Day-3

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Favor

 

***

 

The moment Yoona's phone beeps against the night stand, she and her partner rushed to it from sitting on the floor, while they're listening to all the cries from Seohyun outside.

 

Yoona took the device as she sits down at the edge of the bed again and checks the file that was sent from her IT professional back in Australia.

 

"Kim Ji Soo. A young model base in Seoul." Yuri reads what's on the file.

 

"And he's from Jeonju as well. He has the same year when I graduated high school there." Yoona slowly made eye-contact with her best friend.

 

"Do you know him? Or have you heard his name?" Asked Yuri softly in a whisper.

 

"Why are you whispering?" Which Yoona couldn't understand?

 

"It's a confidential information. We can't let her hear us."

 

"The door is so far from where we are sitting." Yoona said as a matter of fact. "To think, she's still crying out there. Do you think she can hear us?"

 

"Ugh, can you just continue? I don't want to fail this time." Yuri groans, annoyed by her best friend.

 

Yoona shrugs eventually and continue. "Oh, height is like 10 inches taller than me. Damn, he's indeed a model."

 

"Wow, His family can be connected to Seohyun's. Look, his father is a prime minister."

 

"Yeah, but he is not that handsome."

 

"Eh? What's the connection?"

 

"Nothing. I'm just comparing my handsome face to him. And he's just 20% compared to mine." Yoona grinned like a fool.

 

Yuri couldn't able to react, except for a poker face to her best friend.

 

"Anyway, let's move on." Yoona shrugs again as she goes further with the file. Her eyes suddenly widened when she saw pictures of Ji Soo and Seohyun, having fun in a cafe, having a date in Han River Park, going out from a movie date and more captured photos that was taken by paparazzi.

 

"You know, you can just photo shopped that with your face. It feels better if it's your face you can see." Yuri advised almost immediately when she noticed her best friend's reaction. But it only earned her a hit on the arm. She chucked and ruffles her broken hearted best friend's hair.

 

"Aish, why did he include these pictures? I did not even asked him." Yoona complains to her IT specialist.

 

"You ask him the information, he's just doing his job, Yoong. Come on, just proceed on the details about these photos." Yuri leaned in to try to read the information but Yoona give the device to her.

 

"Read it for me."

 

"Read it for you or you don't want to continue looking at the photos?"

 

"Just read it." Yoona nonchalantly replied.

 

"Tsk,tsk." Shaking her head, Yuri decided to comply. "So apparently, they're high school friends for a long time but started dating around Sophomore College. Whoa, that means, they've been dating for a long time now? And you, you've been loving her for like a freaking decade. Who would have thought-"

 

"And that idiot made her cry right now. Just continue on the other details." Yoona cut Yuri's sentence, doesn't want the latter to start teasing her. She doesn't care if they've been together, she cares for what is now.

 

"Okay. Um, according to this also, they're not the usual couple who always go on date. They only date on public if Ji Soo comes back from an international commitments whilst, such as New York fashion shows, London and Paris. Wow, he isn't just a model here then."

 

"That means, their relationship isn't like inseparable. They're this long distance relationship. Tsk,tsk." Yoona shakes her head in disapproval. "Not the kind of relationship I want for my future wife."

 

"And who is actually base in Australia, eh?" Yuri reminds her best friend, earning her glare. She cough and continues. "Yeah, I know, you're willing to go with your crush wherever she is. That's if, she's not taken anymore."

 

"I have a feeling their relationship is in danger of breaking up."

 

"Don't be too hopeful. They've been dating for years now, that means, they really love each other."

 

". That hurts." Yoona cursed so loud, holding her chest like it was being struck by lightning.

 

"But that's the truth. Now, let's see his weird habits that can make him down and you on top." Yuri replied yet her eyes are on the screen, scrolling down further with the information. "Hmm... it seems she been into a police station once."

 

Yoona's ears feels like it lit up when she heard the information. "Why and what's the reason?"

 

"You shouldn't put 'Why', when you're just asking it with 'What'." Yuri randomly corrected her best friend.

 

"Aish, just answer my question." Yoona shrugs it off and eagerly wants to know.

 

"He had trouble with people in a club while he's drunk. It seems like he injured five guys that charged him for physical injuries and threatening people."

 

"Wow, she is dating a violent person?"

 

"I know right? But let's not judge her with how Ji Soo acted. He is probably having a problem and drunk himself all night. Well, poor Officer Seo and she has to be the one charging him with the assault."

 

"Chincha? That means she doesn't really recognize people that close to her, no?"

 

"Exactly what I am saying. Anyway, he isn't just a model though, he is also a business man, taking advantage that his father is a prime minister."

 

"What else?"

 

"Before he dated Seohyun, he was rumored that he dated the president's daughter - but later cleared they're just friends."

 

"He dated her or not?"

 

"The guy can only answer that, Im Yoona."

 

"Fine." Yoona rolled her eyes. "Nothing else anymore?"

 

"Aside from his experience in modeling, and early life, there's nothing else that's interesting." Yuri sighs, disappointed that it only has small details that's interesting for them.

 

Yoona took her phone and stands up, heading to the door again to peek her head. But she doesn't need to when she finds out Seohyun is no longer awake. She's sleeping in the couch, cuddling with the pillow. "It looks like she fell asleep while crying." she went out casually and stopped in front of the couch. Looking down to the sleeping beauty with a disappointing sigh.

 

"Where is she going to sleep?"

 

"Of course in my bed." Without warning, she lowered herself and gently took her into her arms, lifting her up in a bridal style as she takes her to the bedroom.

 

"So that means, we are going to sleep in the living room?"

 

"Where do you want? In the kitchen? Or outside? In the pool?" Yoona asks in a soft voice, preventing herself from walking up the young officer.

 

"Wow, I never thought she would still be your princess." Yuri said as she pulled the covers down.

 

"She's a guest, remember?" Yoona reminded, slowly putting the girl down to her bed. She gently tucks her hair behind her hair and smile unconsciously, as she checks on her face. "Omo." But Yuri suddenly pushed her head, which made her quickly supported herself with her two hands on the mattress. She almost kissed her if she did not hold herself. But apparently, she couldn't lean away, as her eyes were caught up with the beauty in front of her. Not to mention, their lips are inches away and her heart is beating wildly that Seohyun might wake up with it. It made her gulped nervously, somewhat freeze at the moment.

 

Yuri lowered herself to check if her best friend's lips is pressed with Seohyun's. "Aish, why did you have to be so quick with your hands. You could have taste her lips." she said, disappointed she failed to see it. Before she knows it, Yoona almost caught her by her arm, if she did not instinctively runs off of the bed. But the latter caught her still outside, and she has to hold her head, protecting it before she got hits from her. Heck, Yoona only hit her shoulder twice before leaving her alone to the kitchen. She followed and takes her seat across the table. "You better prepare breakfast tomorrow."

 

"I'm not - but you are." Yoona replied while putting the mug to the coffee maker. "It's going to be a long night."

 

"Yeah." A long sigh escapes her lips as Yuri pouts, knowing exactly her and Yoona aren't used to sleeping in a couch.

 

 

***

 

Having Headache and feels like her world is upside down, Seohyun slowly wakes up from her deep slumber, holding her head momentarily while blinking her eyes slowly but surely. She let out a huge yawn in the process, while she's also trying to figure her surroundings. She almost want to sit up if she didn't remember she's in Yoona's penthouse. And just then, the phone call she had with her boyfriend's mother and then Ji Soo, which ended unexpectedly. She had a long sigh, feeling her heart broken into pieces again. She definitely did not expect it.

 

Getting up, she groans when her eyes feels like the heaviest to carry. Screw that Ji Soo and she cries all night. But she has no time to continue complaining, as she thought of searching for Yoona and Yuri. She is fluttered at the same time that they let her use the bedroom, instead of them.

 

However, as she made her way to the living room and saw that they're cuddling in one couch, she gasps in surprise. 'Aren't they just friends? What is-'

 

*thud*

 

She wasn't able to continue her thoughts when they both fell down from the couch, which wakes them up. She couldn't help but giggle while they're fixing each other's hair. Yuri then kiss Yoona's forehead, as Yoona does the same to her best friend. Both are like the sweetest best friends she has ever seen.

 

"How cute." she commented, loud enough for them to be aware that she's watching.

 

Yoona and Yuri almost immediately stands up, looking at her with shock.

 

"How long have you been watching?" Yoona asked, as she feels like explaining it to the young officer.

 

"I've seen them all. If I didn't know you guys are just friends, I would think you guys are a couple." Seohyun chuckles softly.

 

"Of course we're not! I'm totally single!" Yoona defended herself strongly.

 

"What?! I and Yoona? No Way! I am dating a blonde girl!" And Yuri did it at the same time with her. "And I swear! I will never like this choding!"

 

"It's obvious." Seohyun giggles and took her phone from the coffee table. "By the way, Yoona-ssi, I'll shower first then after you guys do, let's have breakfast together and let's talk about the case. Thanks for letting me sleep in your bedroom." She bowed low in front of Yoona and immediately rushed back to the room, before she could hear a response from the doe-eyed girl. She heard their noise outside, which made her giggle before going for a shower.

 

-

 

When she went out the room, she expectantly wanted to see them in the living room, waiting for her to come out. But to her dismay, it's empty. Then she heard noises coming from the kitchen, she casually made her way there, only to see the two girls are now setting dining table. "Wow. I thought I could cook for the breakfast but it seems you guys made it already." She said as she slowly walks in. But to her surprised, most of the sausage and ham on the plates are burn? She looked at Yoona and then Yuri, who was starred at her back with their apologetic smiles. "This isn't like the real breakfast, or it is?" She asks them.

 

"She burnt it." Yoona hastily pointed her best friend.

 

"No, you burnt it Yoona." But Yuri strongly denies.

 

"I was only assisting you earlier. How can I burn this?"

 

"You forgot to lower the fire, how are you blaming me?"

 

"It wasn't me, it was you."

 

"Of course not."

 

"Of course, yes."

 

"Who actually like sausage more than hot dog, eh?"

 

"I never told you to fry sausage! And I never touch the stove, for your information!"

 

"Of course you did. Why are you standing here?!"

 

"I didn't!"

 

"You did!"

 

"ENOUGH!" Seohyun yelled, stopping the two girls from fighting over a small thing. "Whether who burnt the breakfast, this only means you two doesn't know how to cook. Not even a simply frying. Aish, stupid." She glares to the two girls before she took the plates. "I'll cook again for our breakfast. You guys are just wasting food and time." She mumbles, couldn't believe she's scolding the owner of the penthouse.

 

"Sorry." Yoonyul both apologize at the same time, looking down in the process.

 

"You guys go freshen up so we will have breakfast together. Geez, I can't believe I'm scolding the both of you. When I'm the guest." Seohyun sighs, as she cooks again.

 

Bowing their heads, Yoonyul left the kitchen like kids, pushing into each other until they reached the bedroom.

 

---

 

Yoona is like in the middle of heaven once she tasted the food that the officer cooks for them. Instead of the simple sausage and hot dog, she actually used the vegetables and meat in their fridge to have a complete korean meal in their table, including side dishes, that it feels like a feast of food in an early morning.

 

"Gosh, I miss these foods." Yoona can't help herself and loudly shows her excitement with the food. "Thanks for the food, Officer Seo."

 

Yuri almost choke with her food. "Are you kidding me? This is your food to begin with."

 

"I was saying, she made the food for us. And to think that she can cook well, I have to thank her and be grateful for this."

 

"Just eat guys, so we can continue on our investigation later." Seohyun says before she had a bite on her food. She's quietly smiling inside, having able to be praise by someone she barely know is a good feeling.

 

"By the way, why did you cry last night?" Yoona absentmindedly asked, earning a shock from the young officer and Yuri with a rolling of eyes besides the latter. "Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I couldn't help myself and get concern about you. I thought there must be some problem?" Heck, Yoona stays with her question. She had deliberating with it in her mind but she ends up wanting to learn more about the young officer. "And don't think it wrongly as well, I was just concerned because you're working under me. As the chairman, I want to make sure you're always doing well."

 

"She's always like that." Yuri says to Seohyun, so she can understand why she's being asked.

 

Seohyun couldn't answer right away, as she debates on herself first if she tells her the truth or not. After a while, she made up her mind. "It's about my love life." and she thought its okay to share it. They're good people after all. "I mean... " she chuckles softly. "Um, it ended last night through a call. I'm sorry if it bothers you. But I hope you understand that I can't go into details about it. And you don't have to worry, I'm okay now." she put on her best smile, yet she failed to convince the doe-eyed girl, who looked at her with worried eyes still. She sighs and casually eat on her meal. 'Why the heck she's like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter