let's be aware that this person is some professional thief and probably has accomplice."

 

"Let's be vigilant." Yuri said while munching on the pink macaroon.

 

"Exactly. But as the only officer that knows some fight, I have to give some rules."

 

"Rules? What rules?" Yoona's head turned to the beautiful young officer/driver.

 

"I should be the one leading this. You guys should listen to my instructions if I find the place affirmative with the culprit, or I have to ask you guys to help me search for another clue. And please don't go too far while in the location. Am I clear?"

 

"What do you guys reply in the station when a leader is talking?" Yoona curiously asked.

 

"Ma'am, Yes, Ma'am." Yuri mumbles, without giving them a glance.

 

Seohyun chuckles a little. "That can be. But most of the time, Copy that, Sir. Or Sir Yes Sir."

 

"You're a girl. So I think... Miss, Yes, Miss?" Yoona suggested, earning a laugh from her best friend.

 

"That sounds horrible. HAHAHAHAHA!!!" Yuri laughs out so loud, holding into her paper bag against her chest.

 

Yoona face-palmed, cheeks turning as red as a tomato. 'Yuri, Yuri, Yuri, why are you so stupid? Stop it.'

 

"It was a cute suggestion." Seohyun suddenly spoke, clear enough for Yuri to stop and looked at her in disbelief. "Because I remember hearing that from a butler to a princess."

 

"Chin... Cha?" Yoona is just like her best friend. She didn't think it that way, but Seohyun seems to like it.

 

"Yes." The young officer briefly smiled again to the deer.

 

'Heol, that was so lame. How did she ends up liking it? I feel like even puking.' Yuri thought watching her best friend smiling like a fool to her crush again. 'But this choding is sure being captured. Aigoo. Unbelievable.'

 

***

 

"This is the place." Seohyun announced as soon as she pulled the car over, in front of a house. The address that they got from Dong Wook's profile.

 

"So what will we do now, Officer Seo?" Asked Yoona and Yuri at the same time, both looking at her with serious gazes.

 

Seohyun turned her head, only to gasp in surprised with how close their faces are to her. "Jesus! This isn't some thriller, is it? Don't look at me like that!"

 

"We're waiting for your instructions, just like you said." Said Yoona, earning a nod from Yuri from the backseat.

 

"Alright, let me check if someone will respond to the doorbell first. If there wasn't any, then we can barge inside." Seohyun replied and breathed out in relief, as the two leans away from her already. "I'll just signal." she added, stepping out of the car and casually walked to the doorbell. She pressed the bell twice and waits for any response.

 

"Yuri, you better prepare your skills in running away later. I'll join Officer Seo in the combat." Yoona is confident with what she learned from her judo class and unbuckled her seat belt to ready.

 

"Really? You're so good now with it? Just when?" Yuri grinned, teasing her best friend. As far as she can remember, Yoona has some skills indeed, but she usually runs away if there are taller and more masculine than her. "I think you should put some muscles first, before asking me to run away."

 

Yoona somehows disagrees. "I'm on it. We'll see."

 

"We'll see when you get those-"

 

"By the way, I called Jessica Unnie and she told me to keep my eyes on you from now on. But I told her my attention is now with someone else, so she better come here and bring you back to Australia."

 

"What?!" Yuri meets the air when she tried to grab on her best friend's shoulders, but she's too fast from leaving the passenger right away. "Aish! I'll kill her." hastily, she follows them outside. But before she could even hit her best friend, Seohyun beats her by speaking.

 

"I'll break the lock and you two look around if there's any suspicious people around, Okay?" Seohyun instructed the two.

 

"Yes, Ma'am." Yoona made a salute, playfully, smiling so bright.

 

"Good." With that said, Seohyun went to the gate's door and started working with the padlock.

 

Yoona and Yuri are both back facing the house, keeping their eyes around, hoping to see any suspicious person that will pass through. However, while they're both quiet, standing side by side, Yuri couldn't stop praying her girlfriend will not come to Seoul. She already made her mad because she did not tell her about Seoul Trip after London, she can't afford to see her in Seoul, just to scold her for not telling her about the schedules.

 

"Got it." Seohyun announced, causing for the two to turns their body around and saw the padlock was already open. "Come on now." she added, ushering the two companion to follow her inside. She never missed and she fetch her gun out, in case the person inside just didn't response. "Stay close and lower your head."

 

"Yes." Yuri and Yoona both replied together. Yoona is the one following Seohyun's back while Yuri's the last, quiet scared because the house seems hunted or something. And the fact that it's far from the other neighbors, made it feels like the owner is some killer or a ghost? Yuri is totally trembling now.

 

As they take the stairs step by step, they heard a loud sound, flapping, "KYAAAA!!!"Yuri jumps in surprise, hugging her best friend's back in an instinct. "Yoona I'm scared!!!"

 

"Yah! That's just a bird!" Yoona almost immediately break the back hug from her best friend and hit her head. "Aish! Stupid!"

 

Yuri's pouted her lips but is glaring to her best friend. "You don't care for me anymore, Yoona?"

 

"What the. How can you say that to me? That was just-"

 

"You just prove it earlier!" Yuri countered. "How could you push me right away, when I need you at that moment?! Huh?! You tell me you are getting bored about me!"

 

Yoona was about to defend herself when the police officer in the side started laughing. Their heads turned to the side, as they watch the police officer laughing so hard.

 

"What's... funny?" Asked Yuri, quizzically.

 

Seohyun finally calmed down. "Stop you two. We'll not finish this if you guys just fight here. We're not here for that. Aish." And scold them rather, ushering them back to proceed to the door.

 

Yuri and Yoona looked into each other's eyes. Both blinks three times so fast, but they all couldn't say a word.They just follow the officer in a hurry inside the house.

 

"Just like I had expect." Mumbles Seohyun, as they're all being greeted by a clean living room. There wasn't even any furniture or sofa. "I'll proceed to the second floor and you guys check the kitchen." she instructed, putting her gun at her back.

 

Yoona and Yuri just casually complied with the kitchen, confident that nothing will happen to the young officer. And just like what greets them form the living room, there wasn't anything except for a fridge. Both look around the big kitchen and dining room somehow, in case someone from every corner. But it's still spotless.

 

"How about the fridge." Yoona opened the freezer first, only to see a pack of frozen yogurt. "Oh, he seems eating this only."

 

"No. He has meat and some vegetables too." Yuri checks the under and found couple of vegetables, including three packs of beef meat. "I presume he'll come back here and get this."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"They're still so fresh, Yoong." Yuri straightened herself, only to see her best friend is now eating the frozen yogurt. "Yah! What the heck are you doing?!" she instinctively snatched it from her grasp. "This isn't yours! How could you stole it?!"

 

"I got hungry. Come on, give that back." Yoona successfully got it back, but Yuri is also fast from snatching it again. "Yah! Yuri-ah!!!" she whined like a child, trying to steal the frozen yogurt again, but Yuri is avoiding her attempts. "He stole my laptop! This isn't even just a big deal!"

 

"But you are doing the same!" Yuri scolded, hitting her best friend's head. "Ah!" Only to receive a hit back and Yoona took the frozen yogurt back.

 

"It's only one! He can just buy another one!" Yoona strongly wants the yogurt, walking out the kitchen right away, before Yuri could steal it back from her.

 

Yuri was about to follow her best friend when something suddenly changed her mind - she returns to get one yogurt and bowed to the fridge. "Tell your boss he can have the laptop in return for two yogurts." she told it before she eventually followed her best friend upstairs.

 

When they arrived at a certain room, they saw Ssohyun just picked up a piece of paper. They both stood in either sides of her to check what's in the paper.

 

"Tower." Yoona reads loudly.

 

"Lovers." Seohyun reads the second word.

 

"And Padlocks." Yuri took the last word.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter